• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread - Who cares who won we got a draft to prepare for!

Status
Not open for further replies.
No more Mendy.

It's time for El, el, ellington to shine!

Cards fan? Man I can't wait for FA to truly start. Hope we land Veldheer for that discounted price I've seen rumored! It would be awesome if we can free up our first pick to snag Dennard or Gilbert to finally have a legit CB2 or if teams act foolish and let Barr or Mack fall (I know, beyond doubtful).

I'll finally be getting on my PS4 again for Infamous Second Son and be adding/accepting FR from you bros. Last I checked, EZ and Bionic still hadn't plugged in their info, lazy bigots ;)

Colasante

Bears calling around the league, seeing if they can find a trade partner for DE Julius Peppers, per sources. Trade unlikely...

Bears will definitely cut Peppers soon. I remember how much I wanted the Patriots to sign him before he went to the Bears. Now I'm glad that didn't happen.

Wow Ross is paying for the full stadium renovation (including roof) to the tune of 400 million.

Also we cut CB Patterson saving 5.4 million in cap (Byrd incoming?)

squicken

Peter King ‏@SI_PeterKing
Agent for transition-tagged Cle C Alex Mack tells me he's "confident" he can structure pact w/a "reasonable likelihood" Browns won't match.

He really wants out of Cleveland it seems

I wonder what team could afford to sign him to a deal that the Browns wont match. Cleveland has tons of cap room, I would think they could match anything.

Dynasty league feedback.

I can keep 7 players total. Which one should I drop?

Here's my team:

-Brees
-C. Patterson, D. Jax, V. Jax
-S. Vereen, A. Ellington, R. Mathews
-J. Cameron

I trying to decide who to drop. It's either going to be Vereen or V. Jax. Considering age, I'm planning right now on dropping V. Jax, but if our league approves it, I'll just trade him for a pick.

squicken

Dynasty league feedback.

I can keep 7 players total. Which one should I drop?

Here's my team:

-Brees
-C. Patterson, D. Jax, V. Jax
-S. Vereen, A. Ellington, R. Mathews
-J. Cameron

I trying to decide who to drop. It's either going to be Vereen or V. Jax. Considering age, I'm planning right now on dropping V. Jax, but if our league approves it, I'll just trade him for a pick.

I'd drop Vereen. He's never going to be more than a platoon guy. VJAX might give you a couple more good years if they get the QB right

JABEE

He really wants out of Cleveland it seems

Who doesn't?

I'm so sorry, BG, Kave, Wes, Batman and company.

Does anyone else find it strange that the Browns have such a large and devoted following on here? Even followers from other countries. There is something about the Browns that captures people and never lets them go. I respect Browns fans for that reason. They may suck, but they really are devoted fans.

Assuming the Panthers cut Steve Smith, here are their wide receivers on the roster as of tomorrow at 4:

Marvin McNutt
Tavarres King
R.J. Webb
Kealoha Pilares
Brenton Bersin
Toney Clemons

rFBam_medium.gif

squicken

Per PFT, "Safety Louis Delmas agrees to terms with the Dolphins. Max deal of $3.5 million for one year."

No Byrd for the Dolphins.

Rams gave him a physical and wanted no part of him last year. Bad knees. Good when he is healthy, though

e: haha difference of opinion. I like Delmas when not asked to play in coverage. Good Quinten Mikell type

Dolphins open to bringing Patterson at a reduce rate, don't know if this is before or after they released him.

Per PFT, "Safety Louis Delmas agrees to terms with the Dolphins. Max deal of $3.5 million for one year."

No Byrd for the Dolphins.

Well fuck

Rams gave him a physical and wanted no part of him last year. Bad knees. Good when he is healthy, though

e: haha difference of opinion. I like Delmas when not asked to play in coverage. Good Quinten Mikell type

Could this be our Brees??

LJ11

haha I'd take LJ's word over mine, but it's a one year deal. I'm not ever sure this takes you out of the Bryd sweepstakes. They don't play the same position really, though it's hard to imagine to safeties making that much

Let the Lions fans have the final say, I watched a bunch of Lions games this year because my buddy's a fan and from my pov I thought he was just slow up stairs. Didn't drive on receivers, lots of receptions right in front of him.

Just seemed a beat slow, as a half field or mof defender no thanks, in the box only.

haha I'd take LJ's word over mine, but it's a one year deal. I'm not ever sure this takes you out of the Bryd sweepstakes. They don't play the same position really, though it's hard to imagine to safeties making that much

One year deal isn't bad, worked out well with Grimes, what we need is another CB though not a safety so while having Byrd would be nice I'd rather the money go else where. (DT,LB,CB)

Jesus christ Fins what was the hurry. Why not wait and see what kinds of deals safeties are getting.

We have to defend our off-season championship

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom