• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread - Who cares who won we got a draft to prepare for!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
ku-xlarge.gif

lol

Farooq

Banned
Draft talk? Draft talk.

Dallas needs to trade down. Draft DT Aaron Donald in the 1st, DT Stephon Tuitt in the 2nd and OG Dakota Dozier in the 3rd. Inside out baby. Hopefully they pick up at least an extra 3rd from the trade down and draft DE Jackson Jeffcoat if he drops.

If the Dallas stays put, draft Kony Ealy at 16/17.

MechDX

The thing is what leverage would you guys have for us to trade to 1? Why not just trade to 2? Fear of you guys taking the Qb we want? If you guys really wanted that guy then you would take him, without trying to negotiate.
Edit: annnnddd why risk missing out on the guy the texans want? Trading down to 4 means 3 potential qbs go ahead of you.

14014888-mmmain.jpg

And we are done.

Bfg0gBVCAAAx7Qu.jpg:large

T.J. Yates ‏@TJ_Yates 1h
RiceCake and Dre #killercombo

Vyroxis

Banned
Well congrats SeahawksGaf. I may not be happy with the outcome, but I will not deny that you guys dominated the game from one side to the other.

Also, congrats BroncosGaf! 3 of the five worst losses in the history of the Superbowl are yours! If you are gonna lose, make it memorable and for the record books!

cajunator

Banned
The one thing im interested in is what the seahawks ring looks like. I love seeing new teams win for exactly that reason. I like to see how the rings look.

http://imgick.cleveland.com/home/cleve-media/width620/img/browns_impact/photo/14014888-mmmain.jpg[/img[/QUOTE]
Nope.

I'm just trying to be real with you. It's not a impossible outcome, but it's very unlikely. I know it's a possibility we trade up for a Qb and I'm fine with that, but if it happens it's likely to be at the rams spot. Just saying your hope is kinda a pipe dream.

squicken

Seeing those pictures of Peyton's withered arm, I just don't know for sure he comes back. I mean he had the most dominant season a QB has ever had and just ran into a buzzsaw defense, but he seemed to be running on fumes a lot

MechDX

Nope.

I'm just trying to be real with you. It's not a impossible outcome, but it's very unlikely. I know it's a possibility we trade up for a Qb and I'm fine with that, but if it happens it's likely to be at the rams spot. Just saying your hope is kinda a pipe dream.

All depends on how antsy the Browns are to get JFF. The Jags are sitting at 3 and don't forget the QB hungry teams eyeing that same Rams spot as well. I just feel the if the Browns are as in love with Manziel as reported they go for the only sure fire way to get him.

Seeing those pictures of Peyton's withered arm, I just don't know for sure he comes back. I mean he had the most dominant season a QB has ever had and just ran into a buzzsaw defense, but he seemed to be running on fumes a lot

He played despite the arm. If he didn't retire when he thought it was fucked it's not going to change now.

What will change is his spirit. Losing the Super Bowl with the most dominant offense of all time? At least when Brady did it he wasn't turning 38 in a month.

LJ11

Draft talk? Draft talk.

Dallas needs to trade down. Draft DT Aaron Donald in the 1st, DT Stephon Tuitt in the 2nd and OG Dakota Dozier in the 3rd. Inside out baby. Hopefully they pick up at least an extra 3rd from the trade down and pick up DE Jackson Jeffcoat if he drops.

If the Dallas stays put, draft Kony Ealy at 16/17.

You guys have hatcher too. Not sure where Tuitt fits in the NFL. He's too fucking big now, he kept growing and growing and growing. Seems like a 3 tech but not sure he has the strength to handle the interior. Strange prospect, good coach will find a spot for him though.

Will be easier for teams to trade down if theirs an early run on QBs, that will change the dynamics completely as good talent drops out of the top 5.

All depends on how antsy the Browns are to get JFF. The Jags are sitting at 3 and don't forget the QB hungry teams eyeing that same Rams spot as well. I just feel the if the Browns are as in love with Manziel as reported they go for the only sure fire way to get him.
Exactly, so why would the Texans risk a chance to miss out on the guy they want. Unless there target is Carr, or a guy in the second.
My point is if the Texans want one of these 3 Qbs is to risky to trade down and HOPE one is there. They'll be sitting around with yolk on their face if they miss there guy

Congrats cdy, Rando, Shane, Hito, blackace, madness, paches, and I'm sure a couple of other guys who I missed. Its been a long time coming and yall deserved it tonight.

gg Broncos-GAF, hold your head up.

Not really an entertaining game unfortunately. Seahawks dominated in all three facets, outcoached and outworked the Broncos tonight. It's almost like one team prepared to play and the other just sat on their laurels for two weeks.

squicken

He played despite the arm. If he didn't retire when he thought it was fucked it's not going to change now.

What will change is his spirit. Losing the Super Bowl with the most dominant offense of all time? At least when Brady did it he wasn't turning 38 in a month.

But the arm will only get weaker b/c of the nerve damage. At some point he just won't be able to throw hard enough to beat even bad corners. He also just played one of the easiest schedules in the league. It will be tougher for sure next year

MechDX

Exactly, so why would the Texans risk a chance to miss out on the guy they want. Unless there target is Carr, or a guy in the second.

Who says they aren't? I still have a funny feeling somehow TJ Yates is the starter next season.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5440/julian-edelman

Despite Edelman's breakout 105-catch 2013 season, Reiss believes the Patriots will be unwilling to pay him Danny Amendola money (five years, $28.5 million). "The Patriots could absorb it but I think they would ultimately decide not to," writes Reiss. Ex-Patriots OC and WRs coach Bill O'Brien is now the Texans' head coach. With Houston, Edelman could round out an awfully nice three-receiver package alongside Andre Johnson and DeAndre Hopkins. Feb 2 - 9:34 AM

BREAD!! Pats South! Scrappy white receiver. itshappening.gif

squicken

My point is if the Texans want one of these 3 Qbs is to risky to trade down and HOPE one is there. They'll be sitting around with yolk on their face if they miss there guy

Yep. Texans can't trade down if they want a QB early, b/c STL will almost certainly trade the 2nd pick if Clowney and a QB or two emerge as legit top 5 picks. The only way Houston gets their guy is if they stay at 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom