• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread - Who cares who won we got a draft to prepare for!

Status
Not open for further replies.
They didn't finish the job, and I do care. But what do you want me to say? They didn't do it. I still stand by the fact that I put my nuts on the line and wasn't afraid to get them chopped off (which did happen). I refuse to hate on Seattle, and the Broncos sucked. They earned the win, we didn't, but never was I afraid to lose. Denver had all the right keys pressed to fuel a championship run, but they didn't do it. Life goes on.

I know that Pittsburgh hasn't wallowed in defeat like we have, so the feeling is foreign to you. You can kick the shit out of us, but we don't give up. We will be back again, it's the Bronco way I guess.

Losing is losing. It hurts. Steelers won 2 Super Bowls in the last 10 years, but losing XLV still burns me to this day. I'm sure I don't have to bring up Leafs Bruins again.

I'll never shit on a guy that stands by his team win or lose though; in fact it's the one thing I actually respect about Tabris. Say what you will about the dude but he took his medicine.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Just remember I'm still a Lions fan till I die. Until next year :Kas never lose faith. We will rise. I got you're back always

Brother, I'm a Lion fan till I die. I got your back always. We will rise, and LionsGAF needs to stick together. We mustn't fight amongst ourselves we must use our energy against PackersGAF, BearsGAF and the rest of the doubters. We're cynical by nature but this team is in good hands with our management and our QB and the talent around him.

Restore the Roar 2014.

It's been a while since last year. Since you experienced it with the Panthers, can you recap the feeling for me?

Divisional round =/= first round.

It's been a while for you too. Since I experienced it with the Hawks twice in three years, would you like me to recap the feeling of winning a championship for you?

You wish you traded Cordarelle Patterson for Percy Harvin?

Yes. If healthy I think Percy is the better player, but you made it sound like it was a terrible trade. Percy came up huge in the SB today. If he can get healthy he is one of the best players in the NFL. Cordarelle could be great but it is hard to say after one season.

MechDX

They didn't finish the job, and I do care. But what do you want me to say? They didn't do it. I still stand by the fact that I put my nuts on the line and wasn't afraid to get them chopped off (which did happen). I refuse to hate on Seattle, and the Broncos sucked. They earned the win, we didn't, but never was I afraid to lose. Denver had all the right keys pressed to fuel a championship run, but they didn't do it. Life goes on.

I know that Pittsburgh hasn't wallowed in defeat like we have, so the feeling is foreign to you. You can kick the shit out of us, but we don't give up. We will be back again, it's the Bronco way I guess.

Damn and I was riding a high in 2011 when we finally made the playoffs. I miss those days. :(

Farooq

Banned
Brother, I'm a Lion fan till I die. I got your back always. We will rise, and LionsGAF needs to stick together. We mustn't fight amongst ourselves we must use our energy against PackersGAF, BearsGAF and the rest of the doubters. We're cynical by nature but this team is in good hands with our management and our QB and the talent around him.

Restore the Roar 2014.

Kas give us your current Mock draft for Detroit. 3 rounds is good enough, unless you feeling like mocking more rounds. You know what, you also have the the choice mocking two rounds. In fact, you can just ignore me and not mock draft at all.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Losing is losing. It hurts. Steelers won 2 Super Bowls in the last 10 years, but losing XLV still burns me to this day. I'm sure I don't have to bring up Leafs Bruins again.

I'll never shit on a guy that stands by his team win or lose though; in fact it's the one thing I actually respect about Tabris. Say what you will about the dude but he took his medicine.

Don't. I still refuse to listen to or even watch a second of game 7. I change the channel if it's even discussed.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Game was terrible. Food was amazing at the party, thankfully.

So, is the topic set to Seattle's asterisk or Peyton's choke artistry?

Tabris

Manning is actually pointing at a mirror at the problem

Pretty hard to make accurate throws when your o-line is letting you get pressured every down including being contacted too many times, or snapping the ball way before you have the play ready causing a safety.

It's not all on the o-line. Peyton usually can adapt faster and better, but couldn't this day. I was worried as soon as I didn't see him making that many changes at the line of scrimmage. He seemed neutered a bit today.

squicken

Anyone have a list of key dates? Cutting players, combine, free agency, etc....

February 3: Waiver system begins for 2014. A 24-hour claiming period will be in effect through the Friday prior to the last regular season game (waivers requests made on Friday and Saturday of each week will expire at 4:00 p.m., New York time, on the following Monday.) Players with at least four previous pension-credited seasons whom a club desires to terminate are not subject to the waiver system until after the trading deadline.

February 17: First day that teams are allowed to designate Franchise or Transition players. Franchise and Transition tag numbers should be released prior to the start. There's only a two-week window before the deadline for tagging players.

February 19-25: The 2014 NFL Combine at Lucas Oil Stadium.

March 3: Deadline for teams to designate Franchise or Transition players, prior to 4 p.m (ET).

March 8-11: Teams are allowed to contact and enter into negotiations with agents of players that will become unrestricted free agents upon the expiration of their 2013 contracts on March 11 at 4 p.m (ET). A contract can NOT be executed until after 4 p.m (ET) on March 11.

March 11: At 4 p.m (ET), the 2014 league year begins. All player contracts for the year 2013 expire. Unrestricted free agents are allowed to sign with new clubs. Clubs must exercise options for 2014 on all players with option clauses in their 2013 contracts prior to 4 p.m (ET). Top-51 begins, meaning that all clubs must be under the 2014 salary cap prior to 4 p.m (ET).

March 11: Trading period for 2014 begins at 4 p.m (ET), after the expiration of all 2013 contracts.

March 23-26: Annual league meeting in Orlando, Florida.

April 7: Teams that hired new head coaches after the end of the 2013 regular season may begin offseason workout programs.

April 21: Teams with returning head coaches may begin offseason workout programs.

May 2: Deadline for restricted free agents to sign offer sheets with a new club.

May 7: Deadline for Prior Clubs to exercise their right of first refusal for restricted free agents, who signed an offer sheet with a new club.

May 8-10: NFL Draft in New York city.

May 19-21: NFL Spring league meetings in Atlanta, Georgia.

June 16: Deadline for a club to withdraw a qualifying offer to restricted free agents and still retain exclusive negotiating rights by submitting a June 15 Tender -- a one-year deal at 110 percent of the player's prior-year salary.

June 22-28: NFL rookie symposium in Aurora, Ohio.

July 15: Deadline for any club that designated a Franchise Player to sign that player to a multi-year contract or extension. After this date, the player can not be signed beyond that team's last regular season game.

Cuts start tomorrow

Tom Penny

Seattle just straight kick the shiiat out of Denver from the get go. Did not expect that. No team could beat them at that level.

JABEE

Yes. If healthy I think Percy is the better player, but you made it sound like it was a terrible trade. Percy came up huge in the SB today. If he can get healthy he is one of the best players in the NFL. Cordarelle could be great but it is hard to say after one season.

I think Cordarrelle is going to be a really good player.

Game was terrible. Food was amazing at the party, thankfully.

So, is the topic set to Seattle's asterisk or Peyton's choke artistry?

You know the game is shitty when the two best things to happen on TV during the four hours was the half-time show and Joe Namath's coat. The ads weren't even that good this year.

He returned a kick off in a game that was 22-0 with a defense that was already dominating. Yeah it was a nice play and killed whatever morale was left for the Broncos but meh. He could have been home with a migraine as usual it would have been delaying the inevitable. The Seahawks still win that game.

If you want to be considered "special" and worth three picks and 60 million dollars you need to get your ass on the field for more than 39 combined snaps. Not that anyone in Seattle cares. They just won the Super Bowl, afterall which makes every decision their front office made the perfect one.;)

Godslay

Banned

Everyone in Denver is taking there medicine, Tabris and myself included. Doesn't change the fact that I'll roll in here again supporting the Broncos. I'm immune to Superbowl losses at this point.

Divisional round =/= first round.

It's been a while for you too. Since I experienced it with the Hawks twice in three years, would you like me to recap the feeling of winning a championship for you?

For as much as you have given Tabris a hard time, you have been twice the cunt as I have seen Tabris ever be. It's odd that he gets all the shit, when he lays it out as to what he likes plain and simple. Maybe I don't know him well enough in the hockey thread, but you have been a real asshole in this one.

Damn and I was riding a high in 2011 when we finally made the playoffs. I miss those days. :(

Your days are coming Mech. Hang in there my friend.

jman2050

It felt like I was watching the Ravens-Giants SB all over again except I had no stock in either team so the result was hilarity rather than soul-crushing body-deadening gloom.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Godslay I'm being honest when I say Tabris deserves a majority of the shit he gets hurled at him.

And that's coming from me.

Tabris

Godslay I'm being honest when I say Tabris deserves a majority of the shit he gets hurled at him.

And that's coming from me.

Haha, Godslay, I treated everyone in NHL-age like I treat Pats fans, so it's understandable :)

Combine that attitude + being a fan of the most hated team in NHL and it's a double whammy.

EDIT - NHL-age also has an issue letting go though and still make a big deal about me posting X/16 for each game we won during Stanley Cup back in 2011 (that's where most of the hate comes from, as I was being arrogant about it)

He returned a kick off in a game that was 22-0 with a defense that was already dominating. Yeah it was a nice play and killed whatever morale was left for the Broncos but meh. He could have been home with a migraine as usual it would have been delaying the inevitable. The Seahawks still win that game.

If you want to be considered "special" and worth three picks and 60 million dollars you need to get your ass on the field for more than 39 combined snaps. Not that anyone in Seattle cares. They just won the Super Bowl, afterall which makes every decision their front office made the perfect one.;)

Yep, what Harvin did wasn't special. It was just another nail in the coffin.

Harvin won't see it that way though.

I think Cordarrelle is going to be a really good player.

Most likely yes, but it is hard to say after one season, whereas Harvin has done it for multiple seasons. The question with Harvin is health. If he can stay healthy going forward he is a great player.

squicken

Yeah but in the next couple years all those rookie contracts will have to be renewed and Wilson gonna eat up that cap. Cant franchise tag everyone.

I'm just going to hold off on assuming they give Wilson $18m/yr. One of these days a smart front office is going to realize you don't pay middle of the road QBs that money

Have you ever seen him post in the NHL thread?

Not to mention, watching someone bounce around between two teams as they do well because "Manning brothers!" is ridiculous.
Exactly. If Eli was traded to the Dolphins tomorrow Tabris would jump from the Giants to the Fins. Stupidest thing I've ever heard.

Talon

Woof. Brutal game. Was at my bud's house who's a diehard Bronco fan, so it was pretty rough on him.

What a complete and utter dismantling. That's the most impressive defensive football performance on the biggest stage since the Buccaneers' win over the Raiders, IMO. Props to Seadderall. They brought the wood consistently.

That safety to start the game completely set the tone for Denver. You could tell they were more worried about mitigating mistakes than scoring points, which was a damn shame. A complete egg by the offense. If your defense stares down 3 consecutive red zone attempts in the 1st quarter like that, the offense needs to be able to respond in some way. I was gutted last year around this time; I imagine this is 30x worse.

Anyways, I'm just glad a defensive player won Super Bowl MVP. Offense could've scored 0 points, and they still would've won 16-8.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom