• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread - Who cares who won we got a draft to prepare for!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JABEE

Ladies and Gentlemen, your
Pro
Bowl MVP.

nick_foles.jpg

I really think the Eagles and Foles can be good next season.

LJ11

The broncos were an all time offense on paper only, team had flaws.

Seattle had a legit all time defense, they're one for the history books with the numbers they put up. Up there with the Bucs, Steelers, Ravens in the last 25 years.

Godslay

Banned
I cant hate you. In fact Im really upset you had to watch that.

Contrary to GAF's horseshit, I'm not afraid of losing. The only time I've been afraid of losing the Superbowl was to the Falcons, as they were clearly underdogs. I remember the absolute joy of winning our first SB, so I can't deny it to anyone else. I'm just glad I was alive to witness John get legit back to back.

Well, that game was one big wet fart. Gratz to all the real Hawks fans like cdhybrid and chuckddd, shame on you lame bandwagoners like Mackelmore and Hitokage.

Contrary to GAF's horseshit, I'm not afraid of losing. The only time I've been afraid of losing the Superbowl was to the Falcons, as they were clearly underdogs. I remember the absolute joy of winning our first SB, so I can't deny it to anyone else. I'm just glad I was alive to witness John get legit back to back.

No offense Slay, but that's bullshit.

II feel bad you had to go through that but spare me the not afraid to lose stuff. All season you've been saying the Broncs need to make it to the end, to finish - now all of a sudden you don't care? Come on.

Farooq

Banned
You guys have hatcher too. Not sure where Tuitt fits in the NFL. He's too fucking big now, he kept growing and growing and growing. Seems like a 3 tech but not sure he has the strength to handle the interior. Strange prospect, good coach will find a spot for him though.

Will be easier for teams to trade down if theirs an early run on QBs, that will change the dynamics completely as good talent drops out of the top 5.

Hatcher is gone. This was his last season, and the Cowboys cannot afford to sign him again. I doubt Ware will be back as well, he counts too much against the cap and does not seem willing to take a paycut. Unless the Cowboys want to restructure against future, which they have not really done with Garrett at the helm, but anything is possible with Jerry.

I think Donald would be the perfect 3 tech. He has the size and build of Sapp. Donald is half an inch shorter than Sapp, and Sapp entered the NFL at 285 (Donald's current weight). Marinelli speaks about get off more than size anyway. For Tuitt, I remember early in the off season Marinelli and Kiffin talking about having Hatcher at the 1 and Hatcher is like 6'7 (Ratliff's injury forced Hatcher to the 3). One thing Garrett also likes is versatility. Being able to plug a player into many different positions. I think that is a big plus for Tuitt. I just hope he is there in the second round.

JABEE

The broncos were an all time offense on paper only, team had flaws.

Seattle had a legit all time defense, they're one for the history books with the numbers they put up. Up there with the Bucs, Steelers, Ravens in the last 25 years.

LJ, what do you expect from the Eagles offense next season? Do you think Foles is a special QB or is he going to regress?

Also, yeah, the Seahawks are a real force. Their secondary play is unmatched. They broke up Manning's screen plays with ease. They were also able to get consistent pressure on the Broncos even if they weren't sacking Manning. There was little time for Manning, and the time that he did have was only enough to throw to receivers that were tightly covered.

The running game was non-existent. The Seahawks played an all-around fantastic defensive game.

I really think the Eagles and Foles can be good next season.

Man I hope so but I am so worried about Foles. He did not play well 3 of his last 4 games, and the game he did play well was against the Bears historically bad D. He really needs to step up next year.

Konka

Banned
Man I hope so but I am so worried about Foles. He did not play well 3 of his last 4 games, and the game he did play well was against the Bears historically bad D. He really needs to step up next year.

He needs to know when to get rid of the ball. He took drive crushing sacks in each of those games that he didn't need to.

Tabris

OK, I'm now in the blame phase of post loss depression.

FUCK RAMIREZ. Fuck that entire oline. But most of all, fuck my fucking curse. #cursed

I think that is something that can easily be taught though, I mean it was the guys first year as a starter with a new coach. Being the starter in the off season should really benefit him.

I really hope he is in there every day of the offseason working his ass off to get better. I am so glad they are not allowed to resign him until the end of next season.

Godslay

Banned
No offense Slay, but that's bullshit.

II feel bad you had to go through that but spare me the not afraid to lose stuff. All season you've been saying the Broncs need to make it to the end, to finish - now all of a sudden you don't care? Come on.

They didn't finish the job, and I do care. But what do you want me to say? They didn't do it. I still stand by the fact that I put my nuts on the line and wasn't afraid to get them chopped off (which did happen). I refuse to hate on Seattle, and the Broncos sucked. They earned the win, we didn't, but never was I afraid to lose. Denver had all the right keys pressed to fuel a championship run, but they didn't do it. Life goes on.

I know that Pittsburgh hasn't wallowed in defeat like we have, so the feeling is foreign to you. You can kick the shit out of us, but we don't give up. We will be back again, it's the Bronco way I guess.

OK, I'm now in the blame phase of post loss depression.

FUCK RAMIREZ. Fuck that entire oline. But most of all, fuck my fucking curse. #cursed

If it makes you feel any better, being knocked out in the first round in the NHL will probably be less painful.

Konka

Banned
I really hope he is in there every day of the offseason working his ass off to get better. I am so glad they are not allowed to resign him until the end of next season.

Yeah. I just think he has done nothing but show that he has a great work ethic and I can't picture a scenario where he doesn't do everything to make himself better. I also can't imagine Chip allowing him to do anything less than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom