• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread - Who cares who won we got a draft to prepare for!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MechDX

I'm just going to hold off on assuming they give Wilson $18m/yr. One of these days a smart front office is going to realize you don't pay middle of the road QBs that money

I agree but Im not holding my breathe until I even see a team holding their own in negotiations.

MechDX

Stolen from a Texans message board:

"Man to think we could have had Manning and this could be us getting our ass's kicked"

I chuckled

Godslay

Banned
Godslay I'm being honest when I say Tabris deserves a majority of the shit he gets hurled at him.

And that's coming from me.

As a fellow loser bro, I think I can trust you.

Haha, Godslay, I treated everyone in NHL-age like I treat Pats fans, so it's understandable :)

Combine that attitude + being a fan of the most hated team in NHL and it's a double whammy.

Fly over to North Dakota so I can spank you! Or I will fly over to BC to give you a karma whoopin'. I like you Tabris, I really do, but the greatest victories are the ones that speak for themselves.

Woof. Brutal game. Was at my bud's house who's a diehard Bronco fan, so it was pretty rough on him.

What a complete and utter dismantling. That's the most impressive defensive football performance on the biggest stage since the Buccaneers' win over the Raiders, IMO. Props to Seadderall. They brought the wood consistently.

That safety to start the game completely set the tone for Denver. You could tell they were more worried about mitigating mistakes than scoring points, which was a damn shame. A complete egg by the offense. If your defense stares down 3 consecutive red zone attempts in the 1st quarter like that, the offense needs to be able to respond in some way. I was gutted last year around this time; I imagine this is 30x worse.

FOXBALL

I feel terrible for Foxy. :(

First SB slipped away from him at the last moment and the second the team just didn't show up.

The worst and second-worst ways to lose.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Ugh I just saw this and all I can say is I'm sorry.

This curse will forever stay with me though. :(

BfhRJAGCYAA-jfL.png:large

Tabris

Fly over to North Dakota so I can spank you! Or I will fly over to BC to give you a karma whoopin'. I like you Tabris, I really do, but the greatest victories are the ones that speak for themselves.

Except I'm #cursed and don't have victories to speak for themselves :(

EDIT - Well except 2007 (Colts), 2008 (Giants), 2012 (Giants), and 2013 (Bayern)

But it's been never or way too long for my 2 most important teams - Canucks and Peyton Manning

Haha, Godslay, I treated everyone in NHL-age like I treat Pats fans, so it's understandable :)

Combine that attitude + being a fan of the most hated team in NHL and it's a double whammy.

EDIT - NHL-age also has an issue letting go though and still make a big deal about me posting X/16 for each game we won during Stanley Cup back in 2011 (that's where most of the hate comes from, as I was being arrogant about it)

You are not a Devils fan.

Talon

FOXBALL

I feel terrible for Foxy. :(

First SB slipped away from him at the last moment and the second the team just didn't show up.

The worst and second-worst ways to lose.
I was legit surprised that Fox actually went for 2. Shook my understanding of Foxball to the very core.

JCizzle

Started playing metal gear rising and I'm not getting the insane hype so far. I've played for like 20 minutes and have already come across 5+ QTE. The combat is good I guess, but I'm not really interested in something that just falls back on QTE every single boss

Godslay

Banned

Milchjon

Congrats Seahawks GAF.

Now stop winning, pls.

PS: Did Tabris already announce that he actually only was an Eli fan all along?

Talon

5 years of Rodgers or 10 years of Luck/Wilson? Plus Luck Wilson are on team friendly deals for at least 1 more year.
Wilson doesn't have Aaron Rodgers' or Luck's talent - no two ways about it.

Seattle won because they had a $18 million advantage at QB, using that advantage to bolster depth, and did a phenomenal job at filling the 2nd and 3rd levels of the defense with late picks. It was a team win. I'm tired of this "QB carried the team" horseshit. It's a team game, and that was a team defense that absolutely beat Denver senseless.
He isn't on a team yet but he's been a pro for awhile, so I'll take JFF
You and I are going to have some heated disagreements about McUnderagedrinkey McBitcherson, aren't we?

Wilson doesn't have Aaron Rodgers' or Luck's talent - no two ways about it.

Seattle won because they had a $18 million advantage at QB, using that advantage to bolster depth, and did a phenomenal job at filling the 2nd and 3rd levels of the defense with late picks. It was a team win. I'm tired of this "QB carried the team" horseshit. It's a team game, and that was a team defense that absolutely beat Denver senseless.

You and I are going to have some heated disagreements about McUnderagedrinkey McBitcherson, aren't we?

Who said anything about him carrying his team? The D was totally dominate. All I was saying is he is one of the best young QBs. He has great poise, is very mobile, extremely smart, and has a good arm.

squicken

I don't deny his flaws. I don't think the off field stuff is as big deal as most people make then out to be. Biggest issue will always be his health. He's going to lead the league in jersey sales, I know that

Talon

I don't deny his flaws. I don't think the off field stuff is as big deal as most people make then out to be. Biggest issue will always be his health. He's going to lead the league in jersey sales, I know that
Someone under 6'0" can't possibly lead the league in jersey sales. America loves tall people.

Milchjon

Still, I feel bad for Welker.

But man, he shouldn't have joined a team where him getting a ring would've meant Peyton got one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom