• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread - Who cares who won we got a draft to prepare for!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Penny

both.gif

Sure. Why not add more WR that lack size to the roster and won't help in the redzone.

Since we are on OffSeason officially, BrownsGAF do you think you guys let Alex Mack walk, or does he get signed or Franchised?
Idk, I think we might try and resign him. But honestly not sure if he wants to be here. Doubt we'll franchise him because of the money we'd have to pay. If we franchise anyone I expect it to be Ward. We'll see if we can sign Mack for a reasonable price, if not someone probably will overpay in FA.

Idk, I think we might try and resign him. But honestly not sure if he wants to be here. Doubt we'll franchise him because of the money we'd have to pay. If we franchise anyone I expect it to be Ward. We'll see if we can sign Mack for a reasonable price, if not someone probably will overpay in FA.

I'd love to sign him, but I doubt RM will overpay anybody. We just got out of a Salary mess so we'll see.

Colasante

sure you wanna make that statement after only two yrs?

cause tammy has already seen his last superbowl. he kind of threw his hopes away this yr.

You are talking an inordinate amount of trash considering Andrew Luck just threw four freaking interceptions in a playoff game to, you know, the Patriots that suck oh so much.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Lots of people saw the falcons.

49ers will be next year's falcons

Really? Because the only reason I wouldn't have picked ATL, at least to win the NFC south is because no team has repeated as NFC south champs. Once the injuries started to stockpile, they became below average.

JABEE

sure you wanna make that statement after only two yrs?

cause tammy has already seen his last superbowl. he kind of threw his hopes away this yr.

He did that when he overthrew Wes Welker in the Super Bowl. The nation then went on to blame Welker for not catching a ball Brady threw "too well."

Spinluck

You are talking an inordinate amount of trash considering Andrew Luck just threw four freaking interceptions in a playoff game to, you know, the Patriots that suck oh so much.

ehm, he threw 7 ints in the playoffs this yr! get it right!

and you guys are talking a lot of trash for a qb who can't even throw the ball to anyone.

a qb that actually made us think that denver or the afc had a chance this yr. that is far worse.

He did that when he overthrew Wes Welker in the Super Bowl. The nation then went on to blame Welker for not catching a ball Brady threw "too well."

oh yeah, i forgot about that. i was actually directly referring to the afcc when brady played like complete shit.

i'm pretty sure rex grossman would've made that throw to a wide open welker. tom's ball placement has been shit as of late when not throwing to 6'7 man beast.

Man, I have no love for New England but I felt for Welker when he missed that, and then owned up to it in the press conference like a champ.

Bread

Banned
and you guys are talking a lot of trash for a qb who can't even throw the ball to anyone.

a qb that actually made us think that denver or the afc had a chance this yr. that is far worse.

your team got crushed by the team that got crushed by the team that got crushed by the other team!
alg-robertdowneyjr-jpg.jpg

Syrinx

Kinda sucks that just as football season is ending, the NHL is preparing to go on Olympic break for three weeks or so. It's my only respite until baseball season.

Olympic hockey should still be fun though.

crimzon is the worst person ever in terms of fandoms and what he chooses to follow. I bet he claims himself as a majority Panthers or Seahawks fan next year.

Nothing wrong with rooting for brothers playing QB to do well. I'm happy the young man with the jheri curl won.

I'm not running out to buy a Seahawks pennant mind you.

jakncoke

Banned
Nothing wrong with rooting for brothers playing QB to do well. I'm happy the young man with the jheri curl won.

I'm not running out to buy a Seahawks pennant mind you.

Wanting black qbs do well is one thing, what crimzon does it quite another thing. That team jumping canadian. Also black qbs was only 1 of like 6 things he listed off! Anyone that aligns or befriends crimzon should set their dick/cooch on FIRE!

Colasante

The offseason is so exciting. I can't wait for free agency and the draft. The Patriots' first order of business this offseason needs to be extending Devin McCourty and Stephen Gostkowski and cutting Isaac Sopoaga, Adrian Wilson, and Dan Connolly. They'll get a couple extra million in cap space with those moves. Then, hopefully, some of Aaron Hernandez's cap hit can be reduced as well.

cdyhybrid

CDY is the king of Seahawks GAF!

Music was amazing and some of the shots were absolutly beautiful. Scenery was so beautiful as well, always wanted to visit Iceland for that reason.

Naw, I'm not king. I vote for Blackace and Hito because they have mod powers. We're just a merry band of people.

I thought Baldwin was severely under-appreciated this season. I'm going to be sad if Seattle loses him.

I love Baldwin. Really hope we don't lose him.

Russell Wilson is on track for a rape allegation this off-season! Follow in them footsteps baby.

Wilson is a man of God and would never do such a thing. He'll spend the offseason rescuing puppies from burning buildings with Tebow.

Jayhawk

With Marvin Harrison not being voted into the hall of fame on the 1st ballot, where does NFL-GAF think he belongs in the conversation of best WRs in history? Obviously, Jerry Rice is GOAT. I could see Harrison being in the conversation for top 5.

Spinluck

Crazy that they were able to learn Mannings hand signals for his audibles.

“All we did was play situational football,” Sherman says. “We knew what route concepts they liked on different downs, so we jumped all the routes. Then we figured out the hand signals for a few of the route audibles in the first half.”

He demonstrates the signs Manning used for various routes, and says he and his teammates were calling out plays throughout the game and getting them right. “Me, Earl [Thomas], Kam [Chancellor]… we’re not just three All-Pro players. We’re three All-Pro minds,” Sherman says. “Now, if Peyton had thrown in some double moves, if he had gone out of character, we could’ve been exposed.”]

goddamn..

this is one thing that has always irked me about peypey. he can call his checks, audibles, and adjustments and whatnot. but the offense stays the same.

i remember some defensive players saying they sometimes can guess or even decipher what peyton is gonna do or call. but his execution is usually always spot on and he gets it done regardless. this wasn't the case last night.

it's amazing what you can do when you use your brain and knowledge to your advantage.. instead of stealing signals with cameras and recording walkthrough practices. enjoy this win hawks fans, you deserve it. the 9ers vs hawks rivalry will be one to watch for a while.

You'd think Manning would be able to mix it up

i don't think he trusted his line to hold up, he was shook all night. when you can constantly pressure pocket passers like peypey or tammy without having to blitz- they are fucked and play out of their element. the same can be said for most qb's, but at least guys like ben, rodgers, russ, kap (he's mainly a run first guy), luck, and cam can run away from the pressure and buy time but not these guys.

With Marvin Harrison not being voted into the hall of fame on the 1st ballot, where does NFL-GAF think he belongs in the conversation of best WRs in history? Obviously, Jerry Rice is GOAT. I could see Harrison being in the conversation for top 5.

Do you think Harrison gets in next year above Tim Brown?

Also, to tie into Jayhawk's question, does Tim Brown crack Top 5? He was a great WR that didn't have a good QB for the majority of his career.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom