• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread - Who cares who won we got a draft to prepare for!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whole city is in a depressive funk...time to move on guys.
The city of Denver just needs to understand that we have had a terrible track record for Super Bowls. We just can't help ourselves.

I wasn't alive to see the 49ers dismantle us. I can only assume that the feeling was quite the same back then.

Per source, former Minnesota Vikings defensive backs coach Joe Woods will join the Oakland Raiders staff. Here is our story on Woods. Per a different source, former Detroit Lions defensive backs coach Marcus Robertson will also join the Raiders staff. Robertson will serve as the assistant defensive backs coach.

The Raiders have now filled their vacant coaching positions.

jakncoke

Banned
The 50 bags of heroin found in the West Village apartment where Philip Seymour Hoffman died with a needle in his arm are a brand local junkies know all too well, sources said Monday.
Stamped “Ace of Spades” or “Ace of Hearts,” it’s heroin cut with a powerful pain reliever called fentanyl and “it’s definitely in demand,” said a longtime heroin addict.

This type of heroin is killing so many in the northeast lately

Kiryu

lol holy shit

seahawkslombardi.gif
PERFECT! It's funny that Malcolm Smith is Super Bowl MVP which he got that ball from Peyton Manning gif.

Oh and...

Russell Wilson - 1 SB win

Colin Kaepernick - 1 SB lose

Akim

Banned
Ah man, I had a good time watching that game. I can't wait for the parade. I still can't believe it. Never thought I'd be able to watch the Seahawks win a Super Bowl with my pops. Feels good man.

I just realized we've lost to the eventual SB winners in the playoffs the last three years in a row.

At least we lose to winners *cuts wrists*.

jakncoke

Banned
I just realized we've lost to the eventual SB winners in the playoffs the last three years in a row.

At least we lose to winners *cuts wrists*.

Just think if you lose in the conference championships next year you will have completed your journey on becoming the Eagles

Spinluck

PERFECT! It's funny that Malcolm Smith is Super Bowl MVP which he got that ball from Peyton Manning gif.

Oh and...

Russell Wilson - 1 SB win

Colin Kaepernick - 1 SB lose

i don't think there was ever a debate who was better between wilson and kap. but the ravens of last year would've probably fared much better than the broncos yesterday. they were fucking slinging it that year in the post season, and i'm not talking about little 5-10yds passes.

squicken

I missed this, but Wow. lol Schwartz. From MMQB

“Suh was uncontrollable. He would constantly do things to show his power over Jim Schwartz, whether it was showing up to team meetings late or whatever it may be. Three different people [told me] the same story, about antics Suh would do just to show his dominance over a head coach … It was more or less Suh just trying to show his dominance, his power—that he was basically untouchable and he could basically do what he wanted to do.”

—Former NFL player Heath Evans, in an interview with Detroit radio station 105.1 FM, causing the Lions to issue a spate of denials, and sources to tell Pro Football Talk that Evans was dead on.

Farooq

Banned
I thought Stephon Tuitt was graded for the second round. Looks like he has a first round grade.

Changed my hopes for Dallas' draft. I guess I will have to hope Dallas drafts DT Will Sutton in the second. I also wouldn't be mad if they drafted OG Cyril Richardson in the second as well. Of course this is all preliminary considering there is still the combine that may adjust certain grades. The Cowboys won't have much room to pick up players in free agency after they restructure a couple contracts. So they really need to hit in the first 3 rounds so they can continue their streak of mediocrity.

Preliminary hopes for Dallas' draft is as follows(slight change to what I wrote already) :

1st: Either DT Aaron Donald or DE Kony Ealy. A perfect scenario for me would be Dallas trading down for an extra 2nd/3rd and picking up Donald.

2nd: Either DT Will Sutton or OG Cyril Richardson.

3rd: Either OG Dakota Dozier (I hope he is there in the 3rd), or DE Marcus Smith.

Other players of note: DE Trent Murphy (2nd), and DE Jackson Jeffcoat (2nd). If my hopes for Dallas' draft are met , I can sleep easy knowing another 8-8 season is a real possibility.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
I need someone to make a banner for the NFL-GAF Prison. Anyhoo, let's get this bad boy started!

Here's our initial plot o' land. I went ahead and used the Planning tool to sketch out the start of our prison facility. Our initial crew of construction workers and materials are also arriving. I also took a bunch of grants to boost our initial funds.

To help speed things up a bit I hire 2 more workers to add to our crew.

A few workers start clearing out trees...

...as other workers unload material from the trucks.

Initial construction begins.

Construction will take several days, so I close out prisoner intake so that we won't get any prisoners transported over before we're ready.

Construction continues on the building foundations as steel and concrete get laid down:

Foundations completed!

The next post will go into utility installation and internal construction, then we welcome our initial NFL-GAF inmates.

Just think Ryan Tannehill is already 4th all time in Dolphins history in passing yards , 5th in tds, has a hot wife, only 25! :kas

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/02/03/super-bowl-ratings-3/

Looks like the most watched SB at least in the 1st half, im sure 2nd half seen 40% drop off at least

He's already the 3rd greatest qb to play for the dolphins! Once brady and manning retire he might even be able to sub in for a pro bowl!

squicken

The younger QB is 11-2 in last 13 SBs. Before that, just 12-20 (.375). Not sure what to do with that. Elite QBs means playoffs are a lock, but ceiling limited? Just small sample size noise?

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Part 1 of NFL-GAF Prison. This post is part 2.

Power generator and water pump installation is next.

Workers start installing water mains and power cables throughout the buildings, as well as disposing of garbage gathered from the construction effort.

Pipe and cable installation continues into the night.

Day 2. The fence for the yard area goes up the next morning.

Doors and light fixtures come in for installation.

Workers install the lights and connect them to the power grid.

A quick peek at our utility infrastructure.

Well, shit. As more lights get installed the power grid gets overloaded and everything shuts down.

I triple our power capacitor count so we have 6 total then bring the power back up.

With the utility infrastructure done, workers move on to building the interior walls and installing of equipment.

Day 2 comes to an end as kitchen equipment gets connected to the power lines, and smaller pipes are installed to connect the appliances to the water main.

Construction continues into Day 3. Shower heads and drains get installed in our initial cell block.

I start designating rooms.

The prison's main entrance opens to a narrow hallway with two sets of jail doors (meaning they need a guard to open). I'll be installing a metal detector here eventually.

There's a large holding cell for prisoners to wait in until their individual cell rooms are available with a shower right next to it. The blank room next to it will be a security room once I have the research for it unlocked.

The family visitation room is next to it, and still needs tables and seats installed. The big room next to it will be the laundry room once I get prison labor researched.

The crew gets the offices filled out. These will eventually be used by our warden, security chief, foreman, and accountant. The staff breakroom is to the left, next to the kitchen.

Middle of Day 3, our first staff hire is the prison warden, who we get started researching Security right away so we can eventually unlock the security chief.

Day 4 begins. We hire our first two cooks for the kitchen, who then proceed to stock up the fridge and prep for the first morning meal. We also take the opportunity to set up a daily regime for the prison. I set things so there's only 2 meals a day!

We then hire our first two guards to fulfill the terms of our first grant contract. We'll be getting our first batch of prisoners in the morning. Also note how filthy all the floors are due to all the construction. It won't get clean until we can either hire a cleaning staff or unlock prison labor.

In the next post we'll introduce our first inmates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom