• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread - Who cares who won we got a draft to prepare for!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syrinx

It's draft preparation time!

I think I've decided that the Bucs are going to trade down. Draft is pretty deep in terms of what they need (WR, pass rushers, TE, O-line depth), and the third-rounder they traded to the Jets in the Revis trade is kinda biting them in the ass. Trade down and get more picks. Maybe to somebody like the Giants if Greg Robinson or Jake Matthews is still available.

LJ, what's your opinion of Kony Ealy?

Tabris

I don't feel better the next day. This blows.

There's something unhealthy about being this emotionally devastated by my team not winning the Superbowl.

mkenyon

Banned
I don't feel better the next day. This blows.

There's something unhealthy about being this emotionally devastated by my team not winning the Superbowl.
I know that feel man, I really do.

Honestly, before the game, I even thought to myself that a loss wouldn't be as devastating coming from a class act team like the Broncos with Manning at the helm. Add to the fact that Colorado and the Pac NW share a lot of culture/vibes, and it makes it even better.

I'm sad for you guys that it wasn't a closer game, but I'm also happy that our Defense was able to showcase how good they are.

Here's hoping for an awesome revenge match next year.

jakncoke

Banned
Yeah I dont get it. I thought it was all regulars talking about their disgusting cheating. No idea who would be a troll.

Jabee post and others wasnt any different than whats been posted since spy-gate was outed, so im not sure why Dragon all of sudden had a meltdown. There has to come a point where you dont care what people think on a certain subject and move on.

Congrats to the King of Seahawks-GAF ShaneB and the rest of them! That was the most dominant Super Bowl performance I've ever seen.

That said, back to the Community sanctuary. Was a headache searching through the tripe for the good posters last night.

Bread

Banned
I am 100% the opposite of a bandwagoner. I stand by the Mannings through thick and thin, and have never wavered in my fandom.
bandwagoning a person is different from bandwagoning a team

were you a fan of peyton before he was good? no? you waited until he was the first pick in the draft.

JABEE

I thought Dragon was banned like a month ago.

He came back like two days before the Super Bowl. He just went crazy at my post. I don't even know why he got banned. It wasn't that big of a deal to me. He just went off in the biggest NFL thread of the year in OT.

JABEE

were you a fan of peyton before he was good? no? you waited until he was the first pick in the draft.

Peyton was a star player in College too. That's why he was picked 1st overall.

He came back like two days before the Super Bowl. He just went crazy at my post. I don't even know why he got banned. It wasn't that big of a deal to me. He just went off in the biggest NFL thread of the year in OT.

If that post was made here in Community, we all just laugh it off and move on.

He knew that they don't play that in the OT though.

Bread

Banned
lol i must have missed this

Yankeehater mostly
You cant be serious. I have been 100% consistent with my feelings towards the Pats cheating. No idea why he decided to blow up this time, but I wasnt trolling at all. I never post shit just to get a rise out of people, I hate that kind of posting.

Jabee post and others wasnt any different than whats been posted since spy-gate was outed, so im not sure why Dragon all of sudden had a meltdown. There has to come a point where you dont care what people think on a certain subject and move on.

If he cant handle people talking about cheating then he needs to move on. It isnt going to go away, and every year that they fail to win without the cameras it will only get worse.

Sanjuro

Peyton was a star player in College too. That's why he was picked 1st overall.

I remember an argument with someone on here telling me that Peyton wasn't a lock at the time for 1st pick. That is also someone who never watched him in college.

Also, I don't watch college sports and I knew the guy was the greatest thing since Drew Bledsoe.

Honestly, there were a few other years in the 2000s that both the Steelers and Ravens had that we're amazing. 2006 we were really good too, and I don't remember which years for Pit, but they definitely happened.

Yeah, '04, '08 and '11 were number 1 years ranking wise for the Steelers D with '08 of course getting the rep cause they won it all, but honestly, I never had complete warm and fuzzies over those Ds. They had solid teams with a few stand out guys like Porter and Harrison, but to me, they didn't have the same kind of dominance that the 70s guys had.

Syrinx

I remember an argument with someone on here telling me that Peyton wasn't a lock at the time for 1st pick. That is also someone who never watched him in college.

Also, I don't watch college sports and I knew the guy was the greatest thing since Drew Bledsoe.

IIRC, come draft time it was pretty much decided that the Colts were taking Manning, but before that, there was some debate about whether they'd take Ryan Leaf instead.

Bread

Banned
Never knew he was such a bitch. Who could go off on kave like that??
smh that post was terrible, i know he's frustrated but shit that's immature as fuck. hopefully the broncos never make the playoffs again so we never see him post in here.
jk slay

The best guys to troll are guys with clear anger issues. dragon is one of those guys.

Tabris

The Tabris team story: I started watching football 9 years ago (don't blame me for this, I'm Canadian, it doesn't come naturally to watch football).

I was memorized by one man, this guy (isn't he dreamy?)...

peyton_manning_biography_3.jpg

and I decided that's my team... and thus a hate began for this guy (isn't he ugly) as he was trying to bring dreamy Peyton down...

tom-brady-crying.jpg

When I found out there was a brother and he was championing this amazing beat the shit out of you hard nosed team and that he was on a collision course with the enemy for Superbowl, this team became my second team (even though no one else I knew believed in them):

eli-manning-super-bowl-xlii.jpg

Then in 2012, when Irsay kicked Peyton out, and Peyton decided to move on to the Broncos, I followed him:

_59225452_59225451.jpg

Narag

smh that post was terrible, i know he's frustrated but shit that's immature as fuck. hopefully the broncos never make the playoffs again so we never see him post in here.
jk slay

It'll be the same kind of albatross around his neck like brandnew's listening party, jnc's jnq, or gata's not-so-secret jags fandom

Naah Graverobber is good people despite our NFL beef.

ball salt don't lie

Bread

Banned
are you parodying yourself now?

you start watching the best qb in the league 9 years ago and brag about how you've stood by him through thick and thin...

Sanjuro

IIRC, come draft time it was pretty much decided that the Colts were taking Manning, but before that, there was some debate about whether they'd take Ryan Leaf instead.

Not at all. It wasn't anything different from Luck/Redskins Hurt QB whatever his name is.

The media needed something to talk about, so they would introduce the Berman: BUTBUT what if..." scenario.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom