• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread - Who cares who won we got a draft to prepare for!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bread

Banned
So even when Tom Brady and the Cheatriots were winning Superbowls, Peyton was still the best QB in the league? Thanks!
yes he was, not sure i ever would have argued that.

once brady touched those 3 trophies, their powers transformed him into an international sensation. then he became the best qb in the history of the league. sadly when peyton touched his lonely championship trophy, his forehead just upgraded to a fivehead.

Syrinx

Not at all. It wasn't anything different from Luck/Redskins Hurt QB whatever his name is.

The media needed something to talk about, so they would introduce the Berman: BUTBUT what if..." scenario.

You're probably right.

I remember there was some ESPN or NFL Network countdown thing I was watching about biggest draft busts, and somebody told a story (don't know if it was true, but seeing how Leaf turned out I don't doubt it) that the Colts asked both Manning and Leaf during the combine or whenever what they'd do if the Colts made them the 1st overall pick, and Leaf's answer was that he'd go to Vegas. If their minds weren't already fully made up before that, that probably sealed it.

Tabris

yes he was, not sure i ever would have argued that.

once brady touched those 3 trophies, their powers transformed him into an international sensation. then he became the best qb in the history of the league. sadly when peyton touched his lonely championship trophy, his forehead just upgraded to a fivehead.

2005 is after his 3 trophies* (that asterisk isn't big enough to illustrate how much that should be asterisk'd).

EDIT - I was about to post a large image of an asterisk but I don't have the heart to be mean to Pats fans right now.

The Tabris team story: I started watching football 9 years ago (don't blame me for this, I'm Canadian, it doesn't come naturally to watch football).

I was memorized by one man, this guy (isn't he dreamy?)...

peyton_manning_biography_3.jpg

and I decided that's my team... and thus a hate began for this guy (isn't he ugly) as he was trying to bring dreamy Peyton down...

tom-brady-crying.jpg

When I found out there was a brother and he was championing this amazing beat the shit out of you hard nosed team and that he was on a collision course with the enemy for Superbowl, this team became my second team (even though no one else I knew believed in them):

eli-manning-super-bowl-xlii.jpg

Then in 2012, when Irsay kicked Peyton out, and Peyton decided to move on to the Broncos, I followed him:

_59225452_59225451.jpg

So when did you decide to give up on your Ravens fandom and decide to claim this Manning only story?

Flacco with nothing would be embarrassing. You guys had a poor as piss gameplan and allowed him to throw to some of the better wideouts in the game.

At least we got to watch Kap fail four passing attempts from the four yard line!

Just start already baseball.

You're probably right.

I remember there was some ESPN or NFL Network countdown thing I was watching about biggest draft busts, and somebody told a story (don't know if it was true, but seeing how Leaf turned out I don't doubt it) that the Colts asked both Manning and Leaf during the combine or whenever what they'd do if the Colts made them the 1st overall pick, and Leaf's answer was that he'd go to Vegas. If their minds weren't already fully made up before that, that probably sealed it.

Bill Polian on Mike and Mike last week said that the Colts had a meeting set up with Leaf and he blew it off to make sure they didnt draft him.

squicken

The Broncos did not expect the crowd noise to be a factor, since the game was being played at a neutral field. Coach John Fox, who took the Panthers to Super Bowl XXXVIII against the Patriots, and offensive coordinator Adam Gase underestimated the crowd noise to start the game. That was a critical error.

“That’s the way the start of any Super Bowl is: It’s going to be loud,” said receiver Wes Welker, who was playing in his third Super Bowl. “The fans are going to be yelling. They don’t really know why they’re yelling—it’s just the start of the Super Bowl. We didn’t prepare very well for that, and it showed.”

http://mmqb.si.com/2014/02/03/super-bowl-48-what-went-wrong-for-denver-broncos/

turble

ShaneB

Congrats to the King of Seahawks-GAF ShaneB and the rest of them! That was the most dominant Super Bowl performance I've ever seen.

That said, back to the Community sanctuary. Was a headache searching through the tripe for the good posters last night.

Thanks! But I'm no King of Seahawks-gaf, that goes to the long timers who have been following the team for a while, and for the people who have been watching them since 76.
unless you're being sarcastic too, which is likely!

Bread

Banned
"The Failure Was Total
It was another big-game loss for Peyton Manning, but the blame for the Broncos’ 43-8 Super Bowl humiliation extends across the board, to every aspect of the team’s performance: coaching, preparation and execution"

it's the most
wonderful time
of the year

squicken

From the earlier link. Good post by Bedard. Nothing really unknown, other than the KJ Wright thing on Julius Thomas

The kind of coverage the Seahawks were playing—and they changed up looks from Cover 1 robber (man under one deep safety, other safety as a robber) to two man (two deep safeties) to Cover 3 (two cornerbacks and one safety split deep in thirds across the field) and two deep, five under (zone across underneath two deep safeties) – can be beaten with vertical routes. That was the issue for the Broncos and why this matchup favored the Seahawks: Denver isn’t a deep-route team, because Manning doesn’t have the same arm strength after four neck surgeries, and you need time in the pocket for those routes to develop against the physical coverage used by the Seahawks. Manning didn’t come close to receiving an adequate amount of time in the pocket.

Isn't that Crimzonflame? He also has a thing for Vick if memory serves.

Tabris was also a Ravens fan at first, something about how they rivaled the Pats the most in the AFC and thus he was a fan.

But whatever.

Unrelated: Saw the Secret Life of Walter Mitty yesterday before the SB. Was amazing, so much better than I expected it to be. First time I really like a Ben Stiller movie

crimzon is the worst person ever in terms of fandoms and what he chooses to follow. I bet he claims himself as a majority Panthers or Seahawks fan next year.

He is a fan of the:
Panthers
Seahawks
9ers
What ever team signs Vick
Raiders if Pryor is their QB
Who ever drafts Teddy
Bills
Browns if Jcamp is the starter
Jets
Skins

Bread

Banned
Saw the Secret Life of Walter Mitty yesterday before the SB. Was amazing, so much better than I expected it to be. First time I really like a Ben Stiller movie
dude so good

beautiful movie with some really great music, loved it. definitely has to be seen in theaters.

Sanjuro

Tabris was also a Ravens fan at first, something about how they rivaled the Pats the most in the AFC and thus he was a fan.

But whatever.

Unrelated: Saw the Secret Life of Walter Mitty yesterday before the SB. Was amazing, so much better than I expected it to be. First time I really like a Ben Stiller movie

You hated Tropic Thunder? Monster.

Thanks! But I'm no King of Seahawks-gaf, that goes to the long timers who have been following the team for a while, and for the people who have been watching them since 76.
unless you're being sarcastic too, which is likely!

CDY is the king of Seahawks GAF!

dude so good

beautiful movie with some really great music, loved it. definitely has to be seen in theaters.

Music was amazing and some of the shots were absolutly beautiful. Scenery was so beautiful as well, always wanted to visit Iceland for that reason.

Alright, who wants:

Doug Baldwin
Golden Tate
Michael Bennett (reportedly being re-signed, but nothing confirmed yet)
Brandon Browner
Tarvaris Jackson
Walter Thurmond

I could see us bringing in Jackson to compete against Freeman, and McGloin (Pryor might compete or just get traded for more picks)

I didn't follow Baldwin's play all that much, how was he throughout the season. He had some nice plays, from what I saw.

And maybe Browner or Thurmond depending on who is cheapest.

rObit

Banned
I could see us bringing in Jackson to compete against Freeman, and McGloin (Pryor might compete or just get traded for more picks)

I didn't follow Baldwin's play all that much, how was he throughout the season. He had some nice plays, from what I saw.

And maybe Browner or Thurmond depending on who is cheapest.

I thought Baldwin was severely under-appreciated this season. I'm going to be sad if Seattle loses him.

Spinluck

Peyton: 0-2 since spygate, , 0-2 when not playing Rex Grossman.

so gata, would you say peyton choked yesterday?

they all collectively played like shit, but holy shit, i've never seen peypey get completely shut down outside of maybe 3-4 games.

i honestly think there are not many pure 100% drop back pocket passers that would've won that game the way seahawks were playing. they were able to get pressure with 3 to 4 man fronts. and peyton didn't have a clean pocket all game aside from a few plays (he had a clean pocket all throughout the playoffs). he did seem to do well against the blitz which isn't much, they also ALWAYS had eyes on the check down which many teams never shadowed. my statement is further backed by the fact that 2 of the 3 teams seattle lost to this year had mobile qb's who can alleviate pressure by getting outside the pocket and just avoid guys or just run the fuck out of there (kap).

i remember the colts game (regular season =/= playoffs i know) luck couldn't get shit underneath early on. and then he started to say fuck it go deep and started taking shots. to beat this hawk's defense you gotta take shots because of how fucking aggressive they are, dink and dunk won't do shit with how strong, big, and fast they are. they will let you have those sissy yards. i feel like the hawks dared peyton to throw deep all game, and they felt that he coulnd't beat him that way. hell, for luck to beat him, he had to throw perfect deep balls- and buy time for himself on some crucial plays. i honestly don't know how the fuck the cards beat them, but i can't see peyton doing any of those things.

btw peyton is 1-2 since spygate, i think this confirms you just started following the pats 3yrs ago.

eli winning counts as a victory for him!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom