• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread - Who cares who won we got a draft to prepare for!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greg

Our friendship is over.

What'd you end up doing for your birthday my man!!
my friends are dumbasses and can't get along, so one group took me out for late lunch/drinks

waiting for my brother and sister-in-law to get here to eat some pizza and cake, and then I'm going out with the other group of friends in an hour or so for who knows what

Am I crazy or is the narrative about how bad Peyton played wrong to anyone else? I don't think he was that bad. The o-line, defense and special teams lost that game

His numbers got massively inflated because he threw checkdowns on like 80% of his passes. He threw like four 3rd down passes short of the first down.

rando14

my friends are dumbasses and can't get along, so one group took me out for late lunch/drinks

waiting for my brother and sister-in-law to get here to eat some pizza and cake, and then I'm going out with the other group of friends in an hour or so for who knows what

That's awesome!! Now you tell me something Greg, you tell me, are you going to get wings again? How many days in a row could you eat wings in a row!!

MRSA

Banned
aL8JQt0.jpg

Simpsons prophecy

Nori Chan

Who is gonna win the Johnny Football sweepstakes?

If the Browns do it, I won't make fun of them and I will even watch a few of their games. But then again, it's the browns, so they'll probably fuck it up.

also glad youre back from your ban konka hope your ok

Nori Chan

I'll likely push your DOB back a bit. Only gata will be younger than 18.

As for beard, I have a few options for that.
I want in on this as well

Name: Noriega or Nori Chan. Whichever these guys want it to be.
Bio: let these assholes decide
DoB: 10/11/91
Body: skinny/brown

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
I want in on this as well

Name: Noriega or Nori Chan. Whichever these guys want it to be.
Bio: let these assholes decide
DoB: 10/11/91
Body: skinny/brown

- In the slammer for pet cruelty. Has an irrational distaste for kittens, the color gray and Canada.

MechDX

Cleveland hires Kyle Shanahan, and he's a big Matt Schaub fan. Sounds like it's your lucky day, Browns fans!

--via Twitter

The QB Kave deserves.

Cleveland hires Kyle Shanahan, and he's a big Matt Schaub fan. Sounds like it's your lucky day, Browns fans!

--via Twitter

The QB Kave deserves.

Schoob goes to the Browns
Browns go 11-5 and get to the AFCCG
Browns beat Texans and JFF in the AFCCG, Schoob has 300 YDs, 3 TD, no picks

It's destiny

ShaneB

I wrote this earlier, and have been going over and over debating with myself on sharing it, but I figure it's all good to just get it out.

As I’ve told a few people, I planned on writing a longer post containing my thoughts and feelings as it pertains to this team and the season that just ended.

I honestly don’t know how I feel. I was claimed a bandwagoner at the start of the season, and now it feels like that a little. It doesn’t feel like I earned this from any long years of suffering. A big part of following the Seahawks was that they never had won a championship, and that mystique is now gone, the chase always seems more fun than the catch maybe, and I honestly had no idea they would be such a dominate team at the start of the season as I really didn’t follow any preseason hype. I prided myself on my love of defence, and I’ve fallen in love with that about the Seahawks, but my favourite games of the year are always going to be the ones where the threat of losing makes it nerve-racking. Or like most people, the idea of David vs Goliath, and in this case, the Seahawks were often Goliath, so I enjoyed when teams would put up a big fight when not expected. So maybe this post game feeling is more to do with the fact that 'The Big Game', just felt so anticlimactic.

The victory makes me so happy for the long time Seahawks fans (not going to name drop as I know I’ll forget some of you folks), and you all deserve to be so happy because of how long you’ve been waiting, but as for myself, as I mentioned while talking to Greg last night, while watching the Super Bowl, I just felt emotionless throughout. I never really cheered, never was excited or overjoyed with anything, It all felt very ho hum.

Am I embarrassed and feeling like I should be revoking my Seahawks fan card? A little I guess to be honest, but here I am at work with my Seahawks toque on and feeling proud too, but it doesn’t feel like it should, and that makes me sad =( I feel like the third stringer who is on the team, but just barely, and would move to another team to try and get his chance at making a difference. (figure that analogy works)

But here now at night after thinking about it all day, now relaxing with my Seahawks hoodie on, and having watched some of the highlights and seeing the analysis of the defence.... I LOVE THIS TEAM! I love this defence. I am glad as hell someone on the defence got the MVP, a linebacker like Malcolm Smith, just stepping up on the biggest stage and showing off the depth of the defence. Love with all the rule changes and NFL's continuing to make it an offence heavy league, a big time defence is what the story is still all about. Love it! My favourite games are going to be those low scoring battles, and while last night the score was insane, it was the defence that made big plays. I certainly hope this molds other teams to get into gear for some future defensive battles that will make me very happy!

I'm just glad NFL-GAF has been wonderful all season and it's been a great time getting to know everyone and I'll try to keep up in the offseason unless the NHL threads take me away :p I'm sure I am rambling now, so I'll leave it there for now. Thanks for reading all this if you did :)

Konka

Banned
I wrote this earlier, and have been going over and over debating with myself on sharing it, but I figure it's all good to just get it out.

As I’ve told a few people, I planned on writing a longer post containing my thoughts and feelings as it pertains to this team and the season that just ended.

I honestly don’t know how I feel. I was claimed a bandwagoner at the start of the season, and now it feels like that a little. It doesn’t feel like I earned this from any long years of suffering. A big part of following the Seahawks was that they never had won a championship, and that mystique is now gone, the chase always seems more fun than the catch maybe, and I honestly had no idea they would be such a dominate team at the start of the season as I really didn’t follow any preseason hype. I prided myself on my love of defence, and I’ve fallen in love with that about the Seahawks, but my favourite games of the year are always going to be the ones where the threat of losing makes it nerve-racking. Or like most people, the idea of David vs Goliath, and in this case, the Seahawks were often Goliath, so I enjoyed when teams would put up a big fight when not expected. So maybe this post game feeling is more to do with the fact that 'The Big Game', just felt so anticlimactic.

The victory makes me so happy for the long time Seahawks fans (not going to name drop as I know I’ll forget some of you folks), and you all deserve to be so happy because of how long you’ve been waiting, but as for myself, as I mentioned while talking to Greg last night, while watching the Super Bowl, I just felt emotionless throughout. I never really cheered, never was excited or overjoyed with anything, It all felt very ho hum.

Am I embarrassed and feeling like I should be revoking my Seahawks fan card? A little I guess to be honest, but here I am at work with my Seahawks toque on and feeling proud too, but it doesn’t feel like it should, and that makes me sad =( I feel like the third stringer who is on the team, but just barely, and would move to another team to try and get his chance at making a difference. (figure that analogy works)

But here now at night after thinking about it all day, now relaxing with my Seahawks hoodie on, and having watched some of the highlights and seeing the analysis of the defence.... I LOVE THIS TEAM! I love this defence. I am glad as hell someone on the defence got the ball, a linebacker like Malcolm Smith, just stepping up on the biggest stage and showing off the depth of the defence. Love with all the rule changes and NFL's continuing to make it an offence heavy league, a big time defence is what the story is still all about. Love it! My favourite games are going to be those low scoring battles, and while last night the score was insane, it was the defence that made big plays. I certainly hope this molds other teams to get into gear for some future defensive battles that will make me very happy!

I'm just glad NFL-GAF has been wonderful all season and it's been a great time getting to know everyone and I'll try to keep up in the offseason unless the NHL threads take me away :p I'm sure I am rambling now, so I'll leave it there for now. Thanks for reading all this if you did :)

You just need to endure some total shit seasons and you'll gain appreciation.

rando14

But here now at night after thinking about it all day, now relaxing with my Seahawks hoodie on, and having watched some of the highlights and seeing the analysis of the defence.... I LOVE THIS TEAM! I love this defence. I am glad as hell someone on the defence got the ball, a linebacker like Malcolm Smith, just stepping up on the biggest stage and showing off the depth of the defence. Love with all the rule changes and NFL's continuing to make it an offence heavy league, a big time defence is what the story is still all about. Love it! My favourite games are going to be those low scoring battles, and while last night the score was insane, it was the defence that made big plays. I certainly hope this molds other teams to get into gear for some future defensive battles that will make me very happy!

<3

ShaneB

You just need to endure some total shit seasons and you'll gain appreciation.

Yup. Been there for a while I suppose with the Blue Jays, and the Raptors too I suppose, and a few hockey teams as well I guess, and definitely the Capitals. So I'm familiar with dealing with shit seasons, the Seahawks will continue to have their ups and downs, and a season can change so quickly in the NFL, so I'll appreciate every game in any case.

You know I love ya rando!

Everyone starts somewhere so just as long as you don't Squicken you're good.

lol, I'm a Seahawker moving forward and that's it!!!!!

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Vegas has the Lions at 33 to 1 odds to win the Superbowl next season:

Bovada, a leading online bookmaker, lists the Lions at 33-to-1 to win Super Bowl XLIX in Arizona.

The Seattle Seahawks lead the way, pegged at 9-to-2 to repeat, followed by the San Francisco 49ers (15-to-2) and Denver Broncos (8-to-1). The Jacksonville Jaguars are the longest shot at 100-to-1.

Rest of the list at the link:

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2014/02/detroit_lions_listed_at_33-to-.html

Congrats to rando, cyd, Blackace, Hitokage, ShaneB and the rest of SeahawksGAF on this years Superbowl.

Zee-Row

Banned
If the Buccaneers ever let Nike go crazy with their uniform designs they should do something like this. (Not my designs) Combines the old with the new. I think it would look sick!

i6uhKJA_zpsb3989847.png

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

Maaan fuck you Shane. Got me all salty cause you have zero suffering compared to me as a new fan.

I hate you forever! <3

ShaneB

Maaan fuck you Shane. Got me all salty cause you have zero suffering compared to me as a new fan.

I hate you forever! <3

I've suffered with other teams :( But it's probably why I tend to stay casual often too, life is too hectic enough to bring it down because of sports woes. But those highs sure help too when they happen. I need to get out to toronto meet up sometime just so I can give you a hug.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
The hell is Atlanta doing so high? I know they had injuries but they're old as fuck.

Matt Ryan, despite having a bad season, is still a solid, young QB. There defense is pretty bad, but when you have a solid QB you always have a chance. I think he'll be due for a comeback season.

I'm surprised the Cardinals and Chiefs have such high odds. Cardinals will never do anything with Palmer at QB, and I really don't see the Chiefs going anywhere with Alexis. Also the odds will obviously change because they have the Broncos so high, but lets see if Peyton returns, and what shape he'll be in.

Also happy birthday Greg!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom