• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread - Who cares who won we got a draft to prepare for!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
dS7XR.jpg

lol
:jnc

From the National Football Post, Matt Schaub to the Raiders?

"Just some scuttlebutt, but if (when?) the Houston Texans release Matt Schaub, the Raiders could be among the teams interested in the quarterback. Schematically, it isn’t a great fit, and Schaub is more a “systems” guy, but it’s said he has some fans in the organization and would be a stabilizing factor."
http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/NFP-Sunday-Blitz-7757.html
Ghost of Al Davis strikes again!

"Just some scuttlebutt, but if (when?) the Houston Texans release Matt Schaub, the Raiders could be among the teams interested in the quarterback. Schematically, it isn’t a great fit, and Schaub is more a “systems” guy, but it’s said he has some fans in the organization and would be a stabilizing factor."

That's true, it would guarantee the raiders keep sucking

MechDX

ohyesloki.gif

Name: Tragicomedy

Bio: Arrested for kidnapping Lunchbox and forcing his dad to pay $10 million in ransom...only to find out that they are only "Detroit wealthy." The cops cuffed me while picking up a suitcase full of fool's gold and food stamps. Reps the Chiefs to the death.

Date of Birth: 9 Jan 81

How you want your character to be displayed: Tall and medium build.

LiveWire

Congrats to Seattle fans. Welcome to the club. Feels good to have a ring doesn't it? Feels even better to not be one of those poor teams without a ring :jnc

squicken

2/3: New offensive coordinator Kyle Shanahan "loves" Kirk Cousins, according to Chris Mortensen. Cousins could be Cleveland's for a third- or fourth-round pick. The Browns have two fourth-round selections.

3rd? No. 4th? Seems fair for a flyer, though he looked as awful if not worse than RG3 last year

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Congrats to Seattle fans. Welcome to the club. Feels good to have a ring doesn't it? Feels even better to not be one of those poor teams without a ring :jnc
Only took 37 years

Colasante

3rd? No. 4th? Seems fair for a flyer, though he looked as awful if not worse than RG3 last year

I don't buy this rumor. Probably just another Mike Lombardi smokescreen. What does Kirk Cousins offer that Brandon Weeden doesn't? Obviously it goes without saying that Weeden is terrible and never should have been a 1st round pick, but Weeden and Cousins both came in during the same drift and Weeden went 80 picks before Cousins. What's changed since then?

The Frankman is a classic case of being in the wrong place at the wrong time. He has a 15 year sentence for possession, as he was caught after a Knicks game smoking it up. He managed to get the first sentence marked as time served as part of a plea agreement, and is eligible for parole in about 2 years.

IP5ZqCT.jpg

[/url]

Beautiful, yet at the same time I want to punch you.

LiveWire

I don't buy this rumor. Probably just another Mike Lombardi smokescreen. What does Kirk Cousins offer that Brandon Weeden doesn't? Obviously it goes without saying that Weeden is terrible and never should have been a 1st round pick, but Weeden and Cousins both came in during the same drift and Weeden went 80 picks before Cousins. What's changed since then?

Skins have little talent at the skill positions, which is why Pierre Garcon broke the receptions record. Cleveland's skill players aren't world beaters either (Josh Gordon being the exception), but it's better than what the Skins had for Cousins late-season starts this year. And he's younger than Weeden, still has 2 years left on his rookie contract. Definitely worth a 4th round pick to throw into a QB competition at the very least.

squicken

Mortensen is tight with the Shannyclan as well as Jeff Fisher. It's always funny to see La Canfora get mad that some story is out there on the Browns, b/c he is essentially Lombardi's mouthpiece. Kind of fun tracking the rumors and who is leaking what.

Spinluck

I think I heard on the radio today that 40% of their starting line up are either drafted in the 4th round or later, or not drafted at all. That is some top notch scouting.

damn.. no doubt.

i also heard on radio that every Wednesday, Pete allows a back up to call out and challenge a starting player for their starting position.

they then compete in drills and such, and the best player wins. seems like a great way to keep everyone at a level head, and on their toes. no one is too untouchable and it stops players from getting lazy, and encourages constant improvement.

now this sounds much better than 301

happy birthday bro!

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
How close is it to being done?

I want to buy it but don't like buying early builds that much

Still a ways to go before feature complete. Plenty of stuff to do if you enjoy sandbox-style games and tinkering with systems trying to figure out what works and what doesn't and, as a result, lots of emergent gameplay/narrative opportunity. Not a lot of structure/direction yet, and of course since it's still alpha there's still a lot of polish that needs to be done.

I'd suggest either waiting or pick it up when it's on a Steam sale, then keep an eye on release notes until there's enough stuff in the game that interests you enough to finally give it a try.

MechDX

damn.. no doubt.

i also heard on radio that every Wednesday, Pete allows a back up to call out and challenge a starting player for their starting position.

they then compete in drills and such, and the best player wins. seems like a great way to keep everyone at a level head, and on their toes. no one is too untouchable and it stops players from getting lazy, and encourages constant improvement.

happy birthday bro!

Its like the anti-Kubiak. "OhCase looked the wrong direction that play....Matt you're up!"

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Holy crap, I'm on the master list!

* How you want your name displayed - WedgeX
* Bio (250 character max) - gaffers should do this. Although something about me knifing someone in Detroit would be appropriate.
* Date of birth 11/4/2004 gaf date for the win and some such
* How you want your character to be displayed - medium, pale...is bearded an option?

How did I miss this?

I'll likely push your DOB back a bit. Only gata will be younger than 18.

As for beard, I have a few options for that.

Cloudy

Banned
Am I crazy or is the narrative about how bad Peyton played wrong to anyone else? I don't think he was that bad. The o-line, defense and special teams lost that game

Am I crazy or is the narrative about how bad Peyton played wrong to anyone else? I don't think he was that bad. The o-line, defense and special teams lost that game

He played terrible. 3 turnovers and and all he could do was throw little 5 yard screen passes. Granted, his o-line and receivers played bad as well, but that's usually the case when QBs have bad games.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Holy crap, I'm on the master list!

* How you want your name displayed - WedgeX
* Bio (250 character max) - gaffers should do this. Although something about me knifing someone in Detroit would be appropriate.
* Date of birth 11/4/2004 gaf date for the win and some such
* How you want your character to be displayed - medium, pale...is bearded an option?

How did I miss this?

- Jailed for running away from lunchbox's plantation. A more realistic and sad version of Kastrioti.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom