• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread - Who cares who won we got a draft to prepare for!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I totally forgot to mention my cousin used to play pee wee football with malcom and steve smith (his bro) my sister was a cheerleader for that team too, its kinda cool seeing then both get SB Wins (steve with the giants), I remember watching them play too, steve was the stand out because malcom was actually one of the smaller ones on the team. if fact steve comes down here to train in the offseason

Levyne

Banned
I wrote this earlier, and have been going over and over debating with myself on sharing it, but I figure it's all good to just get it out.

I'm just glad NFL-GAF has been wonderful all season and it's been a great time getting to know everyone and I'll try to keep up in the offseason unless the NHL threads take me away :p I'm sure I am rambling now, so I'll leave it there for now. Thanks for reading all this if you did :)

You are a good guy Shane, don't let it weigh on you so much! You are clearly invested in the team, so might as well start off on a high note, right? Appreciate it because you never know if you will see it again!

I bandwagoned the good-ish bears teams (of all teams, how stupid of me!) of the mid-2000s, late bloomer since I didn't really start watching sports until high school. Watched us lose in 06 but have stuck with the team since. Don't feel punished just because the team you decided to root for as you got interested in football won it all already. At least you've got the one win to remember forever, right? Some fans don't even have that. I don't. Not yet!

Wear that ugly toque with pride . Just don't swap it out for another one when it's convenient.

Spinluck

http://thebiglead.com/2014/02/03/he...nito-and-jonathan-martin-allegedly-exchanged/

All the text messages between Incognito and Martin.

This is such a joke and mess that never should have unfolded the way it did.

didn't read all of it, but they both seem like friends.. and loser who can't get laid. not sure what to make of this.

5wKWTrN.jpg

holy shit lol

MechDX

LaConfora from CBS.com says the Texans are already trying to trade back. Draft defense early in the first and then go after Garopollo from Eastern Illinois early in the 2nd.

Not sure I've been on NFLgaf long enough to qualify but I want in on this prison action.

* How you want your name displayed - Unknownstranger
* Bio (250 character max) - Killing someone for talking shit behind my back. Didn't give a single fuck.
* Date of birth 12/31/99
* How you want your character to be displayed - No idea

MechDX

Newsflash: Every team wants to trade back.

He stated teams have already been in contact with Houston.

now this pops up:

http://www.digitaljournal.com/sport...s-looking-to-deal-for-top-pick/article/368788

Ryan Hamilton of Gather Sports has reported that several teams, including the Oakland Raiders could make a switch with Houston. Several reports have the Silver and Black ready to move forward with another signal caller and making a move for the top selection would allow Oakland to land the player they covet most.

I think Manziel mania is getting some teams jumpy. Someone will bite to make sure they get him. Funny enough the Jags sitting at 3 is what will get someone to jump for Manziel. So thanks!

ShaneB

You are a good guy Shane, don't let it weigh on you so much! You are clearly invested in the team, so might as well start off on a high note, right? Appreciate it because you never know if you will see it again!

I bandwagoned the good-ish bears teams (of all teams, how stupid of me!) of the mid-2000s, late bloomer since I didn't really start watching sports until high school. Watched us lose in 06 but have stuck with the team since. Don't feel punished just because the team you decided to root for as you got interested in football won it all already. At least you've got the one win to remember forever, right? Some fans don't even have that. I don't. Not yet!

Wear that ugly toque with pride . Just don't swap it out for another one when it's convenient.

Thanks for the kind words Levyne :) (except the ugly toque bit) :p

Wow, this is really what Martin is complaining about?

I don't understand.

You know....I get it, it was overwhelming and the like...but seriously, you dragged another man's name through the mud. That's unacceptable. Own up to what happened or get word out to your agent to put that controversy to bed. Staying silent while Incognito is made out to be everything wrong with football...that's wrong.

jakncoke

Banned
Just noticed Pats signed the Michigan leaper Sam McGuffie to a future contract. They sure love short white wrs, when the NFL goes to 18 games. I think i'll sign with them as a double agent. They'll never see it coming. I'll have wes like drops at the most inopportune times.

effzee

Why move back now? Unless you really don't like the QBs coming out, the new CBA is designed so that you can take the risk with a QB in the first round. Especially win the first round with the extra year added.

Why move back now? Unless you really don't like the QBs coming out, the new CBA is designed so that you can take the risk with a QB in the first round. Especially win the first round with the extra year added.

Maybe BoB agrees with Squicken and thinks the Texans lack talent on defense. Drowney for Clowney.

effzee

It would probably never happen but man if somehow we could lure the kicker from Seattle away...would help us so much.

Alex Henery is so inconsistent and his leg is weak. 45+ yards he is extremely shaky.

effzee

Maybe BoB agrees with Squicken and thinks the Texans lack talent on defense. Drowney for Clowney.

I mean they do. They lack talent in plenty of spots but since they have no QB that has to be the #1 priority unless you want to roll with Shaub or Keenum.

Draft is loaded and Seattle just showed you can load up talent in the later rounds if you know how to scout right.

MechDX

I mean they do. They lack talent in plenty of spots but since they have no QB that has to be the #1 priority unless you want to roll with Shaub or Keenum.

Draft is loaded and Seattle just showed you can load up talent in the later rounds if you know how to scout right.

So dropping down by trading with some team who has Manziel fever to get extra later picks is a bad thing? Little contradictory.

If BOB feels someone later can be the guy then let him do his thing. No one will trade with St Louis and risk another team trading with Houston and leap frogging them. Someone is going to reach hard for JFF....just a question of who and what price they are willing to pay.

And maybe squicken is wrong? there is talent there. Quit acting like we are the damn Raiders, jags or Browns. 80% of the problem this season was coaching and lack of accountability.

squicken

Everyone wants to trade back and still get their guy. Everyone wants to do an RG3 trade. The Texans are doing whatever they can to drum up interest in that pick. At the end of the process, I still think they use that pick, b/c even if they swap w/ JAX, there's a chance they lose the player they covet if STL also trades back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom