• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread - Who cares who won we got a draft to prepare for!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdyhybrid

Let's go eat a goddamn snack!

iIme97xuQAbQ7.gif

I wondering how much Malcolm got paid for an L.A. Guy to say "I wanna go to Disneyworld" instead of Disneyland...

Also Seahawks fans, what do you look for in the draft? Besides WR or TE?

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
image.php

I have a feeling Ross is going to let Philbin and Hickey run out their contracts (2 years) and then clean house, so even if we fail next year I can see Ross keeping them to show any potential head coach/GM that he's willing to wait for change. Ugh....

Why is your team so full of bullies brah?

rando14

I wondering how much Malcolm got paid for an L.A. Guy to say "I wanna go to Disneyworld" instead of Disneyland...

Like you said, Zach's gone so a new TE will be necessary. Rice is gone, maybe Tate too, so a WR will be needed. Mcquistan I think is gone, and so is Giacomini, which leaves some holes in the offensive line.

squicken

Lance Zierlein ‏@LanceZierlein
If I had to bet money I would bet on bortles. He likes his size and arm and he played under O'Leary who was a big mentor for O'Brien

It will be bizarre if a guy I had never heard of in October is the first overall pick, again. At least Eric Fisher was a lineman

Colasante

It will be bizarre if a guy I had never heard of in October is the first overall pick, again. At least Eric Fisher was a lineman

Anything can happen over the next couple of years, but I really think the Texans would come to regret choosing Bortles over Bridgewater if they did so, especially if Bridgewater went to the Jaguars.

Orlando's a much bigger money sucker than Disneyland. would be surprised if they ever say Disneyland again.

Anything can happen over the next couple of years, but I really think the Texans would come to regret choosing Bortles over Bridgewater if they did so, especially if Bridgewater went to the Jaguars.

This is what I fear, Bortles and Bridgewater being gone by the time the Browns pick. I can see Shao Kahn picking one of the two for sure. Don't want JFF.

exarkun

Yea, Bortles looks like a project. Big arm, big size, but occasional accuracy issues coupled with the fact that he played at UCF so I don't really know how he fairs against elite defenders makes me go...trade down and get him at 5-7 if thats what they want. What happened to Tajh Boyd hype? I like him for value, and he seems hungry.

bionic77

Fuck this weather.

Man it sucks working from home when your kids are not at school.

This winter has been so bad that even living in Florida seems appealing. Then I come to my senses. Having meth addicts, racists with guns and Gata as a neighbor is not worth it to avoid some snow though.

I feel really bad for Richie Incognito. I'm absolutely fascinated by it, and I want to hear what Jonathan Martin has to say.

I wanna hear from Ritchie. Why the fuck didnt he release those texts day one? They clearly show that he wasnt some psycho just harassing Martin. This would have been totally different if those had come out sooner.

squicken

Yea, Bortles looks like a project. Big arm, big size, but occasional accuracy issues coupled with the fact that he played at UCF so I don't really know how he fairs against elite defenders makes me go...trade down and get him at 5-7 if thats what they want. What happened to Tajh Boyd hype? I like him for value, and he seems hungry.

Boyd is 3-4 round guy. Small, inaccurate and "hungry". As far as trade down, I linked this yesterday, but it's a good thing to remember about trading down and "reaches"

http://www.stateofthetexans.com/blog/2014/02/03/draft-myths-debunked-that-pick-is-a-reach/

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Hey look. Ryan Clark on espn. Get used to that seat!

I wanna hear from Ritchie. Why the fuck didnt he release those texts day one? They clearly show that he wasnt some psycho just harassing Martin. This would have been totally different if those had come out sooner.

Couldn't say anything due to the NFL "investigation".

Fuck this weather.

This winter has been so bad that even living in Florida seems appealing. Then I come to my senses. Having meth addicts, racists with guns and Gata as a neighbor is not worth it to avoid some snow though.

So Cal weather is awesome and we don't have the crazies from Florida. Plus all the yoga pants/short shorts/skirts you can look at year round!

I think what happened was Incognito had no idea who was leading this stuff until the ESPN report saying Martin was blaming him by then I'm sure Incognitos lawyer told him to stay quiet and not release anything until they could figure out what was going on.

Fuck this weather.

What was that? I cant hear you over the sound of my air conditioner.

bionic77

So Cal weather is awesome and we don't have the crazies from Florida. Plus all the yoga pants/short shorts/skirts you can look at year round!
Yeah SoCal is pretty amazing. On the negatives it costs a billion dollars to own a home and the traffic is murderous. I don't know about you but I go crazy when I am stuck sitting in traffic.

I actually think Texas is a more attractive destination for a young person these days than Cali. Better economy and you can easily afford a car. The downside is the state is fucking huge and nothing is close to anything else.

What was that? I cant hear you over the sound of my air conditioner.
Nice.

Should drown out the racists chants and incoherent screams from the oxy and meth addicts.

Yeah SoCal is pretty amazing. On the negatives it costs a billion dollars to own a home and the traffic is murderous. I don't know about you but I go crazy when I am stuck sitting in traffic.

I actually think Texas is a more attractive destination for a young person these days than Cali. Better economy and you can easily afford a car. The downside is the state is fucking huge and nothing is close to anything else.

Nice.

Should drown out the racists chants and incoherent screams from the oxy and meth addicts.

You should come down. You wouldnt hear the racists and addicts and would still be able to hear an ambulances wail. But you can probably hear that 100 miles away.

Nice.

It gets easier once you live down here and know how to get around, plus I live in the valley so I don't need to use the freeway that often unless I'm heading to/past downtown, other than that I stay around Burbank/Calabasa/Thousand Oaks/Malibu. It is crazy expensive though.

bionic77

You should come down. You wouldnt hear the racists and addicts and would still be able to hear an ambulances wail. But you can probably hear that 100 miles away.
Been to Florida many times my friend. Mostly for cheap shitty vacations.

I will say the local oranges were pretty amazing down there.

And about the ambulance chasing, a man has to eat. And I would rather not eat Taco Bell like most of GAF!

Been to Florida many times my friend. Mostly for cheap shitty vacations.

I will say the local oranges were pretty amazing down there.

And about the ambulance chasing, a man has to eat. And I would rather not eat Taco Bell like most of GAF!

Going all out and splurging on $15 meals?

bionic77

Going all out and splurging on $15 meals?
Usually eat at home as often as possible bro. Wife is a great cook and when she is not there I don't mind making something myself. Tastes so much better than most shit you can get at most restaurants.

I do still go out with other lawyers and friends, usually at a nice seafood restaurant (we don't know how to fuck with seafood), but with young kids we never go anywhere nice. Red Lobster is usually our spot with them.

MechDX

My opinion: if they stay at 1 its Teddy. If they trade down 3/4 spots its Bortles. Trade down lower than 5 its defense and QB in second round

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom