• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread - Who cares who won we got a draft to prepare for!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Plus TJ is most likely getting the franchise tag, sorry bud!
Edit: surprised TJ is getting so much hype haha

I hope a plane crashes on TJ Ward his fucking face.

YvmUr3N.png

McDaniels to Houston, Peyton signs with the Pats as our OC.

Paches

Seattle Parade update: Marshawn is on the hood of the car with all the cheerleaders and throwing skittles at people while smoking a cigar. I hope someone makes some GIFs.

Seattle Parade update: Marshawn is on the hood of the car with all the cheerleaders and throwing skittles at people while smoking a cigar. I hope someone makes some GIFs.

Better that he is on the hood of a car like his victims rather than drunk behind the wheel like his normal self

bionic77

MXrQBME.gif

You also forgot: Dolphins not making the playoffs.

We will have that in common then! No playoffs for us!
We can be bros once Brady and Bellicheat are gone and hate on all the good teams.

No FIFA for the time being. My son killed the disc drive on my PS3. I guess I could download the titles. Right now it is just a Youtube and Netflix player.

That is one thing I will give Nintendo. Their consoles were fucking reliable.

bionic77

Better that he is on the hood of a car like his victims rather than drunk behind the wheel like his normal self
Did you listen to Kap's interview on the BS Report?

God that fucker is dumb. I said it before but Harbs needs to limit that guys access to the media. He sounds like a stupid high school football player.

We can be bros once Brady and Bellicheat are gone and hate on all the good teams.

No FIFA for the time being. My son killed the disc drive on my PS3. I guess I could download the titles. Right now it is just a Youtube and Netflix player.

That is one thing I will give Nintendo. Their consoles were fucking reliable.

Get with the time, man! I only have a PS4 after my PS3 fried itself.

Finish the joke: 18 and _

Finish the joke: The Miami Dolphins

Oh shit I already finished it for you.

The one that pretty much killed any playoff hopes the Dolphins had.

Like the Dolphins really had any hopes. That kid with the rats avatar has already been crying about next season and how he hopes his owner dies. Poor kid.

The one that pretty much killed any playoff hopes the Dolphins had.
Honestly the joyful emotions I experienced from seeing the Pats lose to the Broncos have kind of clouded that memory at this point. I think I was kind of sad though, maybe 1/5th your sadness after 18-1.

Finish the joke: The Miami Dolphins

Oh shit I already finished it for you.
:jnc

That was pretty good. You taking notes, gata?

Did you listen to Kap's interview on the BS Report?

God that fucker is dumb. I said it before but Harbs needs to limit that guys access to the media. He sounds like a stupid high school football player.

When you got DAT SWAG the football gods can't let you be articulate! He does have a degree but then again dick Sherman "graduated" from Stanford so.... Yeah

bionic77

When you got DAT SWAG the football gods can't let you be articulate! He does have a degree but then again dick Sherman "graduated" from Stanford so.... Yeah
I will say this for all the racist white people who are afraid of his tattoos when you listen to the guy talk he sounds about as gangsta as a 12 year old white kid from New Jersey. He sounds kind of like a pussy.

Also bro Sherman sounds more intelligent than Kap. But as dumb as he sounded during that interview I will give you this. He is still a hell of a lot smarter than Gata and some of my favorite football players were mental retards and probable criminals (i.e. James Harrison).

bionic77

Get with the time, man! I only have a PS4 after my PS3 fried itself.
PS4 does seem like the home console of choice. There are no games I want for it other than Fifa or Winning Eleven. And even those I will just get my ass destroyed online by you kids anyways.

WiiU has 3 games I want to play (Pikmin 3, W101 and Mario). If it was 200 bucks I would probably buy one and let it collect dust.

Farooq

Banned
Mock Season has begun!

Eric Galko of Optimum Scouting mocks the 2014 draft.

1. Houston Texans - Jadeveon Clowney, DE, South Carolina
Jadeveon Clowney is the best player in the 2014 draft, talent-wise. But that doesn’t mean he’s without flaws or concerns. With injuries throughout his career, spotty play as a junior, and lack of developed rush moves, he may not be the dominating impact some expect. That being said, I think the Texans pass on a quarterback first overall, and opt for the best value.

2. St. Louis Rams (via WASH) - Greg Robinson, OT, Auburn
The Rams are likely to trade down from this spot. If Clowney is here at #2 overall, I’d expect the Falcons to trade up. If Bridgewater is available, I think the Jaguars or Raiders move up to secure the draft’s top quarterback. No matter where they end up, they’ll likely target either Sammy Watkins or a top offensive tackle with their first pick. Robinson is rated higher on our board.

3 . Jacksonville Jaguars - Teddy Bridgewater, QB, Louisville
The Jaguars are entering this draft with Bridgewater as the crown jewel, and I wouldn’t be surprised to see them move up a spot to secure him. If he’s not available here, I think they lean Anthony Barr over Khalil Mack, with both being under strong consideration for the pick.

4 . Cleveland Browns - Sammy Watkins, WR, Clemson
The Browns will strongly consider Johnny Manziel in the top five picks, but like most teams, I think they struggle to pull the trigger on draft day. If they do, opting to add pieces around whomever they plan to build around at quarterback would be wise. Watkins paired with Josh Gordon could become one of the NFL’s best receiver duos.

5. Oakland Raiders - Khalil Mack, OLB, Buffalo
The Raiders are looking for immediate starters, including at quarterback. If Teddy Bridgewater isn’t available, I think they consider impact, NFL-ready playmakers like Sammy Watkins and Khalil Mack. Mack can step in as an explosive pass rusher, and with he, Lamar Houston, and Sio Moore for the future, they should be able to be much more active in getting to the quarterback.

6. Atlanta Falcons - Jake Matthews, OT, Texas A&M
The Falcons may have had a surprisingly frustrating season, but it’s clear they aren’t far away from being a legitimate Super Bowl contender for the future. They need to add talent to their offensive and defensive lines, and they’ll likely take the best player they can at those two position units. If they can’t trade up for Clowney, landing Matthews is the best option, as he can step in day one and be the right-tackle starter.

7. Tampa Bay Bucs - Eric Ebron, TE, North Carolina
With a new regime in place, the Bucs could go a variety of ways. Derek Carr and Jeff Tedford have a unique connection, Khalil Mack is a fit at linebacker, and adding to the offense is intriguing. I’ll lean offense as of now, and adding Eric Ebron would give this team three talented, high-pointing receiving options.

8. Minnesota Vikings - Blake Bortles, QB, UCF
Matt Cassel played well enough last year to be considered a viable short-term quarterback option in Minnesota. However, if they have the option to draft, and more importantly develop, Blake Bortles, I think it should be strongly considered. He’s a great fit for Norv Turner’s offense if given time to develop.

9. Buffalo Bills - Anthony Barr, OLB, UCLA
Buffalo has the star power in their front seven, with Mario Williams, Marcel Dareus, and defensive rookie of the year candidate Kiko Alonso. Adding Barr would give this team an even further leg up as a pass rushing unit. Barr could end up as the best defensive player in this draft with time, as he’s only played the defensive side of the ball for two years.

10. Detroit Lions - Ha Ha Clinton-Dix, S, Alabama
The Lions will likely consider both receiver and safety at this spot, and they’ll have great options at both. While Clinton-Dix is a bit of a reach, the receiver class is simply too deep to invest a top ten pick in. Clinton-Dix could replace Louis Delmas, who is a rumored cap-cut for the Lions this off-season.

11. Tennessee Titans - Kony Ealy, DE, Missouri
Tennessee has always seemed to draft for upside with their first round picks in the past, and I don’t see why they’ll stop now. Ealy is a bit of a reach in terms of what his immediate role will be in the NFL, but utilizing his athleticism as both an interior and edge rusher would give this team another plus talent to control offensive lines with.

12. New York Giants - CJ Mosley, ILB, Alabama
The Giants have refused to address the linebacker position on draft day in the past, but with Mosley on the board and their perceived need, it’s hard not to project him here. Mosley can play both strong-side and inside linebacker in their system.

13. St. Louis Rams - Calvin Pryor, SAF, Louisville
The Rams don’t have many needs after drafting so well in the past, but safety is certainly one of them. Pryor is a reach at this point, and I fully expect the Rams to try and trade down from this spot to address their one true need. They could also consider receiver here if they feel one of them is an undeniable, immediate impact player to help Sam Bradford.

14. Chicago Bears - Darqueze Dennard, CB, Michigan State
If CJ Mosley was available at this spot, I think he’d be the best option for the Bears, as they really need linebacker help. However, with him already gone in this mock, the Bears may opt for the best defensive player available. Dennard fits the Bears defensive scheme, and is the best defensive back in this class.

15. Pittsburgh Steelers - Taylor Lewan, OT, Michigan
Pittsburgh has tried, and failed, to find young, NFL starter-capable offensive linemen in recent years, but have struggled to do so. Lewan would have been potentially the top overall pick in last year’s draft, so grabbing a franchise left tackle at 15th overall is a fantastic value.

16. Baltimore Ravens -Jace Amaro, TE, Texas Tech
Finding more receiving options for Joe Flacco may be atop the Ravens to-do list this off-season, especially considering their drop in offensive success once Anquan Boldin left. With the receiver class so deep, they’ll likely look there in later rounds. Pairing Jace Amaro with the current tight end Dennis Pitta would give this team a unique two-tight end strength that would be extremely tough to defend for their AFC North foes.

17. Dallas Cowboys - Aaron Donald, DT, Pittsburgh
Aaron Donald is shorter than the ideal NFL defensive tackle. Aaron Donald isn’t as long as the average interior pass-rusher. But Aaron Donald is potentially the best interior defensive lineman in this draft class, and showed during Senior Bowl week that he can consistently beat NFL-level offensive lineman. Donald would do wonders for the Cowboys pass rush, in-turn helping their lackluster secondary play.

18. New York Jets - Mike Evans, WR, Texas A&M
Geno Smith struggled mightily as a rookie quarterback. If they hope to help him develop, they need to add plenty of weapons around him. While I don’t personally feel Mike Evans is worth a top 20 pick, he does fit the Jets need of a strong, possession receiver.

19. Miami Dolphins- Zach Martin, OT, Notre Dame
The Dolphins are in desperate need for offensive line help, and they are almost a lock to draft that position first come May. Zach Martin played like an NFL offensive tackle during his college career and during the Senior Bowl week of practices, and could fill-in immediately at either tackle spot. And if he doesn’t work out there or they can get another offensive tackle later in the draft, he has Pro Bowl potential at guard.

20. Arizona Cardinals - Derek Carr, QB, Fresno State
Without many glaring needs (outside of offensive line, where Bruce Arians has done wonders with his lackluster talent), the Cardinals can afford to develop Derek Carr behind Carson Palmer for a few years. Carr fits the vertical passing game Arians runs well, especially if he gets time to develop.

21. Green Bay Packers - Ra'Shede Hageman, DT, Minnesota
The Packers could go a handful of ways on draft day. But with almost their entire defensive line entering free agency, they’ll likely strongly consider that position if the value is on the board. Hagemen can step in and play nose tackle or 5-technique in the Packers system. His talent level suggests he may go as high as top 10.

22. Philadelphia Eagles - Jimmie Ward, SAF, Northern Illinois
Jimmie Ward may not be a household name now, but he dominated during Senior Bowl week at both cornerback and safety, and showed that he can be an idea fifth defensive back. He can play the slot if they want to keep Brandon Boykin outside full time as well.

23. Kansas City Chiefs - Odell Beckham, WR, LSU
Andy Reid certainly wants to upgrade his receiving corps, and Beckham may be the type of high upside receiver that the Chiefs may consider in the first round despite the depth of this receiver class. Beckham isn’t a finished product as a route runner, but he has arguably the highest upside of any receiver in this class.

24. Cincinnati Bengals - Ryan Shazier, OLB, Ohio State
After drafting so well the past few drafts, the Bengals are a tough team to peg what they may do on draft day. I’ll lean with them staying in-state to add to their linebacking unit. With Vontaze Burfict and Rey Mauluga already in place, adding Shazier gives this team a talented, young trio.

25. San Diego Chargers - Jeremiah Attaochu, OLB, Georgia Tech
After seeing the Seahawks consistently get pressure on Manning with just four or five rushers in the Super Bowl and seeing how that rattled him, the Chargers would be wise to follow suit in their team building. Attaochu didn’t get the chance to dominate the last two years at Georgia Tech, but he’s worth a first-round pick, and could go a lot higher than this after his NFL Combine workout.

26. Cleveland Browns (via IND) - Johnny Manziel, QB, Texas A&M
Odds are that Manziel ends up in the top 20 picks overall, and if the Browns pass on him at 4th overall, they’ll likely push to trade up to secure him later. I’d be very worried about pulling the trigger on Manziel in the top five or ten picks, but getting him for a late first round pick would be a steal and a very worthwhile gamble.

27. New Orleans Saints - Dee Ford, OLB, Auburn
Rob Ryan made the most of his pass-rushing unit this year, but it’s clear they need an upgrade at the position for the future. After a devastatingly impressive Senior Bowl week of practice, Ford may go as high as the top 20. He likely won’t leave the first round.

28. Carolina Panthers - Marqise Lee, WR, USC
Cam Newton needs some young receiver options to develop with for the future, as his feature target now, Steve Smith, doesn’t have many great years left. Lee was a bit forgotten after a lackluster and run-focused season for the USC Trojans, but he’s a near-elite talent who would be a top 10 pick in most draft classes.

29. San Francisco 49ers - Justin Gilbert, CB, Oklahoma State
The 49ers are likely frustrated after seeing the Seahawks win the Super Bowl, as they were arguably the more talented team in the NFC divisional championship game. They aren’t far away from getting to the NFC title game for the fourth straight year, and adding Gilbert to a developing secondary would be a wise decision to keep the defense a strength.

30. New England Patriots - Louis Nix, DT, Notre Dame
The Patriots have an aging Vince Wilfork coming off injury next season. Finding his long-term replacement at such a key position would be a wise decision, especially with Nix potentially on the board. Nix may end going a lot higher than this, but team’s will first be curious to see him in Indianapolis and get a better feel for where he’s at health-wise before dubbing him a top-20 selection.

31. Denver Broncos - Kyle Fuller, CB, Virginia Tech
After getting dismantled on both sides of the ball in the Super Bowl, the Broncos clearly aren’t void of major needs. The secondary struggled with the Seahawks lesser-known receivers all game, and the cornerback position needs ample work. Fuller possesses great ball skills and quickness vertically, and is worth a late first rounder despite not having much buzz at this point in the draft process.

32. Seattle Seahawks - Cyrus Kouandjio, OT, Alabama
The Seahawks will likely look at offensive line and cornerback as positions to address, likely picking the best value at those two positions. With Cyrus Kouandjio on the board, the Seahawks can’t pass on having a mauling right tackle for the future, especially with their style in the run game.

Mock drafts don't mean shit, so why did I post this? Maybe this post will facilitate discussion. Or maybe I just posted this mock because it has the Cowboys drafting Donald. I don't fucking know.

Paches

Mock Season has begun!

Erik Galko of Optimum Scouting mocks the 2014 draft.

Mock drafts don't mean shit, so why did I post this? Maybe this post will facilitate discussion. Or maybe I just posted this mock because it has the Cowboys drafting Donald. I don't fucking know.

You posted it to remind me Seattle drafts 32nd. Damn that is awesome.

Mock Season has begun!

Any mock that has the Eagles getting a safety is fine by me.

cdyhybrid

Mock Season has begun!

I could see us taking a tackle, but I dunno about a corner.

With a 3.9 in communications.

Kap can't talk or dress (FUBU ain't swag), he shouldn't be allowed around mics.

The guy who wrote this had a 3.9 in communications?!

To all You assholes complaining,

If you dint like it live in another dorm next year then because tradition is tradition and If your Homosexual don't celebrate the holidayy if its that big of a deal but im tired of yall complaining about a couple of hours of sleep yall are some assholes. Stop bitching and fuckin adapt I wake up that early everyday and I aint complaining so you guys really need to just shut the fuck up. Everyone else had fun so fuck the people who are complaining

Richard Sherman

I guess he is "communicating"! I needs to get over to Stanford and get my degree, then become an NFL mouthpiece earn some of that goddell monies!

PS4 does seem like the home console of choice. There are no games I want for it other than Fifa or Winning Eleven. And even those I will just get my ass destroyed online by you kids anyways.

WiiU has 3 games I want to play (Pikmin 3, W101 and Mario). If it was 200 bucks I would probably buy one and let it collect dust.

I'm enjoying my PS4, Fifa is a lot better on it compared to the 360, but a few more games would be pretty sweet.

Mock Season has begun!

Mock season began a loooooong time ago on Walter Football lol. Insane how many mocks are on there.

Also I don't know if the Pats will go DT if one of the top 3 TEs are still on the board, unless they trade down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom