• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread - Who cares who won we got a draft to prepare for!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Wait--so CBS simulcast's 8 of the games with NFL Network and then NFL Network exclusively gets the other 8? That makes no sense.

Howie Roseman said yesterday that the Eagles will not wait until the draft to address the safety position. TJ Ward come on down!!!!!
CSN Philly does not expect the Eagles to sign free agent safeties Jairus Byrd or T.J. Ward.
Byrd and Ward are clearly the two top options available at safety, a spot the cap-rich Eagles desperately need help at. They haven't won a playoff game since letting Brian Dawkins walk following the 2008 season. However, GM Howie Roseman hinted that he doesn't intend to break the bank to plug the hole. CSN Philly considers Chris Clemons, Mike Mitchell and Antoine Bethea more likely targets.
Plus TJ is most likely getting the franchise tag, sorry bud!
Edit: surprised TJ is getting so much hype haha

bionic77

Howie Roseman said yesterday that the Eagles will not wait until the draft to address the safety position. TJ Ward come on down!!!!!
Stay in state bro.

The Steelers have two all world safeties and would be willing to trade both of them for some low round draft picks. We normally wouldn't make such a sweet deal but you gotta treat your PA bros right. Because we love you so much we will throw in a SB champion and pro bowl pass rusher too. At no cost!

squicken

Wait--so CBS simulcast's 8 of the games with NFL Network and then NFL Network exclusively gets the other 8? That makes no sense.

The NFL needs to keep games so they can charge high fees to cable companies for carriage. They still get those, and now they get money from CBS. Plus, CBS pays the production costs for the games that air on NFLN

MechDX

And this:

SeifertESPN Kevin Seifert
Per #NFL, both Saturday games in new TV package will come in a Week 16 doubleheader. First in late afternoon, second in primetime.

Basically ONE Saturday

Stay in state bro.

The Steelers have two all world safeties and would be willing to trade both of them for some low round draft picks. We normally wouldn't make such a sweet deal but you gotta treat your PA bros right. Because we love you so much we will throw in a SB champion and pro bowl pass rusher too. At no cost!

I would be totally down to trade for Troy but Deacon told me it would cost a 2nd. That is way to rich for me.

jakncoke

Banned
Stay in state bro.

Actually Ryan Clark contract expired

FRANCHISE TAG.
Edit: a smoke screen on free agents ? Haha

See that is how smart Howie is. He is playing 12 dimensioanl chess with you guys. He makes seem like they wont sign a big money guy, then you guys decide to not franchise him since no one else will sign him, and then BAM Howie gets his guy.

effzee

I'm not getting my hopes up.

I think they will do what they did last year. They will sign middle of the road guys, like our whole secondary is, so that there isn't a huge hole at that position like there it is right now. This way it allows them to draft BPA in the draft and not have to reach or draft for need.

Of course I'd love both Byrd and Ward but the only consistency I have heard and seen out of Roseman is that they won't splurge in FA anymore. Which is kind of stupid because they seem to think 2011 was a lesson to never spend in FA when it should be a lesson in not picking up dumbass players that don't fit.

You don't stop drafting when you have a bad draft or two, so why shy away from FA completely after one colossal fuck up? Even those guys were mostly 1 year deals and throughout the whole Dream Team 2 years together the Eagles were in fantastic cap shape.

cdyhybrid

I'm fucking bummed. Couldn't find any parking even though I was a few neighborhoods away and got there early. Gonna have to watch this shit on TV. Fucking parking in Seattle is awful.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ling-to-take-hometown-discount-with-seahawks/

“I probably shouldn’t even say this right now but I’m going to say it anyway just because I love Seattle, honestly, I would rather take a little less to be happy and win ball games than to take way more and go to a crappy city where the fans don’t give a crap about the team. You win a game once a month of something like that. I would much rather stay in the situation that I have now for a little less than to go and try to break the bank somewhere else,” Tate said.

Platinum Tate willing to take Bronze money. What a stud.

Seahawks to da bowl (again).

squicken

Saw something on the Tweeter that, under Saban, every Bama recruit that had a 5 star rating ended up being a 1st round NFL pick. That's pretty impressive

Stay in state bro.

One Superbowl winning rapist pls.

Spinluck

I heard there's a possibility Martin might end up on the Colts lol.

We don't even need a Tackle. That was our only solid position in the O-line this year. They can probably try him at Guard, but I don't want him on the team :-(

bionic77

Lorenzen at center, Ben at QB and Tebow at RB.

Book it.
I like the way you think but your formula could be improved.

Tebow becomes the franchise qb, Lorenzen at center (and 3rd backup qb) and Ben as the backup qb and water boy.

To maximize Lorenzen we should also have him practice at Nose Tackle. He should be cheap (we can pay him in McDonalds) and he will be able to take up 3 backup positions.

bionic77

The Eagles would be idiots to replace Foles with Ben.
Ben would have beaten the Saints but he and the Eagles would have gotten their shit pushed in against the Niners or Seahawks.

Also it would be so awesome to see a supremely talented qb AND a supremely giant d-bag as the face of the Eagles franchise. It would make for the greatest talk radio and fan/team interaction of all time.

bionic77

Any of the parents here do the cord blood stuff?

We are expecting our first in a little under a month now. Really looking into this now and kinda overwhelmed with each company saying WE DA BESS.

Leaning towards CBR:

http://www.cordblood.com/benefits-cord-blood/umbilical-cord-stem-cells
Our doctor gave us 2 or 3 options and when I asked him for his honest opinion he said he didn't think it was worth the cost and that he didn't use the service for his own kids.

Who the fuck knows though. If your kid needs that stuff and you didn't keep it you would feel really shitty over that 1500 dollars you saved.

I'm not getting my hopes up.

I think they will do what they did last year. They will sign middle of the road guys, like our whole secondary is, so that there isn't a huge hole at that position like there it is right now. This way it allows them to draft BPA in the draft and not have to reach or draft for need.

Of course I'd love both Byrd and Ward but the only consistency I have heard and seen out of Roseman is that they won't splurge in FA anymore. Which is kind of stupid because they seem to think 2011 was a lesson to never spend in FA when it should be a lesson in not picking up dumbass players that don't fit.

You don't stop drafting when you have a bad draft or two, so why shy away from FA completely after one colossal fuck up? Even those guys were mostly 1 year deals and throughout the whole Dream Team 2 years together the Eagles were in fantastic cap shape.

Barwin was a kind of big money guy, and Casey got good money for a guy who had only been a role player in the NFL. If anything they should have learned from last year that FAs can come in a contribute right away and help the team. Eagles dont have time to try to build a defense through the draft for 3 years. By then if Foles is good he will be getting huge money, Shady will be almost 30, and DJax will be old. You might only get a few chances, need to strike quick.

My wife and I am planning to do the cord blood thing, better safe then sorry.

I wonder who the dolphins are going to cut...I know Martin and Incognito are done but who else...Hopefully Carroll is out, I think we are stuck with Wheeler and Ellerbee, maybe Daniel Thomas....

The NFL needs to keep games so they can charge high fees to cable companies for carriage. They still get those, and now they get money from CBS. Plus, CBS pays the production costs for the games that air on NFLN

The NFL treats the networks like Ben treats chubby girls in the bathroom....and they love it. More Nantz and Simms sucks for me though, arrgghh. Maybe I can sync up a radio broadcast or something.

The NFL treats the networks like Ben treats chubby girls in the bathroom....and they love it. More Nantz and Simms sucks for me though, arrgghh. Maybe I can sink up a radio broadcast or something.

Sometimes radio broadcasts are better, I've listened to a few Dolphin games like that and I liked it of course if I can I'd rather watch but it's not a bad alternative.

Sometimes radio broadcasts are better, I've listened to a few Dolphin games like that and I liked it of course if I can I'd rather watch but it's not a bad alternative.

Yep, usually radio broadcasts are more energetic sometimes with better color commentary too. The Steelers radio play by play guy is pretty bad though, his eyes are shot and he misses tons of shit. Tunch Ilkin as the color guy is pretty good though.

Colasante

Veterans cut this week still have to wait for free agency or they can sign now? I thought they are free to sign now if they choose

I don't know for certain, but I believe vested veterans that are released have to wait until free agency to sign a new contract, while players that aren't vested are subject to waivers and can be claimed by teams before free agency begins.

I wonder who the dolphins are going to cut...I know Martin and Incognito are done but who else...Hopefully Carroll is out, I think we are stuck with Wheeler and Ellerbee, maybe Daniel Thomas....
I'm excited about this offseason, it'll tell us a lot about the new GM. Of course, this will probably end up being a bad thing but blissful ignorance is something I require of myself at times, otherwise I don't think I could make it as a Dolphins fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom