• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread - Who cares who won we got a draft to prepare for!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigAT

Dan Kadar ‏ @ MockingTheDraft 48m
"You see some similarities between Bridgewater and Donovan McNabb." Kiper says he's heard Cleveland has a high opinion of Bridgewater.

racist1.gif

bionic77

Bionic is obviously the best steelers fan.
Just keeping it real brother!

Lets be honest here. The Browns are still the Browns. They have like 2 wins ever against ben. 1) they needed 8 turnovers and we still nearly won the game 2) it was like 8 degrees with 25 mph winds. It remains to be seen if Manziel can even be average in the league or even play a down. Who knows, he might Len Bias himself or Gronk himself out of the league!
They are still the Browns but remember we got our shit pushed in by the Vikings and Bears this year, two of the worst teams in football. It doesn't take a lot to wreck our defense. I was just saying that if the Browns get a competent qb we might be fucked. I didn't say they would get one I was just foretelling the consequences of what would happen if they did get one.

This of course assumes that our defense will remain among the worst in the league. Really only the Colts seemed to be in our league.

Tom Penny

I support the Browns drafting Manziel. It will ensure the Steelers dominance over them continue for another 3-4 years before they decide they need another QB.

Manziel is bar none the best QB in the draft until he gets injured and he very likely will. Until then the Texans are making a MJ Sam Bowie mistake by not taking him.

Some presser tweets
Daryl Ruiter ‏ @ RuiterWrongFAN 46s
Shanahan said he'll evaluate QBs, give honest opinion then those in charge will decide; on type: "there's lots of ways to win in this game"

Mary Kay Cabot ‏ @ MaryKayCabot 55s
# Browns OC Shanahan on drafting a quarterback: "you don't need a certain type of QB, you need the best one.''

Daryl Ruiter ‏ @ RuiterWrongFAN 31s
"You have to do what you're QB is best at" - Shanahan

Nate Ulrich ‏ @ NateUlrichABJ 1m
# Browns DC Jim O'Neil said he's a big fan of OLB Barkevious Mingo & looks forward to working with him.

Daryl Ruiter ‏ @ RuiterWrongFAN 1m
DC Jim O'Neil jokes his wife made Mingo cupcakes on draft day; went to dinner last year during visit; has things to work on but excited

Daryl Ruiter ‏ @ RuiterWrongFAN 15s
"As a whole we tend to put a lot of stock in sacks but that doesn't tell the whole story" - Jim O'Neil (referencing Kruger)

Daryl Ruiter ‏ @ RuiterWrongFAN 48s
O'Neil added 4.5 sacks doesn't mean Kruger had a bad year # Browns

# Browns OC Kyle Shanahan said he thinks Brian Hoyer has a chance to succeed in this league.

Scott Petrak ct ‏ @ ScottPetrak 1m
# Browns OC Kyle Shanahan: Fan of Hoyer coming out of Michigan State. Think he has chance to succeed in this league.

Daryl Ruiter ‏ @ RuiterWrongFAN 45s
Shanahan said he thinks Brian Hoyer can be successful in this league; still has to evaluate him and other QBs # Browns

In a country with an awful human rights record everyone is losing their shit over exterminating stray dogs?

Lol

I dont see what is lol worthy about this. The shit they do to humans is wrong just like what they are doing to the dogs is wrong. Its like since every problem cant be fixed at once no problem is worth worrying about. Russia has been getting tons of shit for their treatment of gays and taking away peoples rights to protest, and they are also deservedly getting shit for how they are dealing with these animals.

In a country with an awful human rights record everyone is losing their shit over exterminating stray dogs?

Lol
Different cultures have different moral values? SHOCKING NEWS

Not saying we should just accept all terrible things in the world but I don't see why this stuff surprises people.

jakncoke

Banned
Manziel is bar none the best QB in the draft until he gets injured and he very likely will. Until then the Texans are making a MJ Sam Bowie mistake by not taking him.

Do you make an effort to wrong at least 10 times a day on subjects? Its quite an impressive feat.

Gondo your dream is alive!
Nate Ulrich ‏ @ NateUlrichABJ 36s
# Browns OC Kyle Shanahan said Brandon Weeden has some really good qualities & is a good thrower.

Daryl Ruiter ‏ @ RuiterWrongFAN 1m
Shanahan coached Brandon Weeden at Senior Bowl; said he has good qualities and can throw the ball well
-
Nate Ulrich ‏ @ NateUlrichABJ 1m
# Browns HC Pettine said he's confident staff can get Mingo to play like No. 6 overall pick. Said organization will push him to gain weight.
Needs to train with Greg

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
A pro level QB being described as "a good thrower" is like a OLineman (or a Cleveland native) being told that they're a good fat person. That's what they're supposed to be.

bionic77

I dont see what is lol worthy about this. The shit they do to humans is wrong just like what they are doing to the dogs is wrong. Its like since every problem cant be fixed at once no problem is worth worrying about. Russia has been getting tons of shit for their treatment of gays and taking away peoples rights to protest, and they are also deservedly getting shit for how they are dealing with these animals.
Don't we just put stray animals to sleep too?

I hate animal cruelty but I will always believe you have to take care of people before you can worry about your animals.

Don't we just put stray animals to sleep too?

I hate animal cruelty but I will always believe you have to take care of people before you can worry about your animals.

There are different kinds of animal shelters no kill and kill. People also complain about the kill shelters in the US. Peta kills basically all the animals that are turned over to them for care as well. I think people are upset with what is happening in Sochi because it seems like these animals are being killed because they are an inconvenience rather then a some huge problem.

jakncoke

Banned
There are different kinds of animal shelters no kill and kill. People also complain about the kill shelters in the US. Peta kills basically all the animals that are turned over to them for care as well. I think people are upset with what is happening in Sochi because it seems like these animals are being killed because they are an inconvenience rather then a some huge problem.

Wouldnt need to have so many dogs/cats needless killed if pet owners took some responsibility and got their animals fixed instead of letting them breed at will. This one drunk doucher down the street let his cat population explode to like 50 cats all running around pissing on things and fucking. Was ridiculous

Wouldnt need to have so many dogs/cats needless killed if pet owners took some responsibility and got their animals fixed instead of letting them breed at will. This one drunk doucher down the street let his cat population explode to like 50 cats all running around pissing on things and fucking. Was ridiculous

Plus all the assholes that just abandon their pets,

jakncoke

Banned
Completely random, but in 2006 Kam Chancellor was a higher rated "Pro Style" QB prospect coming out of High School than Colin Kaepernick:

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/rankings/rank-1143

Other notables on the list:

1. Fat Stafford
2. Mitch Mustain
4. Josh Freeman
11. Greg McIlroy
12. Sam Bradford
14. Christian Ponder
23. Andy Dalton
27. Kam Chancellor
34. Colin Kaepernick

In ways recruiting for college is very much the same crap shoot NFL is.

Also interesting how some NFL qbs started off average star ratings and behind guys that never sniffed a nfl roster

Interesting that Kap is by far the best on that list.

The list of "dual threat" QBs from that year is interesting as well,

http://sports.yahoo.com/footballrec...s/rank-1144;_ylt=AukzAq2nXvo6ISObki6nUh9GPZB4

1. Tim Tebow
3. Jevan Snead
4. Jake Locker
11. Rick Stanzi
15. Nate Davis

A bunch of those other dudes had notable college careers, but not a good list of NFL guys.

In ways recruiting for college is very much the same crap shoot NFL is.

Also interesting how some NFL qbs started off average star ratings and behind guys that never sniffed a nfl roster

There's actually a pretty strong correlation between recruiting ranking and future success. But it does still require development.

jakncoke

Banned
Poor Jevan Snead. Not too often you're considered a 1st round qb in your junior year, come back for your senior then go undrafted. His last team was an Arena team in Tampa Bay

Completely random, but in 2006 Kam Chancellor was a higher rated "Pro Style" QB prospect coming out of High School than Colin Kaepernick:

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/rankings/rank-1143

Other notables on the list:

1. Fat Stafford
2. Mitch Mustain
4. Josh Freeman
11. Greg McIlroy
12. Sam Bradford
14. Christian Ponder
23. Andy Dalton
27. Kam Chancellor
34. Colin Kaepernick
Virginia Tech sucks at developing QB's so he never had a shot, haha. Kam did work out as a QB some at VT but they quickly moved him to CB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom