• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread - Who cares who won we got a draft to prepare for!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Penny

They lost to every decent team they played. That was the easiest schedule ever.

I remember we dominated them in Pittsburgh that year. Our defense broke down at the end of the year though from injuries. Honestly did they beat a good team that year? I don't think they did...

The same year the Steelers ran into a great Broncos team led by Tebow in the playoffs.

Syrinx

Louie is great but man it can get hard to watch sometimes with how awkward things can get. Part of what makes it feel so genuine I guess.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Is there going to be weapons? I'm growing weary of Doom's tactics.

Contraband is in the game, it's up to the prisoners to be resourceful enough to figure out how to steal a fork or something while the guard's away and there's no metal detectors yet. ;P

I'm actually surprised noone's tried yet given the rather lax security so far. Maybe things will get more interesting once the second batch of inmates arrive.

rokkerkory

List for those that missed it:

Houston (2-14)
St. Louis - from Washington (3-13)
Jacksonville (4-12)
Cleveland (4-12)
Oakland (4-12)
Atlanta (4-12)
Tampa Bay (4-12)
Minnesota (5-10-1)
Buffalo (6-10)
Detroit (7-9)
Tennessee (7-9)
New York Giants (7-9)
St. Louis (7-9)
Chicago (8-8)
Pittsburgh (8-8)
Dallas (8-8)
Baltimore (8-8)
New York Jets (8-8)
Miami (8-8)
Arizona (10-6)
Green Bay* (8-7-1)
Philadelphia* (10-6)
Kansas City* (11-5)
Cincinnati* (11-5)
San Diego* (9-7)
Cleveland - from Indianapolis* (11-5)
New Orleans* (11-5)
Carolina* (12-4)
New England* (12-4)
San Francisco* (12-4)
Denver* (13-3)
Seattle* (13-3)

*Playoffs

Note:
Indianapolis -> Cleveland: Trent Richardson
Washington -> St. Louis: Robert Griffin

https://twitter.com/brendanzig/status/430195489753935872
deadg.png

13766796-mmmain.jpg

This happened twice this past season. Once in the pic I posted above, and once against the Packers on a screen pass on the right side of the field where had Bush not dropped it, it would've been an easy TD. Mind you, that game against the Packers we were without Megatrin, Nate Burleson etc and it was still a close game, If Bush catches that screen pass with Warford and Waddle pulling the whole game changes and I think we can win.

This is why I think a speed back being drafted in rounds 1-4 is essential for us this season.

Why take another RB when we already have two speed backs (Bush and Riddick, who I like). Both can catch in the backfield, as can our power back (Bell).

An elite QB doesn't need an onslaught of weapons to be effective. But because Stafford is so pedestrian we have to waste picks giving him more toys.

The SB ring of the Patriots' spy is up for auction

A Super Bowl ring given to the man whose eye was behind the lens of the infamous New England Patriots Spygate scandal is being sold at auction.

Goldin Auctions is selling the Super Bowl XXXIX ring once owned by Matt Estrella, who was an intern with the Patriots at the time.

The current bid for the ring, which will be sold on Friday, is $6,700, including buyer's premium.

On Sept. 9, 2007, Estrella was caught filming the signals of the New York Jets defensive coaches, which is against league rules.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
http://mmqb.si.com/2014/02/05/doug-baldwin-super-bowl-xlviii-seahawks-diary/?eref=sihp

Seattle WR Doug Baldwin said:
1:49 p.m.

N1En5To.jpg

In the banquet room, I sit next to Kam Chancellor, my teammate and close friend. I load up on carbs (pasta) while exchanging defensive and offensive game plans with him. He assures me that our defense knows Peyton Manning’s offense well enough to stop it. I assure him our wide receivers can’t be covered. He tells me their goals on defense. I tell him our goal as receivers is to make Marshawn Lynch the MVP. I remind him that if Marshawn wins it, everything has worked out like we planned it. Then something catches our attention. The TV sitting adjacent to us is airing ESPN Sunday NFL Countdown, and the analysts are making their Super Bowl predictions. Ray Lewis is the only one of the four picking us to win it. Suzy Kolber, Steve Young and Trent Dilfer all picked against us. Kam and I look at each other, and without saying a word, we take our phones and capture that moment. The fire that was already intensely burning inside is now being stoked. I have to contain it. When I look at my brother Kam’s face, I see anger exuding from his pores. I’m sure he can see the same from mine. I head back to my room.
lol

So reading over the amazon Double Helix thread it sounds like the people who worked on KI are staying at MS, so amazon just bought the Double Helix name for the most part. I dont get that at all. I had thought that once Strider was done MS would buy DH. I guess continue working on KI with the same people.

bionic77

What kind of lawyer are you?

I'd assume personal injury cause your style would fit perfectly.

But I'd hope you're doing criminal defense cause that would make this sentence hilarious.
Personal injury mostly.

Always loved trial work but can't stomach the idea of criminal defense or prosecution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom