• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread - Who cares who won we got a draft to prepare for!

Status
Not open for further replies.

squicken

Spags is fine as a DB coach. That's his level. Position coach. But making him assistant head coach? That's crazy. What is he going to help with? Literally what not to do at every turn?

Now that Gaines is gone there wasn't a single high ranking official at senior bowl practices or the game lol Where the fuck was Philbin, fuck I wish Ross would have cleaned house.

Now that Gaines is gone there wasn't a single high ranking official at senior bowl practices or the game lol Where the fuck was Philbin, fuck I wish Ross would have cleaned house.

Listening to pods, it sounds like outside of scouts, most coaches and GMs were only there for a day of practice anyway since everything is on tape.

Listening to pods, it sounds like outside of scouts, most coaches and GMs were only there for a day of practice anyway since everything is on tape.

That's what I figured but I keep hearing how it's important to meet and talk to the players...I don't know with this team anymore, such a cluster fuck

You guys should wait for actual announcements before you get sprung. Especially considering the existing anniversary had no MP so if this one doesn't either, will you give a shit?

Bread

Banned
You guys should wait for actual announcements before you get sprung. Especially considering the existing anniversary had no MP so if this one doesn't either, will you give a shit?
They changed the physics of Reach's multiplayer a lot for the release of Anniversary, and released map packs. So that's not completely true that it didn't have multiplayer.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet

The Steelers sent everyone: scouts, coaches and gm. They also interviewed over 50 players. Not every team can just scout from film like the lolphins.

They changed the physics of Reach's multiplayer a lot for the release of Anniversary, and released map packs. So that's not completely true that it didn't have multiplayer.

You know what I mean. I don't want to get my hopes up until they announce it. It was the golden age of Halo. The only reason to hold out hope which someone pointed out in that thread, is that they said we're getting Halo and dedicated servers for it this year. So hopefully we just misinterpreted it as Halo 5 and this will be the case. I can't even begin to imagine intact Halo 2 MP without cheaters....

squicken

You know what I mean. I don't want to get my hopes up until they announce it. It was the golden age of Halo. The only reason to hold out hope which someone pointed out in that thread, is that they said we're getting Halo and dedicated servers for it this year. So hopefully we just misinterpreted it as Halo 5 and this will be the case. I can't even begin to imagine intact Halo 2 MP without cheaters....

Or that they fired the people that made Halo 4. I loved Bungle Halo and couldn't get through 2 levels of Halo 4. It was garbage

Or that they fired the people that made Halo 4. I loved Bungle Halo and couldn't get through 2 levels of Halo 4. It was garbage

Eh, I felt Bungie lost their way before they handed it over. Reach was no where near as good a MP experience as 2 and 3 with 2 being the cream of the crop. Halo 4 was 343's first attempt and a few of the guys over there have posted on GAF for years and I know that they actually listen to the community and care. They've stated they've learned a lot from the experience and I believe them. Does this mean Halo 5 will be back to form and amazing? No, but I'm willing to give them a chance. If they blow Halo 5 then it may be time to move on. Frankie, I believe in you and your boys! Knock it out of the park!
but fuck your sea chickens!

slabrock

Banned
lol just noticed that Rod Marinelli is the new DC in Dallas, to go along with Scott Linehan as passing game coordinator/playcaller. So is Mooch gonna become the Head Coach and call themselves Detroit South?

Bread

Banned
I guess I'm in the minority in that I've played all Halos extensively and don't dislike Reach. It may have the shitty armor abilities and bloom, but it still has the Halo feel. 4's multiplayer is an abomination and it belongs in the same ditch as E.T.

squicken

Eh, I felt Bungie lost their way before they handed it over. Reach was no where near as good a MP experience as 2 and 3 with 2 being the cream of the crop. Halo 4 was 343's first attempt and a few of the guys over there have posted on GAF for years and I know that they actually listen to the community and care. They've stated they've learned a lot from the experience and I believe them. Does this mean Halo 5 will be back to form and amazing? No, but I'm willing to give them a chance. If they blow Halo 5 then it may be time to move on. Frankie, I believe in you and your boys! Knock it out of the park!

That's fair. I thought Reach was a slog in campaign at times. Too much Firefight as Campaign set pieces.

Talon

The thing I loved the most about Halo were those perfectly framed set pieces like the very first level in Halo 3. For all its talk about openness, the game shined the most when you had a concise set of conditions and the right amount of cover and weapons to basically clear area-by-area.

squicken

I'm crying tears of joy right now.

Absolutely. The Rams are better today than they were yesterday. Baby steps but it is at least something. I wonder how it will change the draft. He likes to use his safeties to blitz, and STL really doesn't have a good blitzing safety like Mikell was in 2012

I should add in that I quite enjoyed the SP of Reach and it was just the MP that took a massive drop in quality. Sage brought some awful implementations that ruined it's MP. I was also one of the few that defended much of 4's SP at least in terms of story. The complaints that you need to read the books to understand the plot are bullshit and I am intrigued with where 343 will take the narrative. I'd like greater variety in the enemies and better implementation there as the Prometheans more or less just felt like damage sponges.

Eleuin

but fuck your sea chickens!
hopefully no more of this nonsense
wheelchair-620x350.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom