• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread - Who cares who won we got a draft to prepare for!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JABEE

Doubtful, I think people like to make drama.

Reading the thread, it looks like he the junior was trying to bait CBOAT into using a codename he was told, which is most likely one that was fed to him as a way to smoke him out.

The other leaker just posted some farfetched rumor about a special edition of the Halo 2 Anniversary Edition coming with Halo 3 and 4 for XB1.

I think this Junior not only smoked out CBOAT, but he also had us all believing his leaks.

Someone looked up his screen name too. It sucks that CBOAT may get shit after all of his years of quality leaks. If you go back to the Xbox 360 he was 100% accurate on the Xbox 360 and its hardware specs/hard drive configuration.

RIP CBOAT

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
I'd say this is an accurate synopsis of Gabbert. He can get the ball there physically but his mental game sucks. He's jittery in the pocket and doesn't trust his line, and struggles to read a defense.

Maybe Gata or Tamanon can correct me on this but Gabbert has a noddle arm. Maybe in the college game his arm seemed stronger against a weak college division, but the guy is one of the biggest busts in the last 15 years in terms of QBs. He is horrible in every aspect; arm strength, accuracy, pocket presence etc.

The best thing Gabbert has produced in the NFL is the gif of Chad Henne wondering why the hell he was backing up Gabbert:

hennelol2_medium_medium.gif

The strongest arms in the league right now are in the NFC North. Rodgers, Stafford and Cutler can throw the ball at the flick of a wrist at lighting speed.

These two videos, from the same game against the Chiefs in 2011, show the difference between Matthew Cassel and Matthew Stafford in terms of arm strength and accuracy. Stafford throws the ball into triple coverage, to Nate Burleson, precisely where the ball needed to be placed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTWvY-ujuVw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_I5EKWEX8XY

Only about 3-4 people in the world can make a throw like that. Rodgers, Cutler and Brees. Drew is getting older so he won't be able to do it much longer.

Can't wait till we get Stafford a solid #2 receiver in this draft opposite of Megatron.

I hope that Last Guardian comes out just so people can shut up about it.

It's like the Jets.

Everyone thinks is going to be good based off of absolutely nothing but hot hair and the rest of us have to hear about it every goddamn year regardless.

Oh look it's a little boy and a bird/chicken/dog. So innovative!

jWILL253

Banned
The craziest part about all of this, is that Microsoft seems to be more concerned with smoking out a leak just so they can continue to pull the wool over everyone's eyes with their bullshit, instead of focusing on serving their customers and bringing great games to their console.

Shit is gross. Imagine if CBoaT had not been there with the leaks about the ONE. Imagine the shitstorm that would've ensued if everyone purchased that console as Microsoft originally intended it. SMH...

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Ugh Robocop trailer still angers me. "Half man, half machine".....he's supposed to be like 99% machine!

I also wonder sometimes whether or not developers got caught with their pants down with the PS4 because they had hedged their bets with the Xbone before the sales figures came out.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
I hope that Last Guardian comes out just so people can shut up about it.

It's like the Jets.

Everyone thinks is going to be good based off of absolutely nothing but hot hair and the rest of us have to hear about it every goddamn year regardless.

Oh look it's a little boy and a bird/chicken/dog. So innovative!

Except its not based on absolutely nothing. ICO and SotC are two of the most critically games of there era, and possibly all time, depending on your opinion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gu_Wcx_FFo&list=PL301ADE06750F7347

I still get goosebumps when I hear the SOTC OST and ICO.

The development cycle of TLG probably got screwed up because of the difficulity of the CELL architecture of the PS3. Its why we only got one shitty Final Fantasy and a solid, but disappointing MGS.

What have the Jests done since the Namath Superbowl other than the buttfumble?

The more that thread goes on, the less inclined I am to believe any of it.

Also, Team America is on TV which has nothing to do with gaming but its still fucking hilarious so yeah...

wow cboat got found out?? that's fucked up, gaming side ruins lives

He didnt get found out. Someone was just trying to make an excuse for why he was wrong again, and so they decided that someone at MS gave him fake Titnalfall info so that he would post it and then they would know who the leaker is. There is no evidence at all so far that is what happened.

He didnt get found out. Someone was just trying to make an excuse for why he was wrong again, and so they decided that someone at MS gave him fake Titnalfall info so that he would post it and then they would know who the leaker is. There is no evidence at all so far that is what happened.

oh ok...games are serious business lol

LJ11

Gabbert was awful at Mizzou and had some talent around him. The dude never progressed through his reads, some of the worst pocket presence I've ever witnessed, everything was short quick throws. No fucking clue how guys like Lombardi and Mayock saw him as the number one QB. He looked like a turd.

Spent a couple of hours watching Brandin Cooks. Heard a lot about him during the season, tried to watch a couple of Oregon St games but I would either tune into another game or something would come up and I wasn't able to watch. Hype is real. Small guy, bigger DBs will give him some trouble, but he has tremendous quickness. His legs are a blur, Sproles like. Eats cushion up like you wouldn't believe, gets over the top of DBs that are playing ten yards off, which helps him work the ball on curls/outs. He works underneath a bunch, for a 5'10 guy the slant is there for him quite often. His foot quickness allows him to turn a DB every which way when they're in press coverage, I would say he's good route runner but can improve. Great speed and acceleration, knows where defenders are at the catch point and understands where the open grass is. Sets up defenders one way, and spins the other after the catch, great after catch ability. Lots of wiggle, very good vision, and seems to keep speed while making cuts or turns. Does a good job working against zone coverage, breaking off his route or sitting it down. Targeted in the red zone a bunch, he goes over the middle well for a guy his size.

Draw backs are size, tries to do too much sometimes after the catch leading to negative plays or lost yards, drops on contested catches though he does attack the football which is a positive i failed to mention above.

He's a good fucking player, really really good, give me!

:jnc. Fucking nerd drama.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Apparently, someone tried to go detective-gaf on cboat in that l4d3 thread. I didn't get there until a bunch of posts got deleted.

jakncoke

Banned
We shouldn't do this two thread thing again.....

Anything to confuse the casuals the better. Cant wait for the Browns to draft Derek Carr :)

edit; malcolm and his brothers are big time squickens. into season 7 now and ive seen colts, raiders, ravens stuff all on his walls over the years

Bread

Banned
the gaf Rust server is being wiped tomorrow so now is the time to buy it and create an nflgaf kingdom with me and my best friend eznark!

MechDX

http://www.cardchronicle.com/2014/1...-draft-charlie-strong-and-the-upcoming-season

On why it's important to him to be the No. 1 pick:

"I've been purpose-driven my whole life, and I've had to make many sacrifices. Whether it was not going to school to take care of my mom when she was going through breast cancer treatment or telling the University of Louisville that I didn't want a Heisman campaign, because I've always been taught to sacrifice personal glory for team success. I just feel that with all my sacrifices and everything, that this is the time. I just want to be that guy."

With that one line BOB just got QB wood.

Welcome to Houston Teddy!

Narag

Sapp vs Strahan continues.

“I can’t make a man respect me, but I will stop him from disrespecting me — I tell you that,” Sapp told Newsday on Wednesday evening. “It was about his resume; I wasn’t talking about the man. . . . I don’t understand. He still can’t rush that right end. Three years, 12 sacks!”

Sapp reiterated his position that he didn’t make it personal about Straham in comments to Jim Rome. By of course making it personal.

“He took it to a level that it didn’t need to be,” Sapp told Rome. “I was just talking about his resume. I didn’t say anything about his gap tooth or his ‘S’ words or his ‘F’ words that I don’t understand. What the hell he is saying? So if he wants to go personal we can go personal, but I was just stacking his resume against the class.”

Sapp also took offense with the notion that he’s a coward.

“Pick the spot and I’ll come see you and you can have a dose of it,” Sapp said. “If you think that’s what it is, pick the spot and I’ll come see you.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/01/29/sapp-fires-back-at-strahan/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom