• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread - Who cares who won we got a draft to prepare for!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm unsure about QB. Remedy gonna Remedy but I'm not sure how the whole tv aspect is gonna mesh with the game. Also I bet QB is gonna be 2015.

Its Remedy. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt. I agree though, I'd be stunned if they actually hit a release date target.

The rest of the rumors are "eh". More Halo, more Forza. Expected. Even Halo 2 Anniversary if it materializes. Foregone conclusion really after the first and I never expected Halo 5 this year.

New Crackdown would be fucking great as long as its nothing like 2 .

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
I regret getting the white SG4, black all the way.

I'll be upgrading my phone in the next month, and dents and dings just just show way to much on white electronics, so no white phone for me. My OG 360 would get dirty even if I didn't move the thing around.

Anyone else think its a weird coincidence we get these Xbone leaks around the same time Nintendo is about to make some huge decisions regarding their future? I'm glad I waited on my next gen decision unlike last gen (though the $600 PS3 made my choice easy). Halo 2 HD could be a system seller for me.

“He took it to a level that it didn’t need to be,” Sapp told Rome. “I was just talking about his resume. I didn’t say anything about his gap tooth or his ‘S’ words or his ‘F’ words that I don’t understand. What the hell he is saying? So if he wants to go personal we can go personal, but I was just stacking his resume against the class.”

Sapp also took offense with the notion that he’s a coward.

“Pick the spot and I’ll come see you and you can have a dose of it,” Sapp said. “If you think that’s what it is, pick the spot and I’ll come see you

YES. DO IT

Halo sucks shit.
Poor guy, did you experience such an abundance of tea bags that only FMT could appreciate?
More excited about Quantum Break and Sunset Overdrive supposed release dates.

Quantum Break is the XBO game I'm most intrigued with yet announced, I absolutely loved Alan Wake. Hell, I enjoyed Alan Wake so much that I watched Twin Peaks because I heard the game was heavily inspired by the show and I ended up loving that too :D Thank you, Remedy!

eznark

Banned
Poor guy, did you experience such an abundance of tea bags that only FMT could appreciate?

Quantum Break is the XBO game I'm most intrigued with yet announced, I absolutely loved Alan Wake. Hell, I enjoyed Alan Wake so much that I watched Twin Peaks because I heard it was heavily inspired by the show and I ended up loving that too :D Thank you, Remedy!

Thankfully I never spent much time playing the 12 year olds simplified shooter of choice.

MK-CJ573_COUNT_G_20140126221502.jpg

And Goodell wants to go to 18 games.

I'm not even sure this trend of 'bigger, faster, stronger" is sustainable with 16.

jWILL253

Banned
3 days after midnight until we find our new bad guy. Go Hawks.

I will be paying extra attention to the Browns this off-season. I want to see Michael Lombardi complete his descent into Matt Millen territory...

Greg

Counter Strike is the all time GOAT.

ez its okay if Halo isn't for you. Play some DOTA2 instead.
I have nothing against CS, but FPS games are shit in comparison to a well-done TPS

TPS games add another layer of strategy by being able to manipulate the camera

Here is a list of the former Raiders playing in the Superbowl...everyone seems to do better once they leave Oakland...

Broncos:

S Michael Huff - Raiders former seventh overall pick in 2006. He spent the first seven years of his NFL career as the full time starter for the Raiders. He was released prior to last season, signed with Ravens, was cut, and then joined the Broncos as a reserve safety.

QB coach Greg Knapp - The team's quarterbacks coach, he spent two stints with the Raiders as offensive coordinator (2007-08, 2012).

Seahawks:

LB Chris Clemons - After his first two seasons in Washington, he signed with the Raiders in 2007 and revived his career. He went on to play for the Eagles for two seasons and has now been a fulltime starter for the Seahawks for the past four seasons, averaging nearly double digits in sacks (9.5) over that time.

OG/OT Paul McQuistan - Former third round pick for the Raiders, spent his first four seasons with the team. He has been a full time starter with the Seahawks the past three seasons.

TE Zach Miller - Former second round pick by the Raiders, he was their leading receiver for three seasons before leaving as a free agent to sign with the Seahawks. He has been in Seattle for the past three seasons.

OL coach/Asst HC Tom Cable - He was promoted from offensive line coach to interim head coach of the Raiders in 2008 when the team fired Lane Kiffin. The interim tag was removed and he remained head coach for two more seasons after that before being replaced by Hue Jackson. He immediately was hired to coach the offensive line in Seattle and has since added the title of assistant head coach under Pete Carroll.

Ahsan Rasheed ‏@thuway 36m

The information CBOAT is posting, I can back it up. Working on second source. Also 360 version TitanFall looks better than expected.

2 different people from Respawn have said its not true. You would have to be nuts to believe Cboat or thuway now.

Don't they both share the same sources? Or was that mortimer?

I don't really care about all these insider wars and such. I just like watching gaming side go down in flames.

Would you being saying that if he were a playstation insider who falsely claimed of yield issues on the PS4?

What? The PS4 shipped 4.3m and the XB1 shipped 3.9m in the same time frame. Neither one had any yield issues. I think any "insiders" that are wrong this much should be discredited. I hate that people still will use Cboat to make a point. Bish even threatened to ban him over fake leaks. This has nothing to do with either company, hell Cboat was wrong about the PS4 launch month as well.

What? The PS4 shipped 4.3m and the XB1 shipped 3.9m in the same time frame. Neither one had any yield issues. I think any "insiders" that are wrong this much should be discredited. I hate that people still will use Cboat to make a point. Bish even threatened to ban him over fake leaks. This has nothing to do with either company, hell Cboat was wrong about the PS4 launch month as well.

You seem to take a special pleasure in an insider being wrong about problems with the X1. Would you be this happy if this insider was instead wrong about problems with the PS4?

You seem to take a special pleasure in an insider being wrong about problems with the X1. Would you be this happy if this insider was instead wrong about problems with the PS4?

YES! I hate Cboats stupid shtick more then anything but yes if someone was here pretending to be a Sony insider and kept getting things wrong it would be great to see them publicly proven wrong. Hell same for a Nintendo insider. I am really surprised that the idea of a fake insider doesnt bother people more.

YES! I hate Cboats stupid shtick more then anything but yes if someone was here pretending to be a Sony insider and kept getting things wrong it would be great to see them publicly proven wrong. Hell same for a Nintendo insider. I am really surprised that the idea of a fake insider doesnt bother people more.

If the mods had any inclination he wasn't who he said he was he would have been banned ages ago.

Tamanon

Banned
I'm not so sure CBOAT is wrong, but we'll see.

Not sure what's too exciting about the XBOne leaks though, seems that a lot of games are coming in 2015, which is a long fucking time away.

Godslay

Banned
I'm not so sure CBOAT is wrong, but we'll see.

Not sure what's too exciting about the XBOne leaks though, seems that a lot of games are coming in 2015, which is a long fucking time away.

I thought the Halo 2 leak was interesting. I really enjoyed the multiplayer back in the day. So I wouldn't mind taking it for a spin at 1080P with a better network connection. Probably my 2nd most played game of all time, right behind the original StarCraft.

Basically.

I'd like to see this college analysis done for clear busts like Gabbert to see if there was any indication he'd fail so spectacularly.

I thought people were really talking him up before the draft but it is so hard to remember for sure. I thought Ponder was seen as more of a reach.

I thought people were really talking him up before the draft but it is so hard to remember for sure. I thought Ponder was seen as more of a reach.

You're remembering correctly.

Code:
Strengths:
Quick release and fluid throwing motion
Top shelf arm strength and velocity
Ideal NFL frame
Relatively mobile for his size
Able to properly lead receivers
Very accurate with short range throws 

Weaknesses:
Product of spread offense
Must learn to go through progressions
Limited experience under center
Needs to work on pocket presence
Only two years as starter

I'd say this is an accurate synopsis of Gabbert. He can get the ball there physically but his mental game sucks. He's jittery in the pocket and doesn't trust his line, and struggles to read a defense.

Just looking at it I think the scouting report nails him.

I can't help but wonder if less QBs would bust if they were protected better. Aside from guys like Manning who had God Tier mental acumen and instincts for the game, most existing franchise QBs were protected from early mistakes by the team around them:

Brady
Ben
Eli
Rivers

How could Gabbert ever succeed being drafted to the Jags, who have next to nothing talent wise?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom