• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread - Who cares who won we got a draft to prepare for!

Status
Not open for further replies.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=764867

When anyone ever talks about a professional spring football league, eyes begin to roll and old stories of the World Football League (1970′s), the USFL (1980′s) and the XFL (1990′s) begin to surface. But those leagues did not exist in an era when football was so immensely popular and that’s where the A-11 Football League hopes to cash in.

The eight-team league will include a Bay Area team, the Sea Lions, and is likely to feature a player well known to all — Tim Tebow. The former University of Florida, Broncos and Jets quarterback is currently working for A-11 FL’s broadcast partner, ESPN.

Tebow will likely play for the Tampa Bay Bandits and be the face of the league.

“We would love to have Tim Tebow join our league,” said CEO and Commissioner Scott McKibben.
“Tim Tebow stands for everything we think the game ought to represent – character, values and role-modeling for young players.”

Tebow could even headline the league’s first showcase game on May 17 at Raymond James Stadium in Tampa. A second showcase game is planned on June 5 in the Cotton Bowl in Dallas. A 14-game season is then scheduled to start in spring of 2015.

Teams include the Bay Area Sea Lions, Los Angeles Express, New Jersey Generals, Dallas Wranglers, Chicago Staggs and Tampa Bay Bandits. The A-11FL bought all the old USFL team names like the Express, Generals and Bandits.

Two more teams will be added later and one of them will likely be in Denver.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
I'll fight a snitch any day.

STREET JUSTICE!

q0CM0rQ.gif

JABEE

I think I'll save gata for when we open the max security cell block.
Smart move, though craftiness is not one of his strong suits. It doesn't take a devious mind to be a snitch. He would need protection from the rest of the prisoners though. Put him in along side the high profile prisoners and sex offenders.

Furyous

*Cuban Bs everything from the last few pages*

I want to pre-emptively thank Houston and Jacksonville in the hopes that they follow ESPN mock drafts. Am I the only one rooting for Houston to take Johnny Football for the swagger alone. JF scoring a touchdown and signing an autograph in a Texans jersey will be the greatest TD celebration in years. Seriously, nothing screams 'Murica like a wild and free Johnny Football. If JVille takes Blake then Teddy will be ours. If we pick up a number one wide receiver I might float into the sky.

CardsGAF, who are we drafting? I'm pouring over tape of QBs looking for a good backup to Carson.

JABEE

LMAO, I love all these cat .gifs you have.

Also, this thread isn't safe, we got snitches (Gata). I'm going underground until the Combine.

Go Hawks.
No one wants to go to Underground NFL-GAF. Few souls return from the land of snes and real chan.

*Cuban Bs everything from the last few pages*

I want to pre-emptively thank Houston and Jacksonville in the hopes that they follow ESPN mock drafts. Am I the only one rooting for Houston to take Johnny Football for the swagger alone. JF scoring a touchdown and signing an autograph in a Texans jersey will be the greatest TD celebration in years. Seriously, nothing screams 'Murica like a wild and free Johnny Football. If JVille takes Blake then Teddy will be ours. If we pick up a number one wide receiver I might float into the sky.

CardsGAF, who are we drafting? I'm pouring over tape of QBs looking for a good backup to Carson.

I thought you were a CLE fan?

As for Cards, there's a lot of buzz that we may address LT in FA but pretending FA doesn't exist, I'd think we go LT in the first round with Mathews, Lewan, or Robinson though Lewan is the only one with a chance of falling and still is unlikely he makes it past Miami. If these guys are gone and Barr and Mack are gone as expected, I say whichever CB is left between Dennard and Gilbert.

The second round we go with ASJ (TE) if he's available otherwise BPA. I'd like us to get the best SS possible in the third or even second if Bucannon or Pryor are somehow still there. I could see us going with Mettenberger in the fourth or third if the team thinks he won't make it to the fourth to groom behind Carson for a year or two. We have a team option to keep Carson for 2015 if we choose it so wouldn't be surprised if we roll with Carson for two more seasons and then hand the reins over. I think we get more line depth and if we don't address it in FA, a new kicker and also a speed receiver.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
This is literally the best time to get banned though so it's not a huge issue.

The draft is basically three months away....ugh.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
What happens if Gata and Dragon snitch on each other at the same time? End of the world?

Two fewer Pats fans so I just see a brighter future.

edit: It's also ironic that the team with the cameras has the most fans that like to snitch!

What do Giants and Eagles GAffers think about Nicks and Maclin, there're ideas that the Raiders might target them as FA to bolster our WR group... I'd like to hear their takes on them...

JABEE

What do Giants and Eagles GAffers think about Nicks and Maclin, there're ideas that the Raiders might target them as FA to bolster our WR group... I'd like to hear their takes on them...
Maclin is a really good receiver. He has speed and great hands. He's a deep threat too. I hope the Eagles can keep him.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I bet JABEE is the snitch. He's the loudest one crying about it.

Iggles fans cheer for injuries, light cars on fire, vomit on 9 year old kids, go directly to jail without collecting $200, and punch Santa Clause in the junk.

But they never snitch.

mostly because there's too much dirt on them

JABEE

Bionic is a leading member of the Anti-Patriots league. His demise is no coincidence! No matter what the Gata will have you believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom