• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Pre-Preseason Thread |OT| Milana Vayntrub presents "Wet Dreaming of a Super Bowl"

Crisco

Banned
Obligatory,

ylyRDaZ.gif

Jarnet87

I'm rewatching some of True Detectives s1 :")

was gonna rewatch 1 before 2 started, now just gonna wait. Season 2 has been mediocre with a few high spots. By this time season 1 we were deeper into the story and had that awesome ending to episode 3 where they introduce to us the monster that is Reggie Ledoux.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
A long form breakdown of Matthew Stafford's 2014 season. In which, the author gives kas a new scapegoat.

In 2011, Stafford posted a 67.9 percent completion percentage, and he threw 38 touchdowns and 12 interceptions to go along with a 104.5 NFL QB Rating throwing with no pressure. When he was pressured, he threw for a 46 percent completion percentage, and he threw six touchdowns and six interceptions to go with a 68.0 NFL QB Rating.

In 2012, Stafford posted a 64.4 percent completion percentage, and he threw 15 touchdowns and 13 interceptions to go along with an 85.3 NFL QB Rating throwing with no pressure. When he was pressured, he threw for a 45.4 percent completion percentage, and he threw five touchdowns and four interceptions to go with a 62.4 NFL QB Rating.

In 2013, Stafford posted a 63.1 percent completion percentage, and he threw 26 touchdowns and 12 interceptions to go along with a 95.2 NFL QB Rating throwing with no pressure. When he was pressured, he threw for a 45.5 percent completion percentage, and he threw three touchdowns and seven interceptions to go with a 52.9 NFL QB Rating.

In 2014, a year where a new offense was installed and there was a clear regression, Stafford posted a 67.8 percent completion percentage, and he threw 14 touchdowns and nine interceptions to go along with a 90.8 NFL QB Rating throwing with no pressure. When he was pressured, he threw for a 41.3 percent completion percentage, and he threw nine touchdowns and four interceptions to go with a 71.8 NFL QB Rating.

Stafford held the ball too long last year and he faced too much pressure. In 2011, the Lions faced pressure on 20.6 percent to their passing plays. In 2012 the number went to 23.2 percent. In 2013 it was 22.5 percent and last year it was 26.2 percent.

Before kas starts comparing Fatford to Big Ben, I give you this additional #jakstat.

Pro Football Focus @PFF

In 2014 Ben Roethlisberger's QB rating under pressure was 120.3.

28 points better than any other QB
8:30 AM - 9 Jun 2015

Godslay

Banned
Who are your training camp sleepers?

For me it's a toss up between two guys, Kenny Anunike and Cody Latimer.

Anunike is will be fighting for a practice squad spot initially, but I think he could pull through to the 53 man roster if Antonio Smith doesn't make it back. He's smaller but explosive on the line and gives guards trouble. I'm hoping he shines and gets a shot.

Latimer will have a bigger role in the offense this year and I think he'll take advantage of it. Especially with DT lagging behind due to not being able to make a deal.

As far as camp busts, I think is going to be someone on the offensive line. I wouldn't be surprised if one of the young guys out plays some of the newer signings they've signed. Or vice versa. I think we'll see some shuffling before it's all said and done.

squicken

I know you guys hate soccer, but that header by Dempsey was pretty cool. Awesome reaction time on a ricochet

e: Training camp, for me, is all about the state of JFF and Bradford. Hard Knocks should be fun, too. Watt and BOB will make for compelling viewing

Malalaw

Great....more blood. Thinking about just waiting and seeing if this is a one time thing or what. Not going back to hospital again yet.

Top Bottom