• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Pre-Preseason Thread |OT| Milana Vayntrub presents "Wet Dreaming of a Super Bowl"

I'm also really excited to Kelvin Benjamin line up opposite of Devin Funchess. They're both slower than ideal outside receivers (I'm not buying these reportes about Funchess being sneaky fast, the video of him running I saw he might as well have been Tom Brady), but they're gigantic dudes with big catch radiuses.

jbug617

Banned
America-Gifs-hetalias-alfred-f-jones-america-31546788-464-254.gif

I don't like where this is going

cdyhybrid

How many football-related posts will Bread make between now and the start of the season?

Over/under is 0.5, betting is now open.

Dolphins passed on possible Hall of Famer this offseason; Heat's search for a shooter; Canes football, Marlins, Panthers arena update

WEDNESDAY BUZZ COLUMN

Asking and answering:

### What seven-time Pro Bowler had interest in joining the Dolphins this offseason but never received a phone call from them?

Andre Johnson, the former All-Pro receiver who attended Miami High and UM.

Playing for the Dolphins “was something I thought about,” Johnson told me at the recent UM Hall of Fame fishing tournament in Islamorada. “I always had a dream of playing at home. I was a huge Dolphins fan. But they never called.”

Even though playing here appealed to him, Johnson said he's not angry with the Dolphins because “I understand the business side. I have a good situation” in Indianapolis, which signed him for three years and $21 million.

Johnson, 33, caught 85 passes for 936 yards for Houston last season after catching 109 for 1407 the previous year --- despite not having a great quarterback. His six receptions per game is best in NFL history and his 85 receiving yards per game is second-highest ever.

If Miami had signed him instead of Greg Jennings, it would have had one of the NFL’s best receiver groups: Johnson, DeVante Parker, Jarvis Landry and Kenny Stills.

But on the flip side, Miami also would have $5 million less in cap space. Johnson’s cap hit is $7.5 million, Jennings’ $2.5 million. Miami has $11 million in space, says the NFLPA web site, though that seems a bit high.

Top Bottom