• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Pre-Preseason Thread |OT| Milana Vayntrub presents "Wet Dreaming of a Super Bowl"

Hang in there Mal

I know you guys hate soccer, but that header by Dempsey was pretty cool. Awesome reaction time on a ricochet

e: Training camp, for me, is all about the state of JFF and Bradford. Hard Knocks should be fun, too. Watt and BOB will make for compelling viewing

I still love soccer. But the people have spoken. If no more soccer talk means no more anime too, I'll gladly take my admiration of footy and Alex Morgan elsewhere.

As for people to watch at training camp, it's none other than Swagfather, Icon, Football Legend, Cameron Jerrell Newton himself. This is the healthiest he's been coming into a season, maybe in his pro career. This is the most skill position talent he's had in Carolina. He's now officially the man and getting paid like it. I want to see immediate results.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Who are your training camp sleepers?

Don't know if I'd call them sleepers, but I'll pick a lineman from each side of the ball.

Alejandro Villanueva is a former captain in the Army and a Ranger. He's bounced around the league a little bit, trying to find a position. The Steelers are trying to turn him into a tackle. He has the work ethic and size (6'9" 330+) to be something special. He's recently married and easy to root for. He's pretty old to be learning new tricks, though.

Clifton Geathers was signed by the Steelers in the middle of last year after having bounced around in the league, as well. Also possessing tremendous size (6'8" 300), it's possible that d-line coach John Mitchell can get him moving in the right direction. I've seen him do more with less.

Neither guy is possessing the wonder that comes with a rookie straight out of college. They both know this is probably their last chance to play in the league long term. Let's see if this can motivate them into helping the Pittsburgh Steelers to be the best they can be.

Message from President Grover Cleveland

33876-wide.jpg

Uh

Don't know if I'd call them sleepers, but I'll pick a lineman from each side of the ball.

Alejandro Villanueva is a former captain in the Army and a Ranger. He's bounced around the league a little bit, trying to find a position. The Steelers are trying to turn him into a tackle. He has the work ethic and size (6'9" 330+) to be something special. He's recently married and easy to root for. He's pretty old to be learning new tricks, though.

Clifton Geathers was signed by the Steelers in the middle of last year after having bounced around in the league, as well. Also possessing tremendous size (6'8" 300), it's possible that d-line coach John Mitchell can get him moving in the right direction. I've seen him do more with less.

Neither guy is possessing the wonder that comes with a rookie straight out of college. They both know this is probably their last chance to play in the league long term. Let's see if this can motivate them into helping the Pittsburgh Steelers to be the best they can be.

I agree with your sleepers. I think Holliman is a good choice too. I don't see the Steelers cutting him unless his tackling is as awful as...well reported.

Godslay

Banned

6'9" 330 just seems absurd to think about. Probably as strong as an ox, and pretty fast for that size too.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
I didn't vote for that guy. I demand the release of King Wes!

e -

I agree with your sleepers. I think Holliman is a good choice too. I don't see the Steelers cutting him unless his tackling is as awful as...well reported.

Tell Holliman to just grab a limb and hang on. Let Shamarko or MM do the hitting.

MRSA

Banned
Fuck you wienke I'm moving to nflgaf-canada

All hail noodle

So you're relinquishing American citizenship? Excellent.

Oh by the way, Grova was the one that nominated me to a dual role of Chief Justice of the Supreme Court and Secretary of Defense.

For camp sleepers....anyone dressed as a linebacker....seriously please just anyone step up, we need you :(

For camp duds....Dallas Thomas, fuck him.

Godslay

Banned
I'm still a pats fan so that makes me more American than you

East coast people from the north are more European/Canadian than the real Americans out west. That's why Dutch and MilkJong are Pats fans.

Executive Order from Grover will make this insight law.

Bread

Banned
Remember that time Malcolm Butler picked off Russell Wilson to seal the super bowl?

**** 4 star play in my book

Top Bottom