• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Pre-Preseason Thread |OT| Milana Vayntrub presents "Wet Dreaming of a Super Bowl"

Gigglepoo

Does anyone in here not have cable or a satellite dish? I have Comcast only for sports (NFL and NBA) and would rather not spend $100+ each month if I don't have to. But I'm not sure if it's even possible to watch most games each week (I'd need ESPN, NFL Network, and Redzone Channel) without subscribing to an overpriced service.

If anyone has cut the cable and has tips, I'd love to hear them. Luckily, I live in the Bay Area so I'll get every Niners game with an antenna, but I'd be lost without the other channels.

I thought buying the NFL Package for PS4 would be an option, but that doesn't have RZ for some reason. The NFL really is run by morons.

I just bought an Xbox Saturday!

If it's your only next-gen console, I hope for your sake you made the right choice. If you also have a PS4, I envy you your luxury of choice. Anyway, enjoy!

mech and yankee are avid xbones bread as well. hell didnt yankee buy star wars angry birds lol

I just quickly glanced over to the Gaming side for a sec and saw the word 'Esports' in a thread title somewhere. Had to get out brah.

Godslay

Banned
Does anyone in here not have cable or a satellite dish? I have Comcast only for sports (NFL and NBA) and would rather not spend $100+ each month if I don't have to. But I'm not sure if it's even possible to watch most games each week (I'd need ESPN, NFL Network, and Redzone Channel) without subscribing to an overpriced service.

If anyone has cut the cable and has tips, I'd love to hear them. Luckily, I live in the Bay Area so I'll get every Niners game with an antenna, but I'd be lost without the other channels.

I thought buying the NFL Package for PS4 would be an option, but that doesn't have RZ for some reason. The NFL really is run by morons.

I cut the cord two years ago roughly.

The first year worked out well as I had the Madden 25 card to stream online. Most Broncos games were in my area and I had Verizon for Thursday and Monday night games, plus RZ. I also had rewind for watching games later.

Last year was a little bit more challenging as I didn't have the Madden card. I had to go to the bar for 1 Bronco game, but was able to catch most games OTA, on Verizon, or on Rewind.

This year I think I'm going VPN with GamePass. Will probably cost around $150 for live on-demand games, and I've already got a VPN which should probably cost around $30. Plus you get Rewind, and All-22 iirc. Bad part is you have to set up a paypal account and pay to a different country. It's really too bad that the US version of Gamepass isn't live. Would have been an easy coin for the NFL to grab.

E: There is also this, http://www.nfl2go.com/. $25 for the works, but I don't know how legitimate it is. Reddit says it works, but doesn't look like an NFL product.

1349338838438015080.jpg

ShaneB

E: There is also this, http://www.nfl2go.com/. $25 for the works, but I don't know how legitimate it is. Reddit says it works, but doesn't look like an NFL product.

Just plunked down the money to try this out... thanks for pointing this site out. Much like hockeystreams and ballstreams, this definitely seems to be a very affordable
and maybe dancing on the lines of legality..
option to Gamepass. Very impressed with my first impressions.

Godslay

Banned
Just plunked down the money to try this out... thanks for pointing this site out. Much like hockeystreams and ballstreams, this definitely seems to be a very affordable
and maybe dancing on the lines of legality..
option to Gamepass. Very impressed with my first impressions.

What payment options did they give you?

ShaneB

What payment options did they give you?

The add package thing made no sense and just offered bitcoin, go to the news section and it'll have a big writeup with paypal options.

edit: neato, looks like the Yearbook videos are starting tomorrow with the AFCW, nevermind, looks like the NFCW teams were tonight.

Godslay

Banned
The add package thing made no sense and just offered bitcoin, go to the news section and it'll have a big writeup with paypal options.

Paypal is good. Was hoping for that.

This might not be a bad deal. Apparently same quality as GP, according to some on Reddit. It's also a couple years old and most have said they use it without issue or lag.

ShaneB

Paypal is good. Was hoping for that.

This might not be a bad deal. Apparently same quality as GP, according to some on Reddit. It's also a couple years old and most have said they use it without issue or lag.

If it gets blown up all I paid was 30 bucks to try it out. A hell of a deal. Everything looks good so far. I'm getting some buffering in the new player, but everything seems fine from the web player.

Godslay

Banned
If it gets blown up all I paid was 30 bucks to try it out. A hell of a deal. Everything looks good so far. I'm getting some buffering in the new player, but everything seems fine from the web player.

I think I might bite. It's too bad Gamepass in the US doesn't offer live games because I would pay that premium.

Top Bottom