• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Pre-Preseason Thread |OT| Milana Vayntrub presents "Wet Dreaming of a Super Bowl"

I know this is old news but it makes me happy:

2015-NFL-FAN-EQUITY.png

https://scholarblogs.emory.edu/esma/2015/07/08/2015-nfl-fan-equity-rankings/

Now when I go on and on about how Dolphins fans are the worst you guys can't say I'm being hyperbolic.

We need to bring our ranking up Darkest!!

I agree though, some Dolphin fans are terrible

Godslay

Banned
That fan rankings list is the biggest BS in the history of mankind.

Yeah, it's not truly accurate. It's based more on financial metrics than what we would typically consider metrics for a die-hard fanbase. Part of the reason you see bigger markets on top, and smaller markets towards the bottom.

Sorry TDR but scientifically speaking, Pats fans are the worst
Well it depends. If we are talking about devotion to their team I would disagree. Much like stormtroopers Patriot fans are generally quite devoted to their disgusting, vile, vomit-inducing cause.

If we are talking about moral fiber and general quality as human beings then you are absolutely correct.

Well it depends. If we are talking about devotion to their team I would disagree. Much like stormtroopers Patriot fans are generally quite devoted to their disgusting, vile, vomit-inducing cause.

If we are talking about moral fiber and general quality as human beings then you are absolutely correct.

This is like the nicest thing you said about us ever!

I'll show this post to your wife.

fixed

I think most P*ts fans reside in Florida.

There's hope on the horizon, though. LA will have a team, soon, and they'll give Floridians a run for their lifelong money.

And Europe, fucken commies

It's okay, we don't count because we don't live in Miami. Miami sports fans are THE WORST.

Oh well then, it's absolutely correct. I think I'm a better fan and I live 3k miles away

Yeah, it's not truly accurate. It's based more on financial metrics than what we would typically consider metrics for a die-hard fanbase. Part of the reason you see bigger markets on top, and smaller markets towards the bottom.

Yup, exactly. I read the other day that we've sold 60k season tickets, up from 50k in 2011, while ticket prices have increased as well. With a stadium that holds 67k people, that's pretty impressive, especially with what this team has shown on the field for all those years.

31st my ass!

Hindl

I know this is old news but it makes me happy:

Rankings image

https://scholarblogs.emory.edu/esma/2015/07/08/2015-nfl-fan-equity-rankings/

Now when I go on and on about how Dolphins fans are the worst you guys can't say I'm being hyperbolic.

How are the Cowboys #1? The same team that at the start of last season, opposing team fans outnumbered the "#1" fans at Jerry World? And only once the Cowboys started doing well last year they suddenly started filling the seats?

Line_HTX

I don't get it, why does every food pic have a Josh Freeman face? What's the story behind this?

Insert Taiwan street night market food.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
I don't get it, why does every food pic have a Josh Freeman face? What's the story behind this?

Insert Taiwan street night market food.

NFL Off-Season |OT3| Josh Freeman is fat and eats too much food. Fat. Fatty. Fatfat.

Hito's best thread title change.

8wkOL.png

7ty2V.jpg

BigAT

Hey Gaf, I've put together a new fantasy football/sports podcast called Guys with Balls to go along with our current gaming podcast/site. We're grading every NFL team's offseason ahead of the season and looking for members for our fantasy leagues. If you're interested go to http://www.gameawry.com/balls/ or find it on iTunes here: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/guys-with-balls/id1019794245?mt=2

Well thank god you made an account just to promote your shitty podcast.

What's Wednesday again? I keep forgetting you guys have stunk this place up that Thursday is the only day I visit.

Do we even have a new president yet? Or is soccer and animu running wild still?

Line_HTX

What's Wednesday again? I keep forgetting you guys have stunk this place up that Thursday is the only day I visit.

Soccer should've died after the WC.

Animu isn't running wild here. It's not even the final(?) Sunday yet before the HOF game.

Anime has been eradicated (ya welcome)

Soccer has been significantly curbed

And we're coming to the end of the offseason now, so no more theme days, except for Disrespect Thursday of course.

jbug617

Banned
Apple TV, Xbox One and 360 are getting NFL Game Pass App. They said it's coming to more devices but they just name those 3
http://www.digitaltrends.com/home-theater/nfl-game-pass-app-apple-tv-xbox/

The catch is that you can't watch live games with the pass but you can watch it after the game finishes.

A freshly rolled out update to the league’s NFL Game Pass, the app will replace NFL Game Rewind, which is slated to be discontinued at the end of July. However, as is nearly always the case when it comes to the NFL, the real catch is in the fine print: the new app will not offer a single live regular season game. Oh, so close!

Instead, users who access Game Pass will have to wait until after “such games have aired on broadcast television” — all of them. Set in micro-font at the bottom of the new app’s official webpage, the league lays out the restrictions: “Sunday morning and afternoon games (9:30am ET, 1pm ET & 4pm ET) are available at the conclusion of all Sunday 4pm ET games.” The rest of the games, including those aired on Sunday nights, Saturdays, and Thursdays will be available for on-demand streaming “at the conclusion of the applicable telecast.”

Also, the service will be offline during the Superbowl, although we’re not sure anyone will want to be catching up on old broadcasts during the big day, anyway. Pricing for the new service has not yet been disclosed.

The new Game Pass app does have some enticing features, though. Included is the ability to watch condensed games without commercials — which alters the usual 3 hour festivities to a short burst of about 30 minutes — coaches film, and archives of marquee matchups from games past, including play-off games and Superbowls.

The NFC is going to be even more of a dumpster fire this year isn't it. If the NFC East doesn't get better, 3/4 of the conference is going to be flaming garbage. The Vikings and Lions will be the wildcard teams, Mark Sanchez will be a starting QB in the playoffs, Green Bay will choke in Seattle again and the Seachickens will be in the Super Bowl again. Fucking yawn.

Or it could be great! Fuck the Eagles.

Top Bottom