• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Pre-Preseason Thread |OT| Milana Vayntrub presents "Wet Dreaming of a Super Bowl"

MechDX

I want to thank based Pizza turtle God sanjuro for my free Dominos pizza tonight, but not the MLB.

That's my guy Pettine :")

SCPettine-300x255.jpg

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Got an invite to the high stakes fantasy football league at my new workplace. The guy who runs it is named Aaron Rogers.

Must resist obvious jokes he's likely heard a million times by now...

squicken

4. Did that Tod Leiweke hiring come as out of nowhere as it seemed?

Indeed, many influential people at the ownership level of top NFL clubs didn't learn the league had hired Leiweke as its new COO until a few hours before the press release went out last week. It caught many of them by surprise, with Leiweke most recently being with the Tampa Bay Lightning. It was being read by several execs I spoke to as a potential signal that chief legal counsel Jeff Pash's role may be shifting somewhat and focused even more centrally on matters directly related to legalities.

As I've noted before, in the aftermath of Deflategate, it's widely known in ownership circles that Patriots owner Bob Kraft, a don among dons, has soured on Pash and that much of his angst over the handling of this case is directed at him rather than Goodell. Leiweke, who spent several years in the Seahawks organization, is someone who could be a buffer of sorts, and in a year in which the NFL had one crisis after another, it could be that more new blood was simply needed. But especially at a time when Deflategate is very much on people's minds around the league, this hire was being viewed by many high rollers in the NFL through the prism of Kraft's dissatisfaction with the way things have been done over a very tumultuous last few years.
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer...ats-taking-so-long-for-a-deflategate-decision

squicken

I swear you post shit just to try and get me riled up.

Maybe sometimes, but Sal Pal and some Boston guys reported over the weekend that Irsay and Bisciotti were urging Goodell to take a hard line with Brady

Bisciotti denies this fwiw. Irsay probably isn't awake yet

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news...-Reports/ee053e00-1db3-4566-8630-2f60c1626d19

"I have not and will not put any pressure on the Commissioner or anyone representing the NFL office to take action in what everyone is calling 'Deflategate.'

"The story circulating that I have put pressure on Roger (Goodell) is 100% wrong. The reports are unfair to Robert Kraft, who is an honorable person, and to his franchise.

Line_HTX

Hmm... This sounds like a dilemma. On one hand, I want the suspension to be 4 games just so Brady can come back and OBLITERATE the Colts first thing. But on the other hand, because the most vocal people about this is both Indy and Baltimore, I kind of want no suspension just to stick it to their faces.

Unrelated, I still have not forgotten the Ravens player, and I want to say it was Ray Rice, who said Houston was pathetic for postponing their meeting after there was clear, visible damage to the Stadium after Hurricane Rita. Clearly he has no class and is very stupid.

Godslay

Banned
Hmm... This sounds like a dilemma. On one hand, I want the suspension to be 4 games just so Brady can come back and OBLITERATE the Colts first thing. But on the other hand, because the most vocal people about this is both Indy and Baltimore, I kind of want no suspension just to stick it to their faces.

Unrelated, I still have not forgotten the Ravens player, and I want to say it was Ray Rice, who said Houston was pathetic for postponing their meeting after there was clear, visible damage to the Stadium after Hurricane Rita. Clearly he has no class and is very stupid.

Don't put your petty rivalries in front of the health of the league.

Narag

Wanting anything less than the suspension extended is tantamount to being a pats fan.

Awesome read, really shows where Tannehill needs to improve but also how much he's grown and gotten better. Can't wait for this break down of his interceptions.
Glad you enjoyed it! Looking through all those TD's one thing that really jumps out to me is how many of them came from inside the 10. I really hope the Dolphins go down the field on longer passes more often this year, and I especially hope the new WR's create more YAC and breakaway TD's. Tannehill's deep ball might not be outstanding but he definitely has the arm strength and I think he can get it down with some decent protection and better chemistry with his WR's.

Sustaining drives with lots of short plays is good but you have to be able to get some chunk plays to really be a great offense.

Glad you enjoyed it! Looking through all those TD's one thing that really jumps out to me is how many of them came from inside the 10. I really hope the Dolphins go down the field on longer passes more often this year, and I especially hope the new WR's create more YAC and breakaway TD's. Tannehill's deep ball might not be outstanding but he definitely has the arm strength and I think he can get it down with some decent protection and better chemistry with his WR's.

Sustaining drives with lots of short plays is good but you have to be able to get some chunk plays to really be a great offense.

Yeah and I think the Oline impacted that aspect. Can't throw deep if you only have 2 seconds to hold the ball. Tannehills deep ball when not throwing to Wallace was average, which is ok, he doesn't need to excel at everything. I'm far more worried about the defense holding up towards the end of the season,

MechDX

Steelers GAF getting all angry in here. Can feel the gaze of Pettine on the back of their necks about to make them the Browns 10 year bitch

Top Bottom