• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Pre-Preseason Thread |OT| Milana Vayntrub presents "Wet Dreaming of a Super Bowl"

Farooq

Banned
RB Ryan Williams got cut by the Cowboys. Apparently he didn't pass his physical? Or something like that.

Down to Randle, McFadden, Dunbar and a bunch of UDFAs.

Edit: Forgot about Seastrunk.

It has begun

CK80ZxNWoAA-9DF.jpg

Please tell me that's not Ventrone

PLEASE

squicken

http://espn.go.com/nfl/insider/stor...ing-russell-wilson-place-qb-tier-rankings-nfl

ESPN Insider article on Russell Wilson debate

The Tier 3 rationale

Sando: OK, so why is Russell Wilson a 3?

Offensive coordinator: Because I think he needs Marshawn Lynch and the defense to do what he has done.

Defensive coach: That's not the way it really is because he is way better than you think coming from behind in the two-minute offense. They've been way behind and he's rallied them back.

Sando: Pro Football Reference tracks game-winning drives. Wilson has 15 of them over the past three seasons, most in the league.

OC: Here is the thing. The Super Bowl against Denver, the game should have been over in the first quarter. The two drives they kicked field goals, he is reading the wrong side of the field, and Jack Del Rio's defense was not complicated. I think he doesn't see things well. I think he has to bail from the pocket. If they had to score a ton of points to win, they would have a hard time. He went two quarters of the Super Bowl against New England and almost did not have a pass completion.

DC: They have no outside receiving threats.

Sando: While you guys were arguing, I dialed up quarterback stats in the league since 2012 in regular-season and playoff games when the opposing team scored at least 27 points. These are the games you're talking about. Wilson has a league-leading 75.8 QBR score in those games, followed by Peyton Manning (71.2), Tom Brady (69.4), Aaron Rodgers (68.1) and Tony Romo (63.4). That is excellent company. But Wilson has only 212 pass attempts in those games, compared to 574 on average for the other guys. He hasn't been in those situations frequently. Seattle is 0-7 in those games with Wilson. The other guys have a combined 23-42 in won-lost record, which is about 6-11 per man on average.

OC: What I see is an offense that needs to score about 13 points per game to win most of the time. Try needing 25 a game sometime. That's a lot tougher.

Sando: That sounds like an exaggeration, but it's not far off. Seattle has allowed 15.7 points per game since 2012, counting playoffs. The Seahawks are 2-9 with Wilson when the opponent scores at least 24 points, but as we discussed, those were some of Wilson's best games from an efficiency standpoint. He has a league-best 80.9 QBR score in those games (Brady, Manning, Rodgers and Matt Ryan are next on that list). It's fair to wonder how Wilson would perform if the Seahawks needed him to pass the ball more frequently, but I think it's also fair to place Wilson in the second tier, at least.

Definitely a 2, but that is his ceiling

GM: Wilson is a 2. He is not a Luck, he is not a Rodgers. I always think he is going to have to survive off play-action. He has an uncanny ability, but without a strong running game, without a great defense, he is not going to be able to carry that team.

Defensive coordinator: He is probably a better football player than he is a quarterback. I base my 1s on, when s--- goes to hell, this guy can drop back and throw the ball and win the game. Wilson needs a strong run game to win you the game, in my opinion. When push comes to shove, Brady can throw the ball every play and win the game. Rodgers can do that. Those guys can take over a game.

A wholehearted Tier 1 endorsement

OC: He is a 1. No reservation at all. People say he ran for 700 yards [849]. F---, defenses, it drives them crazy. The problem is, the fantasy stuff has made everybody evaluate these guys based on numbers. You make the most of the situation, and Russell Wilson, if they were throwing it like New Orleans, he'd be throwing for as many yards as Drew Brees. He beats you doing the things he does. He is a 1 and he is up there with Aaron [Rodgers] and [Andrew] Luck because of his uniqueness and all the s--- he can do.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Wienke for Texans fan president. The office has gotten to you Mech so please take a break.

Mech became corrputed and is ruining Houston. I vote for wienke also.

To be the 2001 Patriots we have to beat a high powered offensive team that is heavily favored. The Packers fit that mold.

Wienke wins either way or his head just explodes.

A Pats fan is president of the Packers fan club so I guess there's precedent.

First order of business....

If the Texans were ever actually good their fans would be as insufferable as the Pats fans. good thing BOB is down there to maintain the status quo of mediocrity.

This is so false I don't even know where to begin. Remember that the Texans are in the middle of Cowboy territory. God forbid they have some success and outshine Dallas for once. Houston lacks all of the Boston arrogance (despite having a better medical center) and Houston is a very non-racist town to boot.

Oh and BOB doesn't tolerate cheating so gtfo of here with this Texans fans being worse.

Sanjuro

One of my last professors was from Cleveland, and worked for the old owner of the Cavs. He basically would just end class giving an incredibly insane story about how batshit the old owner was, and how shitty Cleveland was.

It was amazing.

Greg

One of my last professors was from Cleveland, and worked for the old owner of the Cavs. He basically would just end class giving an incredibly insane story about how batshit the old owner was, and how shitty Cleveland was.

It was amazing.
he probably hated pizza

Top Bottom