• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Pre-Preseason Thread |OT| Milana Vayntrub presents "Wet Dreaming of a Super Bowl"

BigAT

Transcript from lawyer David Cornwell speaking on CNN regarding Kraft:

"IT'S UNFORTUNATE. I WAS A LAWYER IN THE NFL OFFICE FOR COMMISSIONER PETE ROZEL AND DURING THAT PERIOD I WORKED WITH COMMISSIONER ROGER GOODELL.

THIS IS UNPRECEDENTED, THE ATTACK THAT MR. KRAFT JUST LODGED AT THE NFL OFFICE BECAUSE MORE THAN THE WORDS AND MORE THAN THE FACTS, WHAT HE JUST DID WAS QUESTION THE INTEGRITY OF THE PEOPLE THAT RUN THE LEAGUE. THAT'S TROUBLESOME TO ME BECAUSE I DON'T THINK HE'S RIGHT.

YOU HAVE TWO EMPLOYEES THAT TAKES BALLS INTO THE BATHROOM. YOU HAVE THE BALLS TESTED AT HALFTIME AND THERE'S A SIGNIFICANT DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE PATRIOTS' BALLS AND THE COLTS' BALLS. YOU HAVE TOM REFUSING TO COOPERATE WITH THE INVESTIGATION AND DESTROYING EVIDENCE.

AND HE SAYS THERE'S NO HARD EVIDENCE. WELL, IT'S RARE THAT YOU HAVE A SMOKING GUN IN A CASE. IT IS WHAT'S MORE LIKELY THAN NOT. AND IT IS MORE LIKELY THAN NOT IN THIS CASE BASED ON THE FACTS THAT SOMEBODY CHEATED.

AND WHETHER IT'S A BALL, STEROIDS OR FIXING GAMES, YOU CAN'T CHEAT IN PROFESSIONAL SPORTS. THAT'S WHY THE NFL HAS HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS OF FANS WORLDWIDE.

YOU CAN'T CHEAT.

AND WHEN YOU FIND CHEATERS, YOU'VE GOT TO COME DOWN ON THEM HARD FOR TWO REASONS -- ONE, TO DETER CHEATING BY ANYBODY AND, TWO, TO PROTECT ALL THE GUYS THAT PLAY THE GAME AND DON'T CHEAT.

THIS WAS WRONG BY ROBERT KRAFT. I DON'T AGREE THAT THE BASIS FOR THIS IS THAT SOMEBODY IN THE LEAGUE OFFICE HAS NO INTEGRITY. IT'S BECAUSE THEY HAVE A DISPUTE OVER THE FACTS. AND IT'S JUST THAT SIMPLE."

cajunator

Banned
Tebow1.gif

Fuck. Leg. Day.

Afternoon assholes and Cajun, hows your miserable day been going?
Company called a surprise meeting this morning because we mysteriously got paid a week and a half early. "We can't really say a whole lot right now but it is VERY IMPORTANT THAT YOU CASH THIS CHECK IMMEDIATELY." Bankruptcy coming on Friday, it looks like. Should be fun!

Company called a surprise meeting this morning because we mysteriously got paid a week and a half early. "We can't really say a whole lot right now but it is VERY IMPORTANT THAT YOU CASH THIS CHECK IMMEDIATELY." Bankruptcy coming on Friday, it looks like. Should be fun!

Damn, sucks to hear that man. Are you going to be okay? Got any nibbles during the job search?

I can easily borrow you like 50 bucks, if I don't eat much this month.

Damn friend good luck, I remember when countrywide was bought out by bank of America after the housing crash, had to go through a lot of uncertainty before they finally let everyone go

cajunator

Banned

What kind of company was this again?

jbug617

Banned

sorry to hear that.

cajunator

Banned
Thanks, bros! I'm not too worried about it, no point worrying over what you can't control.

One is in Greenville, South Carolina, the other is in Denver. I just hope one of the two works out, haha.

Coal mining... Thankfully both interviews are with companies in different industries.

Ah yes. You lived near Kingsport and Bristol I remember. What a gorgeous place to live.

Awesome. Got any preferences? The Denver area looks beautiful.
Greenville seems like a really cool little city, it has won all kinds of awards for the downtown and surrounding areas plus it's pretty cheap and isn't too far from my relatives. That said, it's still in the same region I'm used to and Denver just seems so much more adventurous, plus I've always been fascinated by the Rocky Mountains. I'm not much of a big city person but I think Denver is one city I would really love. It's a tough call but I'm just focusing on getting an offer before I worry too much about where I'd rather end up!

cajunator

Banned
Greenville seems like a really cool little city, it has won all kinds of awards for the downtown and surrounding areas plus it's pretty cheap and isn't too far from my relatives. That said, it's still in the same region I'm used to and Denver just seems so much more adventurous, plus I've always been fascinated by the Rocky Mountains. I'm not much of a big city person but I think Denver is one city I would really love. It's a tough call but I'm just focusing on getting an offer before I worry too much about where I'd rather end up!

Its too bad your company wasnt working out because damn, you are near Asheville and Skyline Drive/Blue Ridge Parkway and just one of the most beautiful parts of the US.

Its too bad your company wasnt working out because damn, you are near Asheville and Skyline Drive/Blue Ridge Parkway and just one of the most beautiful parts of the US.
Greenville is basically in the same region! It's actually closer to Asheville than Kingsport plus it's a much nicer city.

This is less than an hour away:

lakeaerial-cropped.jpg

I would totally hire you.

Godslay

Banned

I will probably be in Denver next April. If stars align, I'll buy you a beer if we are both there.

Top Bottom