• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Pre-Preseason Thread |OT| Milana Vayntrub presents "Wet Dreaming of a Super Bowl"

Prototype idea for the next OT banner.
Gn2zaM2.png

what is worldwise

Meet the Cheerleader Eps 5

Tonight we have Bobbie Jean and the last Blonde (for a few days anyways)

Hometown:
Dunwoody, GA
Rookie
Fun Facts:
She danced in the Macys Thanksgiving Parade and her favorite karaoke song is summer nights from the Grease soundtrack.

jbug617

Banned
Meet the Cheerleader Eps 5

Tonight we have Bobbie Jean and the last Blonde (for a few days anyways)

Hometown:
Dunwoody, GA
Rookie
Fun Facts:
She danced in the Macys Thanksgiving Parade and her favorite karaoke song is summer nights from the Grease soundtrack.

best blonde posted so far?

MechDX

Mark Berman ‏@MarkBermanFox26 · 3h3 hours ago
.@briancushing56 says #Texans defense will b improved:"Big time.We've totally changed our attack,our mentality&become a lot more aggressive"

Mark Berman ‏@MarkBermanFox26 · 3h3 hours ago
.@briancushing56 on #Texans defense: "We've got playmakers at all 3 levels. We have leaders everywhere. It's going to be a great year."

loki_devious_grin_full.gif

Around the NFL podcast pissing me off to no end this morning. It's fine to say that the Pats are in another tier compared to the rest of the AFC East. I get it, it's been that way for a long time. But dammit I am sick and tired of this narrative that "no team in the AFC East outside of the Pats has a quarterback." Okay, Tannehill isn't a top 10 QB at this point in his career, but stop acting like he doesn't exist or is in the same tier as Geno Smith and Matt Cassel!

I'm with Kave, the lack of respect is unbearable at times.

EDIT: yummmmm

giphy.gif

eznark

Banned
Around the NFL podcast pissing me off to no end this morning. It's fine to say that the Pats are in another tier compared to the rest of the AFC East. I get it, it's been that way for a long time. But dammit I am sick and tired of this narrative that "no team in the AFC East outside of the Pats has a quarterback." Okay, Tannehill isn't a top 10 QB at this point in his career, but stop acting like he doesn't exist or is in the same tier as Geno Smith and Matt Cassel!

giphy.gif

There isn't really a top 10 though. There is a top 5, then a tier of shit, then the Browns situation. So Tannehill is in that second layer of inconsistent with upside. There just aren't many game changing QB's right now.

Dolphins beat writer:

Dallas Thomas is on the second team offensive line in DAY ONE. They might be rotating, but coaches clearly motivating Jamil Douglas.
CAN I GET A HALLELUJAH?

There isn't really a top 10 though. There is a top 5, then a tier of shit, then the Browns situation. So Tannehill is in that second layer of inconsistent with upside. There just aren't many game changing QB's right now.
Point being it's absurd to ignore his existence with the tired and lazy "no other team in the AFC East has a QB" argument. The Dolphins have "their guy" for better or worse and he has shown a hell of a lot more than anyone on the Bills or Jets.

Also, I disagree with you to begin with. Flacco isn't a top 5 guy if I'm making a list today but he isn't in a tier of shit either, especially considering the SB run. And even if I did agree with you the top 5 fluctuates too often to make a top 10 meaningless.

giphy.gfif
Tannehill hasn't done anything though.

eznark

Banned
Point being it's absurd to ignore his existence with the tired and lazy "no other team in the AFC East has a QB" argument. The Dolphins have "their guy" for better or worse and he has shown a hell of a lot more than anyone on the Bills or Jets.

Also, I disagree with you to begin with. Flacco isn't a top 5 guy if I'm making a list today but he isn't in a tier of shit either, especially considering the SB run. And even if I did agree with you the top 5 fluctuates too often to make a top 10 meaningless.

It's not a great number but it's easy to use, in 25% of his games Flacco had a sub 75 qb rating. That's shit tier. He threw at least one interception in 50% of his games. He basically played to his competition, which I would consider shit tier personally.

I certainly don't think Tannehill is "proven." I like him, and I think the Dolphins run away with the division this year but he threw interceptions in 10 games, was middling in half the games they played, and his best games were against truly awful defenses (Oakland, Chicago). He was impressive against Buffalo though! So he is better than Fraudgers.

Godslay

Banned
Only 1 team has made the playoffs after changing their starting QB, leading rusher and receiver from the prior year.

Team that changed those three this year? The Eagles. Doesn't mean anything obviously just an interesting fact.

It's not a great number but it's easy to use, in 25% of his games Flacco had a sub 75 qb rating. That's shit tier. He threw at least one interception in 50% of his games. He basically played to his competition, which I would consider shit tier personally.

I certainly don't think Tannehill is "proven." I like him, and I think the Dolphins run away with the division this year but he threw interceptions in 10 games, was middling in half the games they played, and his best games were against truly awful defenses (Oakland, Chicago). He was impressive against Buffalo though! So he is better than Fraudgers.

Top 5 (no particular order): Rodgers, Peyton, Luck, Roethlisberger, Romo

So to you there is no discernible difference between having Drew Brees or Russell Wilson at QB vs. having Andy Dalton or Jay Cutler. I know you love your absolutes but QB is far too nuanced a position to be that black and white in my opinion.

That's a troll?

What has Tannehill done to be in the same conversation as Br*dy?
You are arguing that the Dolphins don't have a QB worth mentioning. Essentially your argument is Tannehill = EJ Manuel. No point in even trying to dispute something so absurd.

Come on guys, I'm not asking for much here.

Top Bottom