• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Pre-Preseason Thread |OT| Milana Vayntrub presents "Wet Dreaming of a Super Bowl"

BigAT

The one team who did it? The 2006 Saints when they traded for the injured Drew Brees...

Hmmmmmmmm

Brees was a free agent in 2006, they didn't trade for him. Also the "injured" Drew Brees missed just 6 games over the previous 4 seasons at that point. Sam Bradford would give his knee ligaments (if he had any left) for that type of health.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Brees was a free agent in 2006, they didn't trade for him. Also the "injured" Drew Brees missed just 6 games over the previous 4 seasons at that point. Sam Bradford would give his knee ligaments (if he had any left) for that type of health.

I'd also somewhat argue that Brees was statistically better with the Chargers than Bradford was with the Rams. And that's saying something because Brees wasn't good with the Chargers.

bionic77

nice to see you, bionic!
Thank you Greg.

I played ping pong this past weekend and found out that you actually have to keep playing to be good. My serve was weaker than the Patriots fans defenses to them being cheating scumbags. I also did not have good control over my spin.

It was sad to see. I need to get my own table and find some good players to practice against.

BigAT

I'd also somewhat argue that Brees was statistically better with the Chargers than Bradford was with the Rams. And that's saying something because Brees wasn't good with the Chargers.

Also true, but "better than Sam Bradford" is a really low bar and not a comparison that usually needs to be made.

Pepiope

They both sucked. It doesn't really matter who the better QB is at that point, the potential is more important, and Bradford still has some.

Line_HTX

Good morning, bitches~ How's training camps for you people that have started?

CLKm_o-UsAACG0f.jpg

Indeed, there is little reason for this action to be in Minnesota at all. Nice preemptive strike, Roger. =D

One more day until Texans veterans report to training camp.

ef96ff3688bdb4dcdaba6a0ea8967a60.jpg

Greg

Thank you Greg.

I played ping pong this past weekend and found out that you actually have to keep playing to be good. My serve was weaker than the Patriots fans defenses to them being cheating scumbags. I also did not have good control over my spin.

It was sad to see. I need to get my own table and find some good players to practice against.
you'll pick it back up so fast

and yes, you need to get your own table so I can visit

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
I'm telling you man, I don't think I can handle one more Alex Smith comparison. I just can't. Alex Smith wishes he could do this:

gibsong8ykc.gif

Imagine Tannehill going an entire season without a TD pass to a WR...

Next thing you know you'll be defending Ndamukong Suh.

I'll miss you Suh. :*(

I wonder what the Chargers could have been with a good coach. What a whiff in that era.

Marty_Schottenheimer_Tampa_Bay_Buccaneers_Interview_Coaching_Rumors.jpg

Fire your head coach after going 14-2 brehs

Less than a month after San Diego's NFL-best 14-2 season was wrecked in a playoff loss to New England, Spanos cited the exodus of both coordinators and other assistants in firing Schottenheimer, who had a year left on his contract.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2763552

It always comes back to the Patriots, one way or another, doesn't it?

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
d2ytX8A.gif

That casual walk off after Stafford slinged that sumabitch

"I made that throw and there's not a goddamn thing you can do about it"

Colasante

Tre' Jackson (right) & Shaq Mason (left) get extensive work at guard flanked by center Bryan Stork & tackles Nate Solder/Sebastian Vollmer.

Sounds like the two rookie guards got first team reps today. That's encouraging.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
He won't, our kicker will. We'll miss the playoffs because of him.

And Buffalo will slide in, considering that's our final game of the season. Buffalo will then go on to win their first Super Bowl over a banged up Detroit team that lost 45% of their starters to the Seahawks in the NFC Championship.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Ryan Fitzpatrick: "Smart enough to know getting paid millions to have front row seats every Sunday is still preferable to being Geno Smith."

Top Bottom