• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Pre-Preseason Thread |OT| Milana Vayntrub presents "Wet Dreaming of a Super Bowl"

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
RT @ttwentyman: Golden Tate on offense: "We're not like a geometry class. We're like an AP class. We're focusing on the details."

Golden+Tate+New+York+Giants+v+Detroit+Lions+2Z0fr1QgTSBl.jpg

MechDX

Ryan Fitzpatrick: "Smart enough to know getting paid millions to have front row seats every Sunday is still preferable to being Geno Smith."

I didn't realize how deep the Bills were in on Fitz until I saw a breakdown of his pay for last year and he received 500k from the Bills. How many years has it been since he played in Buffalo?

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
I didn't realize how deep the Bills were in on Fitz until I saw a breakdown of his pay for last year and he received 500k from the Bills. How many years has it been since he played in Buffalo?

Well, to be fair, he never really "played" for Buffalo. He attended several games, sure. Hell, I'd be willing to admit he ever stepped on the field in pads and took a snap. But "played?" That's stretching the truth a bit.

bionic77

you'll pick it back up so fast

and yes, you need to get your own table so I can visit
Table is probably next year. I want something good that also folds down to a small size so I can store it away in a corner or one of the storage rooms.

I am hoping that when my kids are 5 I can start training them for the olympics.

Friend Bionic, Will you ever play me in Fifa ?
I rarely have time for anything so video games are pretty low on the list of shit for me to do.

And if my ping pong playing is any indication I probably will suck balls at FIFA.

My PS4 is basically a netflix player for the kids that occasionally plays DVDs and BluRays. I still do have to set up a tv and maybe a couch in my home office. I am staying up later these days but usually to work. I could start using some of those days to play video games again but honestly I would rather work out, cook or do something more permanent or manly than video games.

MechDX

Everyday I wake up and wonder how I will react if Hoyer is named the starter.

Man fuck Hoyer and O'Brien if he does that.

Josh Moyer ‏@ESPNJoshMoyer · 7m7 minutes ago
4 OSU players are suspended for the opener - Joey Bosa, Jalin Marshall, Corey Smith and Dontre Wilson - for violating an unspecified policy

O-H

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
Go Vikings! Teddy! Teddy! Teddy!

Everyday I wake up and wonder how I will react if Hoyer is the named the starter.

I dunno, I wasn't really sold on Fitz last year but he did well.

Everyday I wake up and wonder how I will react if Hoyer is the named the starter.

Breh Hohoyer is you're boy, accept it. We've been knowing!

On side note Joey Bosa and a couple osu wrs suspensed for the first game against the Hokies
Edit: fuck you mech I'm glad Hohoyer is your boy!

MechDX

If Mallett for some odd reason doesn't win the starter job I would rather throw Savage out there and see what happens. If he sucks then #HurlForHackenberg

Godslay

Banned
12ZDIx1Mw1cXVm.gif

I know your game...Pray the Broncos Elwaying Peyton and letting the running game carry him to another Owl works out.

You bet. It's the best option at this point. Have Manning do enough to command respect from the D, but let the run game dictate games.

Team is built in the mold of those Broncos SB teams but with less talented Oline and RB, but better defense and pure QB.

I'm hoping it works out, but lightning rarely strikes the same place twice!

Bread

Banned
If Brady would have just taken his medicine and stopped fighting this, he could have jettisoned his phone into the sun and no one would have given a shit. The moment he decided to take this to courts, then the phone becomes evidence and destroying it = guilty as fuck.
stop saying this please, you think people wouldn't have added that to the list and shit on Brady all the time because of it? you're so naive.

MechDX

Lol oh, try and watch some college football this year. See what guys you like........unless you're all in on Savage

Savage better than Yates confirmed? Hopefully??

Savage is still an unknown but all reports say his confidence and knowledge has made a significant jump from year one to year two. The kid has an arm and the physical traits you want in a QB but was extremely raw when drafted which was widely known before the draft.

After seeing what O'Brien did in bringing back Keenum off the Rams practice squad and developing a gameplan to fit his strengths and win those last two games I have the utmost faith in BOB's abilities as a head coach in this league. Unlike Kubiak who tried, repeatedly, to fit a square peg in a round hole.

The Texans defense is going to be really damn good and surprise many. IMO they are looking at the Seahawks as a blueprint. Tough defense, run the ball down peoples throats and have a QB who can do "enough"

JJ Watt ‏@JJWatt · 6m6 minutes ago
It's an honor & privilege to represent Houston & the great state of Texas. We don't take that responsibility lightly.

CLLUF33VAAE2njT.jpg:large

yes-rudy1.gif

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Shame Circle on top for today fellas!!!

Looking forward to how this all blows up in the Jays face, please pray for me.

Crisco

Banned
stop saying this please, you think people wouldn't have added that to the list and shit on Brady all the time because of it? you're so naive.

What people? The people shitting on Brady now are the same people who were shitting on him before any of this ever happened. He was tried, convicted and sentenced in the court of public opinion the moment the story broke after the AFC title game. If his goal was to change their minds by lying at a press conference and interfering with the investigation than he's even dumber than I thought. The only thing he's accomplished since is ruin his reputation with people who weren't already biased against him and the entire Patriots organization.

Savage is still an unknown but all reports say his confidence and knowledge has made a significant jump from year one to year two. The kid has an arm and the physical traits you want in a QB but was extremely raw when drafted which was widely known before the draft.

After seeing what O'Brien did in bringing back Keenum off the Rams practice squad and developing a gameplan to fit his strengths and win those last two games I have the utmost faith in BOB's abilities as a head coach in this league. Unlike Kubiak who tried, repeatedly, to fit a square peg in a round hole.

The Texans defense is going to be really damn good and surprise many. IMO they are looking at the Seahawks as a blueprint. Tough defense, run the ball down peoples throats and have a QB who can do "enough"

CLLUF33VAAE2njT.jpg:large

yes-rudy1.gif
Damn, I would have never guessed!

Pretty cool project that Ian Wharton (guy who does Dolphins film breakdowns) has been working on for a few months:

CHUB1_yVEAAQcgh.png:large

He watched every single snap for each CB and charted the results of passing plays as either a win or loss, regardless of whether or not the ball was thrown their way or what the outcome of the play was. Obviously there are going to be some arbitrary decisions in there but it's still a pretty neat idea.

https://twitter.com/nflfilmstudy

Bread

Banned
What people? The people shitting on Brady now are the same people who were shitting on him before any of this ever happened. He was tried, convicted and sentenced in the court of public opinion the moment the story broke after the AFC title game. If his goal was to change their minds by lying at a press conference and interfering with the investigation than he's even dumber than I thought. The only thing he's accomplished since is ruin his reputation with people who weren't already biased against him and the entire Patriots organization.
It really doesn't matter what happened after, from the second the accusations leaked after the AFCCG he was being shit on. This wouldn't have been forgotten by anyone. Not in a post-spygate world.

squicken

It really doesn't matter what happened after, from the second the accusations leaked after the AFCCG he was being shit on. This wouldn't have been forgotten by anyone. Not in a post-spygate world.

But much of the debate would have been whether it was a big deal or not that he deflated the balls.

A perfectly decent response would have been "I tell our guys to keep the pressure low. We are a quick passing team. Sometimes I don't even grab the laces. I want as much grip on the footballs as I can get. So I told the guys to push the low end on the PSI. Now how much of an advantage it really is between 15 PSI and 13.5 idk; I just was looking for every single advantage, no matter how slight"

-takes responsibility
-gives perfectly reasonable motivation
-cast doubt on actual benefit
-speaks to his ultra-competitiveness

Now, it's all about his low character in destroying evidence and witness tampering

With how widely known the NFLPA tries to get every case in front of David Doty, that should never be allowed to happen. Nothing more hilarious than the NFLPA complaining about Goodell not being impartial while at the same time trying to cheery pick a judge who they know sides with them

Quickie reaction from first day of Miami Dolphins practice
The first day of training camp is in the books for the Miami Dolphins. Here's a quickie look at what I say and heard:

***It is was not a great day for the cornerbacks trying to win the starting job opposite Brent Grimes. Jamar Taylor was beaten deep twice by third-year free agent wide receiver Michael Preston, who isn't to be confused with Julio Jones or Dez Bryant.

***Will Davis, meanwhile, was left in the dust by Tommy Streeter who got five yards behind the cornerback down the right sideline. Davis trailed so far back he stopped running. Fortunately for the defense, a perfect pass to Streeter from quarterback Matt Moore was dropped by the free agent wide receiver. Davis did have excellent coverage on Greg Jennings earlier when he broke up a pass from Matt Moore.

Look, the Dolphins have questions about who will win the starting job opposite Grimes. It is likely to be Taylor. He and everyone else has to do better.

***Speaking of deep ball passes, quarterback Ryan Tannehill picked up where he left off last season on such passes. In other words, he wasn't completing many. He missed one to Matt Hazel and another to Preston.

I noticed that after practice, Tannehill stayed on the field and worked on deep passes with several receivers.

Tannehill did throw well into some tight windows. He completed a pass to Jennings between five, count 'em, five defenders.

Matt Moore seemed to have the better practice today although that is moot relative to the starting job. Josh Freeman was intercepted by Bobby McCain.

Sturgis connected on kicks of 33 (twice), 40, 44 and 45 to start his practice. He then missed a 44-yarder left. Then he missed two more from 44 yards before connecting one last time from 45.

Must. Do. Better.

Welp it's all over, time to abandon ship! Cowboys all the way!!

MechDX

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet · 1m1 minute ago
Yes. That’s what she means RT @tiffblackmon: Asked about pecking order at QB, Whisenhunt replies “You mean after Marcus?” #NFLTrainingCamp

Hello Mariotta

Top Bottom