• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Pre-Preseason Thread |OT| Milana Vayntrub presents "Wet Dreaming of a Super Bowl"

Line_HTX

Im great! Reading some Saints training camp news and anxious for the season to start and see if they will be any good lol.
Team should feel really different with so many new faces.

Yeah, I'm trying to pass the time with Texans news and waiting for Sept. 13 to get here. I believe the Saints are visiting NRG after Thanksgiving, so that'll be fun. I guess since nothing is set in stone until the regular season, I got a ton of shows to catch up on. You watching anything at the moment?

cajunator

Banned
Yeah, I'm trying to pass the time with Texans news and waiting for Sept. 13 to get here. I believe the Saints are visiting NRG after Thanksgiving, so that'll be fun. I guess since nothing is set in stone until the regular season, I got a ton of shows to catch up on. You watching anything at the moment?

Not anime at the moment. Im just kind of relaxing listening to Bob Dylan Like a Rolling Stone and a playlist of Motown. Chill as fuuuuuuck.

With how widely known the NFLPA tries to get every case in front of David Doty, that should never be allowed to happen. Nothing more hilarious than the NFLPA complaining about Goodell not being impartial while at the same time trying to cheery pick a judge who they know sides with them

We'll see how far that goes. IIRC, the ruling(s) by Doty are being appealed and could still end up in the NFL's favor eventually.

ampere

RT @ttwentyman: Golden Tate on offense: "We're not like a geometry class. We're like an AP class. We're focusing on the details."

http://www4.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Golden+Tate+New+York+Giants+v+Detroit+Lions+2Z0fr1QgTSBl.jpg[img][/QUOTE]

How many weeks until he sleeps with Stafford's wife?

But he was the in the best shape of his life?! /s

Down to Randle, Dunbar, and Lache Seastrunk (love that name,
and his SPARQ rating
)

To the surprise of absolutely nobody. He simply can't stay healthy, and isn't good anymore after the Lisfranc injury

Farooq

Banned
The line isn't injured, so I'm still expecting a 1,400 yard rusher.

Although I was being sarcastic in my post, I think the Cowboys may have made a mistake not addressing RB depth in the draft.

I guess relying on players with a history of injuries has it's risks.

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
CLLPob4UMAAixCs.jpg:large

happy now dega?

lol google image search says this is the oakland raiders.

It's like it saw it was GB and said 'nah that cant be right!'

bionic77

With how widely known the NFLPA tries to get every case in front of David Doty, that should never be allowed to happen. Nothing more hilarious than the NFLPA complaining about Goodell not being impartial while at the same time trying to cheery pick a judge who they know sides with them
Easy solution for the Pats.

Stop cheating.

The Pats solution is to stop getting caught cheating which also works but no one outside of New England and Jacksonville would ever support such a thing.

Although I was being sarcastic in my post, I think the Cowboys may have made a mistake not addressing RB depth in the draft.

I guess relying on players with a history of injuries has it's risks.

although I appreciate your shot at the Eagles, if our QB with a history of injuries goes down we would be begging for Tebow.

bionic77

Very interested in how our team looks against the Pats and the Niners.

Going to be so many question marks around both teams the Steelers for the first few weeks.

Hope we can finally learn how to score in the red zone. We need to improve in that area and stay healthy (along with maybe occasionally playing defense) if we want to contend and play deep into the playoffs.

ShaneB

How a team from the middle of no where, who's fans call themselves Cheeseheads and colors are yellow and green (an indication of mold on cheese) garnered so many fans nationwide, I'll never understand.

Sport grows when folks bandwagon onto a team with winning tradition typically.

Going to hate cheering against the Lions in that London game, but we'll help you out in week 3 with a win in Green Bay.

Line_HTX

week 4 Jets @ Dolphins
week 7 Bills @ Jags
week 8 Lions @ Chiefs

Well, I guess the Week 8 one is better than the other two... I'm sure the UK fans loved that 21 point comeback from last year, haha

I wish NFL had a real trade deadline like the other sports. MLB trade deadline has delivered this year.

I thought it was October? They should make it Week 8 or something...

NBA trade deadlines are whatevs, but yes, I agree. This year's MLB trade deadline was CRAZY. And it's not over until tomorrow afternoon.

jakncoke

Banned
Well, I guess the Week 8 one is better than the other two... I'm sure the UK fans loved that 21 point comeback from last year, haha

I thought it was October? They should make it Week 8 or something...

NBA trade deadlines are whatevs, but yes, I agree. This year's MLB trade deadline was CRAZY. And it's not over until tomorrow afternoon.

Its like week 6 and adding 2 weeks i dont think would make for the level of trades we see other sports because of the salary cap ramifications

ampere

Easy solution for the Pats.

Stop cheating.

The Pats solution is to stop getting caught cheating which also works but no one outside of New England and Jacksonville would ever support such a thing.

You're a lawyer. You should know the rule isn't to not break the rules, it's to not get caught.

Fortunately everyone is distracted by deflategate and people haven't noticed that Belichick is a cyborg from the future, which is probably against the rules.

Pepiope

I can't wait for thanksgiving this year. We get to beat the Lions, and get it done before dinner. The NFL gave DAL an easy game this year too. I guess JJ wasn't too happy with the beating Philly gave them.

Hindl

But he was the in the best shape of his life?! /s

Down to Randle, Dunbar, and Lache Seastrunk (love that name,
and his SPARQ rating
)

That sucks. Although isn't the general consensus to make Randle the #1 anyway and have McFadden as the backup? I'm not too tuned in to the actual Dallas RB strategy I keep hearing different things

Line_HTX

I can't wait for thanksgiving this year. We get to beat the Lions, and get it done before dinner. The NFL gave DAL an easy game this year too, I guess JJ wasn't too happy with the beating Philly gave them.

Are you serious? Who's Dallas playing?

You know what? Forget I asked, becuase they always have their glory in November anyways. It's always so sweet watching them crash and burn in December. Never forget Matt Flynn. =D

Pepiope

Are you serious? Who's Dallas playing?

You know what? Forget I asked, becuase they always have their glory in November anyways. It's always so sweet watching them crash and burn in December. Never forget Matt Flynn. =D
They play the
Panthers
. I enjoy the Dallas hype train coming to a stop come December.

Last year Philly sucked once December came around, but I blame Mark Sanchez.

bionic77

You're a lawyer. You should know the rule isn't to not break the rules, it's to not get caught.

Fortunately everyone is distracted by deflategate and people haven't noticed that Belichick is a cyborg from the future, which is probably against the rules.
Usually you pay lawyers to tell you what the rules are so you don't break them or can take advantage of them.

Thats kind of what Madden did.

The Pats don't think the laws apply to them so they just do whatever the fuck they want and when they get caught they just deflect and deny everything.

Thats probably why people love Madden and hate the Cheats guts.

Farooq

Banned
That sucks. Although isn't the general consensus to make Randle the #1 anyway and have McFadden as the backup? I'm not too tuned in to the actual Dallas RB strategy I keep hearing different things

The strategy is to bring in a stable of RBs, have a competitive camp and see who emerges. Open competition. Randle may emerge as the lead because he is pretty good at reading Dallas' bread and butter play (outside zone/stretch), but nobody is the lead back yet.

jakncoke

Banned
Still open competition, not everyone can draft a stud RB in the second round. Some teams have to draft a TE, even though they have Witten.

Ye i dont understand your strategy , maybe jerruh thinks the line is so good that they can plug in gotor and get at least 1150?

bionic77

yourteamcheats.com
Websites that Gata made on squarespace.com are not persuasive to anyone.

Also the argument that everyone else is doing it doesn't carry much weight. A lot of guys in the 40s and 50s were sleezebags that drugged women but I think even Pats fans would be hard pressed to use that as a defense for all of Cosbys rapes.

On the other hand I should never underestimate the Pats capacity for evil...

Top Bottom