• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Pre-Preseason Thread |OT| Milana Vayntrub presents "Wet Dreaming of a Super Bowl"

cdyhybrid

Yep, we don't need to be the best defense in the NFL by any means, but we need to be better than last year, and Nate Allen is just an addition by subtraction. WT3 has Maxwell's back, fuck Seattle.

You guys beat Mark Sanchez. Congrats.

:jnc you don't get to toot your offense's horn over stats and then play dead when someone points out their failings. Well, unless you're :kas, which it seems is your goal.

3rd best offense in the NFL, boys:

erNkUPo.png

cdyhybrid

I just saw that a Tebow thread in OT was bumped
by RBH
and found this in there:

CC_fmIpUEAAcpYJ.jpg

:jnc

Damn shame that Tebow's stats are being dragged down by having to play for the Jets.

Also a damn shame that Total QBR isn't a real stat.

eznark

Banned
Yep, we don't need to be the best defense in the NFL by any means, but we need to be better than last year, and Nate Allen is just an addition by subtraction. WT3 has Maxwell's back, fuck Seattle.

You guys beat Mark Sanchez. Congrats.

Funny enough in two starts Bradford lost to the Packers 54-23, a number strikingly close to Sanchez!

Pepiope

:jnc you don't get to toot your offense's horn over stats and then play dead when someone points out their failings. Well, unless you're :kas, which it seems is your goal.
How many points a team scores offensively seems like a pretty good stat to rank the best offensive teams, and you're bring up the boxscore against SEA with Mark Sanchez at QB to prove your point? You shut down our back-up QB, congrats to you as well.

jakncoke

Banned
Is your QB healthy right now? How does he look in camp?

Hasnt thrown a regular season pass since 2013 but is destined for a 4300 yard season 35 td 13 int*

*If he remains healthy.. but who are we kidding CHIP DA GOD has a system in place where the nfl has deemed it illegal to touch a eagles qb so his knees is A-OK

cdyhybrid

How many points a team scores offensively seems like a pretty good stat to rank the best offensive teams, and you're bring up the boxscore against SEA with Mark Sanchez at QB to prove your point? You shut down our back-up QB, congrats to you as well.

We shut down your starting QB as well:

rfM7gLi.png

My favorite thing about this all is the baseless presumption that Sam Bradford is somehow a starting caliber quarterback.
I don't see how you can be confident as an Eagles fan. There are so many "ifs" with that team heading into the season. They could be alright but you have to be crazy to practically assume everything is going to fall into place for a SB run.

cdyhybrid

Media asking Russell about getting the phone call about the contract agreement from his agent.

Dude says he was sitting in bed and then casually slides in there that he was talking to Ciara on the phone.

Jd5obFD.png

gutshot

I don't see how you can be confident as an Eagles fan. There are so many "ifs" with that team heading into the season. They could be alright but you have to be crazy to partctically assume everything is going to fall into place for a SB run.

I think most of the Eagles fanbase is "cautiously optimistic". Not sure what the Eagles fans here are smoking to be feeling so confident.

I could see a scenario where they go 12-4 but I could just as easily see one where they go 6-10.

Draxal

I don't see how you can be confident as an Eagles fan. There are so many "ifs" with that team heading into the season. They could be alright but you have to be crazy to partctically assume everything is going to fall into place for a SB run.

Their confidence is that the Redskins suck, they expect the Cowboys to regress and the Giants defense eats shit.

... and they play the AFC east this year.

But yeah, Pep is outkassing kas now.

The packers loss had far less to do with the Eagles offense than it did with the fact that they had the worst pass defense in football. What did you expect would happen to that secondary against Godgers? Top it off with an absolutely terrible defensive game plan and two INTs by Sanchez and it was bound to be a blowout.

eznark

Banned
The packers loss had far less to do with the Eagles offense than it did with the fact that they had the worst pass defense in football. What did you expect would happen to that secondary against Godgers? Top it off with an absolutely terrible defensive game plan and two INTs by Sanchez and it was bound to be a blowout.

Crystal clear in hindsight.

Just like the upcoming Bradford fiasco will be to you all.

I think most of the Eagles fanbase is "cautiously optimistic". Not sure what the Eagles fans here are smoking to be feeling so confident.

I could see a scenario where they go 12-4 but I could just as easily see one where they go 6-10.
That seems reasonable. I actually like Chip and enjoy watching his offense in action but I'm worried they lost too much talent and I don't know what to expect from Bradford. I do think it's possible he plays fairly well because his skillset matches Chip's offense but there are a lot of things that could go wrong.

Their confidence is that the Redskins suck, they expect the Cowboys to regress and the Giants defense eats shit.

... and they play the AFC east this year.

But yeah, Pep is outkassing kas now.
AFC East will be tough this year. At the very least it's not safe to assume better than 2-2.

Crystal clear in hindsight.

Just like the upcoming Bradford fiasco will be to you all.

It was crystal clear in foresight. I had that game penciled as a loss from the second I saw the schedule. You had to be an idiot not to see that loss coming.

I just think it's absolutely silly how people are assuming the Eagles offense will go from putting up some of the largest number in football to one of the worst because of Sam Bradford.

cdyhybrid

It was crystal clear in foresight. I had that game penciled as a loss from the second I saw the schedule. You had to be an idiot not to see that loss coming.

I just think it's absolutely silly how people are assuming the Eagles offense will go from putting up some of the largest number in football to one of the worst because of Sam Bradford.

It's not just Bradford. It's also losing Shady and OL guys.

It's not just Bradford. It's also losing Shady and OL guys.

I've seen Shady run backwards and put the team in 2nd and 15 too many times to be all that hurt by replacing him with Murray and Mathews, who are both very talented RBs. As for the OL, the only loss that hurts there is Mathis, who was off the field for half the year last season. Herreman's was very old, very replaceable and also tore his biceps last season. I think Allen Barbre is going to be an upgrade on Herremans. The only downgrade on the OL this year will be Mathis replacement. Peters, Kelce, and Johnson will be the same (Johnson will probably be better). Not worried about that.

bionic77

lol @ the guy in the russell wilson thread saying the malcolm butler pic was pass interference

people are weird
I think I have established that I have no bias towards the Patriots and I can say that is idiotic.

That was just a horrible decision and pass by Russell. He should have ran with it or throw it away.

I think we can all agree that Wilson is an evil person and deserves to burn in righteous hell fire for all of eternity.

Eagles have Tebow, 1000% increase over last year.
Thats a pretty conservative estimate.

I think I have established that I have no bias towards the Patriots and I can say that is idiotic.

That was just a horrible decision and pass by Russell. He should have ran with it or throw it away.

I think we can all agree that Wilson is an evil person and deserves to burn in righteous hell fire for all of eternity.
Agreed. Stupid Seahawks.

Konka

Banned

Thats a pretty conservative estimate.

They'll make a movie about the 2015 Eagles season.

Angels in the Endzone: A Tim Tebow Story
Starring Matt Damon as Tim Tebow

gutshot

Also, saying that the Eagles offense was the 3rd best in football last season is far from accurate. As a team, they did score the 3rd most points in the league, it's true. But they had 11 defensive and special teams TDs which grossly inflates their point total.

To get a more accurate measure of their offensive output, we need to look at another stat more representative of offensive success, such as percentage of offensive drives ending in points. In that metric, they ranked 12th in the league last season. Still good (especially considering what we had to work with at the QB position) but certainly not elite.

So they were a slightly above-average offensive team last season. What makes one think they can be more than that? Bradford is probably a slight upgrade over Foles, but he has to stay healthy for it to matter. Otherwise we're stuck with Sanchez again. DeMarco Murray, same story. Meanwhile, the WR corp has been downgraded, although there is a lot to like there long term. And the offensive line is a huge question mark, not to mention one of the oldest in the league.

I'm much more confident about the defense being good than the offense this upcoming season, which says a lot.

cdyhybrid

I agree, if only for the simple fact that he has the opportunity to smang Ciara and won't take it.

Top Bottom