• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Pre-Preseason Thread |OT| Milana Vayntrub presents "Wet Dreaming of a Super Bowl"

Eagles signed Brad Jones. Eagles are doomed.

It's really going to suck if Brandon Graham or Connor Barwin go down. I hear they are giving Vinny Curry some snaps outside, and there's always 1st round flop Marcus Smith!

I would love it if somehow Vinny Curry could get more snaps. He had like 25% of snaps last year and 9 sacks, with like 3 more sacks called back on penalties. I just don't know if he can move from DE to OLB.

bionic77

I agree, if only for the simple fact that he has the opportunity to smang Ciara and won't take it.
He has definitely had sex with her and in all probability the two have exchanged several STDs.

Russel is just a straight up fraud peddling snake oil. First he tricked Seattle into thinking he was a good qb and now he is trying to trick America that he is some kind of Tebow 2.0.

I am not falling for your lies Wussle! I should have listened to FMT from the start. :(

eznark

Banned
He has definitely had sex with her and in all probability the two have exchanged several STDs.

Russel is just a straight up fraud peddling snake oil. First he tricked Seattle into thinking he was a good qb and now he is trying to trick America that he is some kind of Tebow 2.0.

I am not falling for your lies Wussle! I should have listened to FMT from the start. :(

h6b9qHo.gif

gutshot

Not sure if it was mentioned earlier but reports are the Eagles are still shopping Matt Barkley around (lol).

Seems like Tim Tebow will make the team.

Hindl

I don't see how you can be confident as an Eagles fan. There are so many "ifs" with that team heading into the season. They could be alright but you have to be crazy to practically assume everything is going to fall into place for a SB run.

You already responded, but this:

I think most of the Eagles fanbase is "cautiously optimistic". Not sure what the Eagles fans here are smoking to be feeling so confident.

I could see a scenario where they go 12-4 but I could just as easily see one where they go 6-10.

I am so excited for the season just cuz I have no idea what will happen. On paper, this team is better than last year, even if Bradford is just Sanchez - a few turnovers. But even if everyone plays to their potential, our depth at most positions is really bad. Kelce/Peters/Johnson goes down? Bradford dies. Graham or Barwin goes down? Our OLB depth is Marcus Smith, who did nothing last year. Kiko gets injured? Big problem in the linebacker. We have a ton of injuries waiting to happen, and any one would derail the season. Then you add in the fact that there could be a total of 12 new starters on the team, and if Bradford can actually recover, and there's a lot that could go wrong. On paper, this team will surprise people and make a playoff run. But there's a lot that can go wrong too

WedgeX

Banned
Got back from my doctor and my cholesterol is down from last year! Unfortunately, the headache that knocked me off my feet last week, as well as a host of other symptoms, are likely stress related. And my job reaches 10/10 stress at least 4-5 time a month.

Please, Lions, minimize your contribution to my stress levels this year.

....luckily there's always the Red Wings, right?

jakncoke

Banned
Got back from my doctor and my cholesterol is down from last year! Unfortunately, the headache that knocked me off my feet last week, as well as a host of other symptoms, are likely stress related. And my job reaches 10/10 stress at least 4-5 time a month.

Please, Lions, minimize your contribution to my stress levels this year.

....luckily there's always the Red Wings, right?

Nope
give up detroit move elsewhere and give up on their sports. lost cause area forsaken by all evil and forest monsters

MRSA

Banned
What's sadder, Detroit sports or Ohio sports? Well Ohio State always does well but who gives a fuck about college football.

Bowser

So Wilson got $20m guaranteed.

No, it's still at least $31m fully guaranteed because it's the signing bonus. For example, Cam had the same thing with his signing bonus - $22.5m, $15m of which was paid upon signing and $7.5m that counts on the cap as a "2015 roster bonus" even though it was paid on 6/6/15.

edit: wait, never mind, I'm confusing things. Cam got $31m fully guaranteed: $22.5m signing bonus, a $7.5m roster bonus paid 6/6/15, and fully guaranteed 2015 base salary of $1m.

edit2: per Joel Corry Wilson got $31.7m fully guaranteed at signing:

Joel Corry ‏@corryjoel 36m36 minutes ago
$31.7M of Russell Wilson's deal is fully guaranteed at signing. The overall guarantees are $61.542M.

Joel Corry ‏@corryjoel 31m31 minutes ago
Russell Wilson's $29.842M GTD for injury only at signing becomes fully GTD on 5th day after start of waiver period for that year.

Joel Corry ‏@corryjoel 30m30 minutes ago
The waiver period starts the day after the Super Bowl. It's February 8 in 2016.

Joel Corry ‏@corryjoel 29m29 minutes ago
$20M of Russell Wilson's $31M signing bonus is payable by August 10. The other $11M is payable on 4/1/16.

Joel Corry ‏@corryjoel 10m10 minutes ago
Joel Corry retweeted Mark Gentry
Signing bonus deferrals are routine. Tom Brady got the last $5M from his $30M signing bonus in '13 deal on 2/15/15.

So he has $31m fully guaranteed signing bonus, they just deferred payment of $11m of it. But he gets it no matter what.

MRSA

Banned
So I can get roundtrip tickets to Boston for $80......but then again its Boston.

BEAD! You're sleeping on the floor when I come over.

jakncoke

Banned
sanjuro used to piss me off nearly the most then we talked on irc and he just a fat pizza eating beer drinking blue collar read documents type of dude

MRSA

Banned
sanjuro would be the easiest to chase down but he's also the best Pats fan.

I'd go hunt down lunchbox in Detroit instead.

sanjuro used to piss me off nearly the most then we talked on irc and he just a fat pizza eating beer drinking blue collar read documents type of dude

I wouldn't even have to chase down Sanjuro, just set out some pesa and crack open some beers and he'll come bouldering through like Matt Fatttford

Sanjuro is a pretty cool dude, if he weren't a Pats fans then he'd be a bro.

cajunator

Banned
I read in the Russell Wilson thread, if someone comes on here and exclaim their hatred for all things patriots they'll be accepted with open arms.

I hate all things Pats and hope Tom Brady's suspension goes up to 6 games, and he comes back rusty throwing 20 INTs for the rest of the season.

Welcome!

People might tell you Im crazy but theyre only half right!

cajunator

Banned
CB situation is much better than last season already. I dont think I would be able to handle another string of defense allowing 40+ yard completions 4 or 5 times per game again. Nobody deserves that.

Top Bottom