• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Pre-Preseason Thread |OT| Milana Vayntrub presents "Wet Dreaming of a Super Bowl"

Pepiope

I read this a bit ago and it was interesting. I think a lot of things Chip is applying make a ton of sense, especially the fast paced practices and the advanced training techniques.

Interestingly, DeMarco Murray sat out the first day of camp because he wasn't properly hydrated when tested that morning. I have no idea what the effects of hydration are on injury chances or recovery time and what not but it goes to show that Chip takes the questionnaires and tests very seriously.
He said players are susceptible to injury when they test high hydration levels.

Quick google search pulls this up

Beginning a practice or competition in a severely hypohydrated state will negatively affect performance. Dehydration influences several aspects of exercise in a negative way. Rises in core temperature, early fatigue, and decreased performance are some factors that are present in a dehydrated athlete. Understanding the signs and symptoms of dehydration and managing it early will stop any further injury or illness to the athlete. Certified Athletic Trainers’ must promote hydration before exercise but must also be knowledgeable of the signs and symptoms of dehydration in the event that it occurs. Although water is the primary method of rehydration, sports drinks can be incorporated before, during, and after exercise in order to maintain fluid balance. Proper hydration during exercise is known to have benefits that aid in athletic performance. Overall hydration is beneficial not only to exercise and athletic performance but also physiologic functions.
http://www.kon.org/urc/v10/athletic-training/decker.html

GUYS! HALO WARS 2!

You-have-slept-while-watching-a-movie.gif

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
I agree with the idea of grooming QBs.

Yet, there are multiple reasons why a QB sits. In Rodgers case he was the heir apparent. Same with Osweiler and Garoppolo for instance. The QB position is locked up, but the QBs ahead of them are in tbe twilight of their careers.

Then there is everyone else. They could be developmental prospects or held because they are only going to be backups. The better the QB, and the younger the QB, the less teams typically invest in the development of those 2nd and 3rd stringers. Keenum probably fell in that category, same with Yates and whoever else.

I find it hard to believe that Keenum was truly being groomed to take over for Schaub. Schaub was expected to lead them for sometime, until he became a headcase. The Texans had to reset because they had no true prospects at QB, as evidenced by the moves they've made.
you need to check out Houston local media then. Keenum was Kubiaks pet project. Schaubs contract was only for two or three more years at that time and he was aging already. I love how you say they reset and made moves as if it were a normal thing, they went 2 and fucking 14, changed the entire coaching staff, of course they made cuts and moves. Like, duh.

Speaking of xbone anyone getting gears this month? Have some Amazon credit might repurchase MCC or get gears. Kinda got a itch for halo
Can't wait for the downgrade! No way it ships looking like that.
Not like the graphics were amazing lol, unless you mean the 100% destructible environment stuff.

MechDX

Can't wait for the downgrade! No way it ships looking like that.

Yeah its an Alpha so it will get better. :p
GrimyColossalCentipede.gif

Speaking of xbone anyone getting gears this month? Have some Amazon credit might repurchase MCC or get gears. Kinda got a itch for halo

Not like the graphics were amazing lol, unless you mean the 100% destructible environment stuff.

Im snagging Gears! Need to pick up Rare Replay today

Yo Shane! chris!
Fuck guy chris
molly qerim Switched networks?!

Yup shes on ESPN now I think, which means I'll never see her again.

Also

"We're not sure exactly when he's going to get back," the coach said. "I don't know if he's going to practice, how much he's going to practice, if he's going to play in the preseason."

Also consider Parker has a lot of things to do before he's ready to play in a game. He has to start running. Then he needs to start cutting. Then he needs to start practicing at least lightly. Then he needs to actually be full-go in practice for a bit.

It's not until that is fully done that Parker can be ready to play some in a game. And that does not include any preseason work.

It might be three or four weeks before Parker gets through that entire regimen. The regular season begins Sept. 13.

Just cancel the season, it's over ;_;

Go Cowboys!

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Yup shes on ESPN now I think, which means I'll never see her again.

Also

Just cancel the season, it's over ;_;

Go Cowboys!

This is the worst heel turn since Mech became a Pats fan.

Yeah I mean the destructible environment. We'll see if those buildings really fall into a huge number of pieces like that.

Edit: Sanjuro Tsbaski is alive!

This is the worst heel turn since Mech became a Pats fan.

Yeah I mean the destructible environment. We'll see if those buildings really fall into a huge number of pieces like that.

Edit: Sanjuro Tsbaski is alive!

Whoa friend...let's not get crazy

Bad Chris! Bad!

I don't know how much more misery I can take :(

Who here can drive a manual transmission?

I can, I miss it actually I might get a manual for my next car.

:( who do I root for then

Do what I've done since I went to the SB parade: root for the same team you've always rooted for, but above all root for hilarious things to happen in the league both on-field and off

You do the latter, you'll never be disappointed. Hasn't been a year I've done it where there hasn't been an overabundance of stuff to laugh at

Godslay

Banned
you need to check out Houston local media then. Keenum was Kubiaks pet project. Schaubs contract was only for two or three more years at that time and he was aging already. I love how you say they reset and made moves as if it were a normal thing, they went 2 and fucking 14, changed the entire coaching staff, of course they made cuts and moves. Like, duh.

Pet project implies that Schaub was the flagship project then. You don't work on a pet project if you don't have something to feed your family with. Which Schaub was. Did Kubiak ever see Keenum as the potential starter? Maybe, but probably not given the money trail.

Schaub was also signed to an extension in 2012, shit went down in 2013 with 3 years remaining on his contract. He was signed through 2016. In 2012/2013 Schaub was 31/32, which for a QB isn't exactly ancient. He should have had at least 3-5 years of playing time left, which the leadership of the Texans agreed with considering they backed the idea with cold hard cash.

The reset comment was made because you act like they didn't know Keenum, Yates, etc were not starter quality. If they were BOB would have held on to them as opposed to looking elsewhere. If there was a starter quality QB on that roster, a new regime would have held on to him.

The main point is, which was the original argument, is that Kubes, the Texans, and BOB all know what they had in terms of Schaub, Keenum, and whoever else was on that depth chart. Schaub was the best option, and they knew that they had backups in Keenum and Yates, and not heirs.

Do what I've done since I went to the SB parade: root for the same team you've always rooted for, but above all root for hilarious things to happen in the league both on-field and off

You do the latter, you'll never be disappointed. Hasn't been a year I've done it where there hasn't been an overabundance of stuff to laugh at

Yeah the browns are usually good for a few laughs I guess.

Speaking of Hard Knocks, here is a short article on the impact it has on teams.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
Pet project implies that Schaub was the flagship project then. You don't work on a pet project if you don't have something to feed your family with. Which Schaub was. Did Kubiak ever see Keenum as the potential starter? Maybe, but probably not given the money trail.

Schaub was also signed to an extension in 2012, shit went down in 2013 with 3 years remaining on his contract. He was signed through 2016. In 2012/2013 Schaub was 31/32, which for a QB isn't exactly ancient. He should have had at least 3-5 years of playing time left, which the leadership of the Texans agreed with considering they backed the idea with cold hard cash.

The reset comment was made because you act like they didn't know Keenum, Yates, etc were not starter quality. If they were BOB would have held on to them as opposed to looking elsewhere. If there was a starter quality QB on that roster, a new regime would have held on to him.

The main point is, which was the original argument, is that Kubes, the Texans, and BOB all know what they had in terms of Schaub, Keenum, and whoever else was on that depth chart. Schaub was the best option, and they knew that they had backups in Keenum and Yates, and not heirs.
...so again, keenum was like a second year rookie at that point, so yea putting him on the field to find out what they had would have been the best move. As you previously stated it is beneficial for QBs to get some bench time. Clearly if Keenum was ready to start out of college, he would have been drafted. Yet he wasn't. We had already seen what Yates could do when Schaub got hurt, no one had seen anything from Keenum on the field other than brief preseason stuff. Schaub was shot, as time has now told us because he was traded to Oakland and subsequently cut by Oakland this year. The team was going nowhere, so yea putting in Keenum was the best move, yet Kubiaks loyalty got the best of him, time and time again, as evidence by the fact that Kubes was the one that denied signing Peyton Manning because "schaub was the man"

Also just because someone has a contract doesn't mean jack and squat in the NFL.

your not going to convince me otherwise, so you might as well stop responding. Under no circumstances should schaub have been put back in any game, save for injury, after throwing multiple pick sixes in like 5 straight games.

Also, enjoy your Kubes this year.

20150803_texanstrainingcamp_btc_07.jpg

Them Hard Knocks cameras on Hoy Hoy.
good god, I thought that was schaub for a minute.

Pepiope

Tebow's scaring me

Eliot Shorr-Parks ‏@EliotShorrParks 9m9 minutes ago
Ryan Mathews drops a long pass from Tebow that was on the money. #Eagles

MechDX

...so again, keenum was like a second year rookie at that point, so yea putting him on the field to find out what they had would have been the best move. As you previously stated it is beneficial for QBs to get some bench time. Clearly if Keenum was ready to start out of college, he would have been drafted. Yet he wasn't. We had already seen what Yates could do when Schaub got hurt, no one had seen anything from Keenum on the field other than brief preseason stuff. Schaub was shot, as time has now told us because he was traded to Oakland and subsequently cut by Oakland this year. The team was going nowhere, so yea putting in Keenum was the best move, yet Kubiaks loyalty got the best of him, time and time again, as evidence by the fact that Kubes was the one that denied signing Peyton Manning because "schaub was the man"

Also just because someone has a contract doesn't mean jack and squat in the NFL.

your not going to convince me otherwise, so you might as well stop responding. Under no circumstances should schaub have been put back in any game, save for injury, after throwing multiple pick sixes in like 5 straight games.

Also, enjoy your Kubes this year.

good god, I thought that was schaub for a minute.

Godslay made me and captive agree on something. I am legit shook

Yeah the browns are usually good for a few laughs I guess.

Speaking of Hard Knocks, here is a short article on the impact it has on teams.

I was not sure if I wanted "my" team on Hard Knocks and still undecided. Yes I get to see inside my team which is great for fans but I also see the negative. Distractions are greater. Also never forget Watt learning the Dolphins snap count by watching Hard Knocks.

On that note I don't think the Texans were forced to do it this year. McNair (owner) has always wanted to be on it. With all negative news surrounding the league they need some positive PR. Why not roll the team with the lowest criminal incident history out there with the leagues "golden boy", Captain America?

Top Bottom