• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Pre-Preseason Thread |OT| Milana Vayntrub presents "Wet Dreaming of a Super Bowl"

MechDX

Godslay made me and captive agree on something. I am legit shook

I was not sure if I wanted "my" team on Hard Knocks and still undecided. Yes I get to see inside my team which is great for fans but I also see the negative. Distractions are greater. Also never forget Watt learning the Dolphins snap count by watching Hard Knocks.

On that note I don't think the Texans were forced to do it this year. McNair (owner) has always wanted to be on it. With all negative news surrounding the league they need some positive PR. Why not roll the team with the lowest criminal incident history out there with the leagues "golden boy", Captain America?

Im quoting because I just added a lot of shit and I am not being the last post on the page.

Tania Ganguli ‏@taniaganguli · 40s40 seconds ago
Arian Foster suffered a groin injury last night at the #Texans first fully padded practice, sources say.

Got dammit Arian. Really?

I was not sure if I wanted "my" team on Hard Knocks and still undecided. Yes I get to see inside my team which is great for fans but I also see the negative. Distractions are greater. Also never forget Watt learning the Dolphins snap count by watching Hard Knocks.

On that note I don't think the Texans were forced to do it this year. McNair (owner) has always wanted to be on it. With all negative news surrounding the league they need some positive PR. Why not roll the team with the lowest criminal incident history out there with the leagues "golden boy", Captain America?

I think it had a negative effect on how the fans viewed Philbin, especially as a first year head coach. At the same time we already hated Ireland and some saw him a little different after the show aired. In the end the wins are what matters though so it's awesome getting an inside look on your team. I still have all the episodes on my DVR. I watch them every now and then.

MechDX

I think it had a negative effect on how the fans viewed Philbin, especially as a first year head coach. At the same time we already hated Ireland and some saw him a little different after the show aired. In the end the wins are what matters though so it's awesome getting an inside look on your team. I still have all the episodes on my DVR. I watch them every now and then.

Oh I like Hard Knocks as a program. Really well put together and gave us this:

068b212ed39f1a8e738772d724b86250.623x343x336.gif

Bowser

Foster injury is serious:

Jayson Braddock ‏@JaysonBraddock 1m1 minute ago
Arian Foster's groin injury is serious in nature. Source said it should require surgery & may be candidate for IR w/ designation for return.

Line_HTX

Arian Foster's groin injury is serious in nature. Source said it should require surgery & may be candidate for IR w/ designation for return.

I need a drink. Fuck this shit.

haha, yesterday sports radio 610 was talking about how great Arian looks and I wanted to text in how long till he has a hamstring injury?

:Jnc You should've called in for that.

Colasante

Damn. That would be a big hit to the Texans' already improbable chances of dethroning the Colts this season.

MechDX

dont-panic.gif

#HurlForHackenburg

Thank Tebow I have my Packers to fall back on

The eagles are like he Russians in Rocky 4. Have all the science you want, in the end it's about leadership and heart. Who is the leader of a team that replaces half their starters?

Line_HTX

I mean come the fuck on... Why the fuck does Arian have the same shit EVERY FUCKING TIME?!

Fucking shit...

Bench Foster for James Harden or RIOT!

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
No quarterback, no running back, lose their best wide out to a division rival, best offensive weapon plays on the defensive line. - #BOB

gutshot

The eagles are like he Russians in Rocky 4. Have all the science you want, in the end it's about leadership and heart. Who is the leader of a team that replaces half their starters?

I would say the leaders on this team are Kelce, Celek, Peters, Jenkins, Ryans, and Barwin. Matthews seems like he could grow into a leader this year too. And obviously whichever QB ends up becoming our starter will be counted on to lead.

Pepiope

Barwin is our leader.

and this
I would say the leaders on this team are Kelce, Celek, Peters, Jenkins, Ryans, and Barwin. Matthews seems like he could grow into a leader this year too. And obviously whichever QB ends up becoming our starter will be counted on to lead.

MechDX

No quarterback, no running back, lose their best wide out to a division rival, best offensive weapon plays on the defensive line. - #BOB

You Steeler fans are so cute with your pettiness.

Johnson was no longer our best wideout and have a stable of running backs. Please educate yourself

Barwin is our leader.

and this

:jnc So when are the Eagles getting letterman jackets?

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
I mean come the fuck on... Why the fuck does Arian have the same shit EVERY FUCKING TIME?!

Fucking shit...

Bench Foster for James Harden or RIOT!
pretty easy actually, one of or combination of the following:

he doesn't take care of himself in the offseason
he isn't stretching or getting stretched properly
his soft tissue is made out of old rubber bands. You know the kind, the ones you put in the that drawer like 10 years ago, and then when you finally need one you are all excited about knowing exactly were some are, only to open the drawer and find that they are all dried and brittle and when you apply even the most light of stretching to them, they snap in half? Yea, that's Arian Fosters soft tissue.

God dammit. Not even preseason yet and I need a drink. God bless the cycle I guess...

MechDX

Tania Ganguli ‏@taniaganguli · 2m2 minutes ago
This is a significant injury for Arian Foster. Can confirm, as @jaysonbraddock said, there's concern it will require groin surgery. #Texans

Im gonna go visit Jak

Godslay

Banned
...so again, keenum was like a second year rookie at that point, so yea putting him on the field to find out what they had would have been the best move. As you previously stated it is beneficial for QBs to get some bench time. Clearly if Keenum was ready to start out of college, he would have been drafted. Yet he wasn't. We had already seen what Yates could do when Schaub got hurt, no one had seen anything from Keenum on the field other than brief preseason stuff. Schaub was shot, as time has now told us because he was traded to Oakland and subsequently cut by Oakland this year. The team was going nowhere, so yea putting in Keenum was the best move, yet Kubiaks loyalty got the best of him, time and time again, as evidence by the fact that Kubes was the one that denied signing Peyton Manning because "schaub was the man"

Also just because someone has a contract doesn't mean jack and squat in the NFL.

your not going to convince me otherwise, so you might as well stop responding. Under no circumstances should schaub have been put back in any game, save for injury, after throwing multiple pick sixes in like 5 straight games.

Also, enjoy your Kubes this year.

good god, I thought that was schaub for a minute.

You're telling me that the coaching staff and the Texan's leadership didn't know what they had in Keenum? They sat there and watched him for 2 years. I think after 2 years they should have a good idea whether or not he could shoulder the load of being a starting QB in the league.

Yes, game time situations are unpredictable and different QBs respond differently. Odds are most QBs aren't magically going to morph into something different than what the team has evaluated them as. It really doesn't work that way.

Contracts do matter. A team is going to give additional leeway to higher paid investments before jettisoning that investment. Simply because the penalties for releasing that investment are typically higher and more impactful.

That's because you guys don't take any ownership of what your team does besides blaming everything on Kubes. Nobody else in Texan's history has made a negative decision besides Kubiak. It's a classic scapegoat.

MechDX

Wq4eA8q.jpg

The hero the Texans need

That's because you guys don't take any ownership of what your team does besides blaming everything on Kubes. Nobody else in Texan's history has made a negative decision besides Kubiak. It's a classic scapegoat.

Because Kubiak had final say on personnel, including contracts his entire time here. I do put the blame for that on McNair. Wait maybe Kubiaks arrogance and bad decision making is all Dom Capers fault. Fuck you Dom!

Top Bottom