• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Pre-Preseason Thread |OT| Milana Vayntrub presents "Wet Dreaming of a Super Bowl"

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 2m2 minutes ago

Texans' RB Alfred Blue was carted off field Monday.
But he had leg cramps for taking all the reps that Arian Foster couldn't. Blue is fine.

Jags GM said Blackmon's likely never coming back. That's probably the saddest busting out of a league I've ever seen, and I hope he gets help

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 2m2 minutes ago

Texans' RB Alfred Blue was carted off field Monday.
But he had leg cramps for taking all the reps that Arian Foster couldn't. Blue is fine.

Everything is fine. BoB will get back Tate. Nothing to be concerned over.

cu7O3as.jpg

Guy I went to high school with just shared this on FB:

11218077_10207195496547903_1914370363100240809_n.jpg

He was a Jets fan in high school but then became a Giants fan at some point... Also he has lived in Virginia his entire life.

My brain hurts.

jmizzal

Jags GM said Blackmon's likely never coming back. That's probably the saddest busting out of a league I've ever seen, and I hope he gets help

He has finished rehab and has been sober (As far as we know) for a while now, but he just doenst want to play football.

As a Jags fan I would respect him more if he just came out and said he is done with football. Instead he has not said anything in over a year.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Guy I went to high school with just shared this on FB:

11218077_10207195496547903_1914370363100240809_n.jpg

He was a Jets fan in high school but then became a Giants fan at some point... Also he has lived in Virginia his entire life.

My brain hurts.

That's almost as bad as a bunch of Europeans and Floridians magically rooting for the team winning Super Bowls.

Almost.

It's a real shame. I was looking forward to Robinson, Lee, Hurns, Blackmon, Greene and Sanders not to mention Julius Thomas this year. I am still thrilled we the receivers we do have.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Over/Under 5 starting QB's for the Texans this year?

I'll take the under because I can't imagine going over 4. I'm trying to remember if the Browns have even done 5 in a season before...I remember them doing 4 several years ago.

This is all YOUR fault. You are a jinx.

So your solution is to try and jinx Green Bay? I think we won a playoff game the last time you tried it.

I know the Texans are hurting for a qb, but Marino is like 60 years old. Favre's still got some spring in his step, though. Give him a call.

No lie, Brent would be the best quarterback in Houston but he'd never stay healthy.

I just had a Taco Bell chicken quesadilla, it was great.

You'd only think this if you were stuck with European mexican food for an extended amount of time.

Pepiope

Zach Berman ‏@ZBerm 24m24 minutes ago
Bradford wasn't joking -- play broke down, he tucked then ball and ran up the middle

This is a beautiful tweet.

MRSA

Banned
There's no difference between HBO Now and HBO Go Spinfuck. HBO Now is for people that want it as a standalone product rather than with their cable.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I dunno about Sunday Ticket, I can go out and watch the games at a bar and have a few beers to boot for the same price per week. There's nothing really keeping me at home though.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Zach Berman ‏@ZBerm 24m24 minutes ago
Bradford wasn't joking -- play broke down, he tucked then ball and ran up the middle

This is a beautiful tweet.

Pretty smart thing to do in practice when you're an injury prone QB one bruised rib away from being out of the league.

I already have Directv, I just have to call and complain and I'll get it for free

Edit: Also the daughter of one of my dealers came in (She's listed as owner).....holy shit she's hot.

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
I dunno about Sunday Ticket, I can go out and watch the games at a bar and have a few beers to boot for the same price per week. There's nothing really keeping me at home though.

That girl gonna call you and tell you she pregnant. You will have little Texan wienkes to take care of at home soon.

Bowser

Yeah, the bar in NYC that I go to for Panthers games has half price beers on Sundays anyway, so it doesn't really cost any more to go to the bar for me.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
You're telling me that the coaching staff and the Texan's leadership didn't know what they had in Keenum? They sat there and watched him for 2 years. I think after 2 years they should have a good idea whether or not he could shoulder the load of being a starting QB in the league.

Yes, game time situations are unpredictable and different QBs respond differently. Odds are most QBs aren't magically going to morph into something different than what the team has evaluated them as. It really doesn't work that way.

Contracts do matter. A team is going to give additional leeway to higher paid investments before jettisoning that investment. Simply because the penalties for releasing that investment are typically higher and more impactful.
Bullshit.
Explain Kurt Warner, explain Tom Brady. Explain why Steven Young sat behind Joe Montana for so long?

If every team knew how to evaluate players, especially QBs, properly the league would be a lot closer than it is.

You don't know what you have in a QB until that QB has started for at least a year or more, for the simple fact that you can't hit QBs in practice and practice is not a game.

not sure why you bother to keep responding.

That's because you guys don't take any ownership of what your team does besides blaming everything on Kubes. Nobody else in Texan's history has made a negative decision besides Kubiak. It's a classic scapegoat.
maybe mech thinks that. But Capers and Caserly were awful, horrible decision makers and coach/gm combo.

Kubes was good for a while, up until the point where he continually didn't hold players accountable, continually showed undying loyalty to his players to the detriment of the team.

Knowing our luck Bell will be out for the first 6 weeks of the season. Honestly though I'm just interested in seeing how Detroit's defense looks this year.

cajunator

Banned
Sounds like most months out of the year. Houston gets an absurd number of random pop up thunderstorms.

My favorite is when you're driving along and partly cloudy but sunny and then you run into a real quick sprinkle.

Yeah thats how it rains in the summer. Usually forms up, rains like hell for an hour, then clears out and back to sunshine. The only downside is it feels like a sauna.

A More Polished Tannehill Emerging
I can so easily remember the Ryan Tannehill of his first training camp. He was soft-spoken. He would rarely look you in the eye. He spoke of following others and of adjusting to this level. There wasn’t much passion in his voice nor much conviction in his words. He simply wanted to learn what playing quarterback in the NFL was all about.

Well, now he knows. Now, he has three years of experience. Now he has produced a body of work that shows a player clearly ascending, a player who has a total feel for his job and the responsibilities that come with it.

Ryan Tannehill, now only a few days after his 27th birthday, is all grown up.
But now he is in his second season in Bill Lazor’s offense and admits candidly, “we are light years ahead of where we were this time last season.”
It is the first day of training camp and Tannehill is told that Coach Joe Philbin is talking openly, for the first time that most can remember, about winning championships and about setting important goals. Why the difference this summer in Philbin’s message?

“I don’t know but I like it,” Tannehill said. “I love the confidence. I love the mindset it instills in the entire team. We’re not here to win just a few games. We’re here to win a championship. We’re not wasting our time out here each day, losing 10 pounds in practice, to not be playing in January and February.”

Tannehill looks over to the fans in the stands, many of them shouting encouragement in his direction. “This is contagious,” he said, looking at them. “We feed off of their excitement.”
:')

Top Bottom