• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Pre-Preseason Thread |OT| Milana Vayntrub presents "Wet Dreaming of a Super Bowl"

Line_HTX

Ehh... I'd rather have Sunday Ticket so I can change channels myself instead of RedZone doing everything for me. I don't like any interruptions... :p

#BanDeaconKnowledge

Holy shit, Blue... Don't scare me like that.

Has Mech finally abandoned Watt and has embraced Munn?

"Never be satisfied with anything, never be happy with just good."

Godslay

Banned
Bullshit.
Explain Kurt Warner, explain Tom Brady. Explain why Steven Young sat behind Joe Montana for so long?

If every team knew how to evaluate players, especially QBs, properly the league would be a lot closer than it is.

You don't know what you have in a QB until that QB has started for at least a year or more, for the simple fact that you can't hit QBs in practice and practice is not a game.

not sure why you bother to keep responding.

maybe mech thinks that. But Capers and Caserly were awful, horrible decision makers and coach/gm combo.

Kubes was good for a while, up until the point where he continually didn't hold players accountable, continually showed undying loyalty to his players to the detriment of the team.

I keep responding, because I don't necessarily agree with your viewpoint, and I'm sharing why.

For every QB that has sat and shined when he got his time, there are hundreds of guys who have backed up or washed out. By the numbers you've listed 3 guys. What about the hundreds of backups nobody cares to mention that never played a single down in a live game. Are they all just gems waiting to shine? Judging by what I've seen when they came into live games, more often then not the depth chart is correct.

Also getting hit in practice isn't going to make a QB's ability to go through progressions better, read what the defense is giving, improve footwork and accuracy, or provide a sense of leading the offense. Practice gives the coaches a controlled environment to see the fundamentals of that QB, and are evaluated as such. Games are a wildcard, but in reality the deviation from practice to gametime in those areas shouldn't be a massive difference, unless you know that the QB is more of a gamer than a practice player.

I'm not trying to defend Kubes honor here, I just think it's funny that he's the scapegoat. Decisions at that level are rarely made in a vacuum. I'm sure he has his share of the blame to carry, but as does the Texans leadership.

I would say the same thing for the Broncos.

Mech was trying to tell us how underrated Foster was yesterday, and now he's hurt. Mech is definitely at jinx. Good thing Hohoyer gonna slang it

squicken

I missed the talk yesterday, but Arian is underrated. I think the record with him healthy shows just how vital his presence is to scoring points.

But it is always the same thing; he is fighting soft tissue injuries, and now he has a very severe one. Luckily they have an easy schedule, but the Colts are going to coast to that division. Honestly, their goals are more about getting a bye and home field on New England

Holy shit Clowney's dad tried to kill someone

NFL star Jadeveon Clowney's father got busted for attempted murder following a wild west style shooting outside a South Carolina strip club.

Witnesses at the Crazy Horse strip club in Rock Hill, SC say David "Chilli Bean" Morgan got tossed out of the club early Tuesday morning for sitting on the stage -- but things got way more heated outside.

According to cops, Morgan was hanging out near the rear exit of the club ... and opened fire on another man who was standing out there. Unfortunately for Morgan ... that man was also packing, and returned fire, hitting Morgan in the shoulder.

He survived, but cops showed up and arrested Morgan for attempted murder and aggravated assault. He's still behind bars ... with a bail hearing set for Wednesday.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I like BOB as a coach but that pick is going to haunt them. Imagine them with Khalil Mack and JJ Watt rushing the passer ...

Hindsight and all that because no one was ever going to pick Mack over Clowney.

Clowney was supposed to be the next coming. Might still be!

I like BOB as a coach but that pick is going to haunt them. Imagine them with Khalil Mack and JJ Watt rushing the passer ...
The worst part about screwing up a #1 overall pick is looking at all of the successful guys in the draft. You could have had any of them. Like weinke said hindsight is 20/20 but the Texans would be a hell of a lot scarier with Teddy at the helm.

MRSA

Banned
Houston done fucked up not drafting Manziel and wasting a pick on Clowney.

Remember when Mech wanted Mack?

Khalil-Mack-52.jpg

He put on another 20lbs and even more of a monster.......maybe one day he'll be on Watt's level.

The worst part about screwing up a #1 overall pick is looking at all of the successful guys in the draft. You could have had any of them. Like weinke said hindsight is 20/20 but the Texans would be a hell of a lot scarier with Teddy at the helm.

Yeah, I get the Clowney pick, their massive fuck-up was not going up to get Bridgewater or taking Carr with their QB situation

Houston done fucked up not drafting Manziel and wasting a pick on Clowney.

I don't want a world where TexansGAF agrees completely with me that them getting rid of Schaub for someone was a mistake, and there's no world where they don't do that if the Texans get rid of Schaub for Manziel

Crisco

Banned
Ugh, starting to think Star Lotulelei is a lazy when it comes to physical conditioning, or just not built for a long career. He was like a poor man's Ngata his rookie year, but was overweight and less effective last year even before breaking his foot. Now he has a "stress reaction" in the same foot. Ah well, wasn't gonna be able to keep him, KK, Luke, KB, etc.... Better if some eliminate themselves.

MRSA

Banned
Ugh, starting to think Star Lotulelei is a lazy when it comes to physical conditioning, or just not built for a long career. He was like a poor man's Ngata his rookie year, but was overweight and less effective last year even before breaking his foot. Now he has a "stress reaction" in the same foot. Ah well, wasn't gonna be able to keep him, KK, Luke, KB, etc.... Better if some eliminate themselves.

Wasn't that his major knock? Takes himself out of plays because he's a fatty.

Crisco

Banned
Wasn't that his major knock? Takes himself out of plays because he's a fatty.

Well he fell in the draft because of a phantom heart condition that turned out to be due to an acute viral infection. People said he took plays off, but that never really held up when you looked at the tape, he was just getting double/triple teamed a lot.

Top Bottom