• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Pre-Preseason Thread |OT| Milana Vayntrub presents "Wet Dreaming of a Super Bowl"

bionic77

Never said they were not I just have been clear that Mallett has upside (opinion) and a lot of unknown (fact). Now Hoyer sucks and that is fact

But of course the typical reaction here is "LOL! your team sucks! My team will be terrible!" Please forgive me oh great NFL GAF for not being a pessimistic fan and downplaying everything like a cowardly bitch.
I am with Mech.

This is the time where we can be delusional and yell at those who disagree with us. As long as we are in agreement that these posts can be later used against us. FMT started this tradition and it should be carried on for as long as possible.

For myself I am hoping that the Steelers can be a top 3 offense, a top 25 defense and win another Superbowl. I want to see the usual storyline of the Steelers getting in based on a late winning streak and 8 crazy things that needed to happen for us to just make the playoffs. At which point our 25th ranked defense somehow plays amazingly well for 4 games and carries our team to a record 7th SB win. Oh yeah and it would be nice if Tomlin made all the right decisions during the game and good 2nd half adjustments and if Ben didn't rape any more fat co-eds this offseason.

MechDX

Dianna Marie Russini ‏@diannaESPN · 2h2 hours ago
Before Philly removed the tender on Chris Polk, Texans had interest in trading. When Philly finally released him-Texans were all over him

Dianna Marie Russini ‏@diannaESPN · 2h2 hours ago
Look for him to be the first one to see if he can hold down the fort while Foster is out. #Texans

Did now know that. (first tweet)

Everybody (yeah), everybody (yeah), let's get into it (yeah), get stupid (c'mon)
Get it started (c'mon), get it started (yeah), get it started!

Let's get it started (Mech), let's get it started in here.

brian-hoyer-football-headshot-photo.jpg

Eleuin

Never said they were not I just have been clear that Mallett has upside (opinion) and a lot of unknown (fact). Now Hoyer sucks and that is fact

But of course the typical reaction here is "LOL! your team sucks! My team will be terrible!" Please forgive me oh great NFL GAF for not being a pessimistic fan and downplaying everything like a cowardly bitch.
There is nothing wrong with being optimistic but c'mon, if the difference between a Winning and losing record is mallet starting your team has problems

Will you at least admit that mallett isn't shit if Hoyer wins the job? lol

MechDX

There is nothing wrong with being optimistic but c'mon, if the difference between a Winning and losing record is mallet starting your team has problems

Will you at least admit that mallett isn't shit if Hoyer wins the job? lol

That can be said for 90% of the league and their starting QB.

This team won 9 games last year learning completely new systems on both sides of the ball. Used 4 different QB's including Fitzpatrick and Keenum who had not been with the team weeks 1-15. The defense improved a bunch in the 2nd half of the season and we had a slight glimpse of how the offense can be efficient and deadly in Mallets brief appearance before injury. O'Brien showed in year one he will gameplan to suit his personnel available to him and learn from his rookie HC mistakes. A trait not a lot of coaches in this league actually have

Plenty to be optimistic about

A smeared video in training camp with a redshirted Tannehill against half speed defense. All the proof anyone should need!
Tannehill has missed some deep throws in his career but a lot of the complaints stem from stuff like this:

2014-09-17-11_21_50.gif

Not a lot of time to let the play develop, had to avoid pressure, had to pass on the run, no help from the WR.

Lots of excuses I know but it's hard to throw consistently good deep passes with all that working against you.

bionic77

Less than zero since he's a Viking now. I don't blame you for not remembering though since he completely fell off the face of the Earth immediately after the trade.
:lol

I forgot all about.

I feel like no one gave the Dolphins enough shit or said I told you so enough about that bum.

Line_HTX

DeaconKnowledge thinks he's so kawaii with that Hoy Hoy shit, such an adorable Stealer~ [sic]

This offense is atrocious, but I'll admit I can see the optimism, albeit cautiously. They still need to do more shit to make the offense good enough as to not drag down the defense into the abyss.

I believe in MikeHoncho. XD

Another theory I have... Last season Lazor realized the o-line was complete trash so he focused on quick hitting passes on short to intermediate routes. I honestly believe that had more to do with the o-line than a lack of skill on Tannehill's part.

He's the most sacked QB in the league over the last three years. Easiest way to keep that tally going up is by calling long developing five/seven step drop plays.

I do seem to be getting banned a lot recently.

:(
I commend you for speaking the truth about the despicable, heinous, low-life organization we know as the New England Patriots. Sadly, as we've seen at many points throughout the dark history of humanity, truth is not always received with an open mind and justice seeking heart.

Another theory I have... Last season Lazor realized the o-line was complete trash so he focused on quick hitting passes on short to intermediate routes. I honestly believe that had more to do with the o-line than a lack of skill on Tannehill's part.

He's the most sacked QB in the league over the last three years. Easiest way to keep that tally going up is by calling long developing five/seven step drop plays.

How many years has Tanny been in the league? 3 right?

How many years do you think it was before Alex Smith said "fuck it" to the deep stuff?

Brady could play until the end of time, his legacy is still tainted. He will go on Mount Cheatmore with Barry and Lance.

In the company of two of the greatest athletes in the history of the world? I bet he cries himself to sleep at night after fucking his supermodel wife.

How many years has Tanny been in the league? 3 right?

How many years do you think it was before Alex Smith said "fuck it" to the deep stuff?
Alex Smith doesn't have the arm strength. To be honest Tanny overthrew Wallace more than he underthrew him. I really wish you would stop with that horrendously lazy comparison. Tannehill's problem is not arm strength, if anything it's accuracy, and many times that has been impacted by abysmal o-line play. I'm not talking bad o-line play I'm talking abysmal. As I mentioned before PFF had them at 32/32 last season.

Aside from that Lazor's offense is a west coast scheme primarily designed around quick hitting passes but they claim this season they are going to try to stretch the field more. You don't bring in a guy like Kenny Stills and draft Devante Parker to run short outs and curls all day.

In the company of two of the greatest athletes in the history of the world? I bet he cries himself to sleep at night after fucking his supermodel wife.

Shhhh the only people who cheat are the ones who are caught or implicated. Its not a widespread or normalized thing in sports, not at all.

jakncoke

Banned
So should we all be envious of their ill-gotten gains?

You know Barry, Lance, and Brady's careers are built on lies.

You know it's true.

You just asked a man who despite being a Skins fan wears Brady boxers and has a Tom Brady fat head on the ceiling that

SonnyBoy

:jnc

Total joke of a coach. Doesn't get it at all.

Look at Belichick (or Popovich) for how you should do sports press conferences.

No link, I was listening to his latest press conference.

A reporter, in regards to an SI contributor calling Jay a mastermind play designer, asked him if he's expound upon the offense. OR. Work on perfecting what they did last year. Jay DEEEEEPLY sighed, LOL. He essentially said that you'd like to grow the offense but it's held back by an inability of people to understand it...

He and RGIII both need to go IMO.

Godslay

Banned
You just asked a man who despite being a Skins fan wears Brady boxers and has a Tom Brady fat head on the ceiling that

I know he's fawned over Brady for sometime.

At least Brady doesn't align himself with a scumbag like Papa John. That's far more disgusting than cheating at a sport.

So he disagrees with political environments and adjusts his business accordingly? Sounds like business to me. Don't like it, don't eat there. Pretty simple.

What else did he do that was so disgusting? Did he testicle whip that Little Cesars mascot or something?

Alex Smith doesn't have the arm strength. To be honest Tanny overthrew Wallace more than he underthrew him. I really wish you would stop with that horrendously lazy comparison. Tannehill's problem is not arm strength, if anything it's accuracy, and many times that has been impacted by abysmal o-line play. I'm not talking bad o-line play I'm talking abysmal. As I mentioned before PFF had them at 32/32 last season.

Aside from that Lazor's offense is a west coast scheme primarily designed around quick hitting passes but they claim this season they are going to try to stretch the field more. You don't bring in a guy like Kenny Stills and draft Devante Parker to run short outs and curls all day.

I'm half joking, but I think the comparison is apt. Alex Smith not having the arm strength for deep stuff is a lazy comparison. Alex Smith has enough arm to get the throws downfield, but his accuracy on deep throws is poor and he hates getting hit. He instead focuses on high percentage throws as a result.

Since Tanny has been in the league he's been slammed around like a rag doll and has poor accuracy when he does get a shot off. He got a long bomb guy and the offense focused on putting him in traffic (which he sucked at) rather than feeding him deep shots which he excelled at. Meanwhile Fins fans have been complaining about a shit o-line for years though aside from sacks they tend to grade out as mediocre at best. Is it so out there to come to the conclusion that maybe the deep stuff just isn't part of Tannehill's game?

Top Bottom