• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Pre-Preseason Thread |OT| Milana Vayntrub presents "Wet Dreaming of a Super Bowl"

lol, someone actually pressed McCarthy on whether or not he is concerned that Fraudgers has thrown 5 interceptions so far this spring.
I'm guessing his response was this:

ycoTu.jpg

or this:

bilde

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
I like the 12-4 season skip.

Is it bad coaching or bad team building to be hovering around 0.500 year in and year out? Or both.

I said he had 3 winning seasons, 12-4 is included in that.

Its bad coaching. Bill O'Brien took that 2-14 team and went 9-7 with 4 different QBs.

eznark

Banned
I'm guessing his response was this:

ycoTu.jpg

or this:

bilde

I was hoping his response would be "it's because I'm not calling the plays!!!"

But he was basically Rodgers is testing his receivers, some guys are failing and in some cases young dbacks are making plays. Also we are trading him for Matt Flynn.

Coors light is dog piss filtered through a dirty diaper

Also they are selling Superbowl tickets already, $3254 for the cheapest ones...I wonder if I should buy one now...or wait to see if they get cheaper?

captive

Oh wow, what an improvement over 8-8.

no one in the AFC south ever makes the playoffs at 8-8, this isn't the AFC or NFC west. A Winning season is a winning season is a winning season. I expected 5 wins tops, and you can check my posts from preseason last year. So yea, going from 2 wins to 9 wins, doesn't happen every year.

Look, I get it, your coach is our cast off, it probably hurts. I mean you replaced john fox with gary Kubiak. And you have personal ties with him cause he was your teams backup QB for a while and the coordinator when you won two superbowls. He is not a good coach. His in game coaching was paltry, his coaching challenges were abysmal. If the Denver Broncos have any success this year it will be because of Peyton Manning and Wade Phillips.

Really though, I would love, LOVE to hear you justify a team keep a coach that lead a team to 2-14. Please, I could use a good laugh.

eznark

Banned
Coors light is dog piss filtered through a dirty diaper

Also they are selling Superbowl tickets already, $3254 for the cheapest ones...I wonder if I should buy one now...or wait to see if they get cheaper?

Cheapest tickets last year were half that in January, so if you are thinking you can resell them and make money...not a great idea.

MechDX

no one in the AFC south ever makes the playoffs at 8-8, this isn't the AFC or NFC west. A Winning season is a winning season is a winning season. I expected 5 wins tops, and you can check my posts from preseason last year. So yea, going from 2 wins to 9 wins, doesn't happen every year.

Look, I get it, your coach is our cast off, it probably hurts. I mean you replaced john fox with gary Kubiak. And you have personal ties with him cause he was your teams backup QB for a while and the coordinator when you won two superbowls. He is not a good coach. His in game coaching was paltry, his coaching challenges were abysmal. If the Denver Broncos have any success this year it will be because of Peyton Manning and Wade Phillips.

Really though, I would love, LOVE to hear you justify a team keep a coach that lead a team to 2-14. Please, I could use a good laugh.

"3rd and long? Draw play!" It became so predictable it was no longer funny. Im pretty sure the Texans lead the league last year in going for it on 4th and short last year. While Kubiak was always playing it safe O'Brien is willing to say fuck it and show some sack.

As Bills fans warned us in 2011: the first year with Wade as DC is awesome. Always produces a dominant defense. then year two happens and Wade gets that look of amazement when Brady dinks and dunks you to death while wishing there was a zone type defense to help stop that.

eznark

Banned
Only way they make it is if the rest of the league quits and joins the CFL

Hmmm yeah I guess so, I really am planning on going regardless of who makes it.

Definitely at least go to the Super Bowl village stuff. I also recommend going to hotel bars at high end hotels. Insane amount of talent always flocks there.

captive

"3rd and long? Draw play!" It became so predictable it was no longer funny.

As Bills fans warned us in 2011: the first year with Wade as DC is awesome. Always produces a dominant defense. then year two happens and Wade gets that look of amazement when Brady dinks and dunks you to death while wishing there was a zone type defense to help stop that.

I know right. Oh, 3rd and long, time for another bathroom break, beer run, food run etc, while we punt then go to commercial

Definitely at least go to the Super Bowl village stuff. I also recommend going to hotel bars at high end hotels. Insane amount of talent always flocks there.

I didn't even think of that, I'm going to request that Friday and Monday off for SB weekend and head over there. I have family and friends that live out there so no need to waste on an overpriced hotel either, more money for booze!

Konka

Banned
I didn't even think of that, I'm going to request that Friday and Monday off for SB weekend and head over there. I have family and friends that live out there so no need to waste on an overpriced hotel either, more money for booze!

And you'll be able to enjoy beautiful San Fran...Santa Clara.

Godslay

Banned
Bill O'Brien birthed and molded JJ Watt.

I think JJ Watt is supremely talented. The guys that guided him early are now coaching for the Denver Broncos. Wade, Kollar, and to a lesser degree Kubes. So I guess there was bad coaching all around in Houston.

The difference between 8-8 and 9-7 in the AFCS is nothing. Especially when you are short a QB and facing either Peyton or Luck year in and year out. Nobody succeeds in that situation, especially when you don't have a QB or have ever been able to develop QB talent in the history of your franchise. BOB could coach his dick off, and odds are you aren't emerging in that scenario.

Congrats on going from 2-14 to barely cracking 0.500. It's quite an accomplishment. The Broncos did the same thing with Tebow at the helm going from 4-12, to 8-8. As did the Chiefs a couple years back, which their success was cut from the same mold (decent defense keeping them alive, no offense). The Colts also did it going 2-14, to 11-5, but I'm sure you don't want to mention that since once again you are overshadowed by the Colts.

As far as him being your sloppy seconds. I've always wanted Kubes to be the coach when Shanny was done. I've said it all along. He happened to be offered the Houston job prior to that happening so it was put on hold. He had a decidedly average tenure in Houston, some minor successes here and there, but ultimately failing. I'm sure it was a learning experience for all those involved. I won't hold that against him, even Cheatin' Pete got a second shot!

I like the cop out of pinning all the potential success on Wade and Peyton. If he's such a shitty coach, I'm sure he can find a way to sabotage the whole team. Additionally, I never said that he should have stayed in Texas. I told Mech at the conclusion that it was good for him to move on because obviously it wasn't working any more. It happens to all coaches, I've seen it myself when Denver nuked Shanahan.

So enjoy your laughs, I don't care. I've been honest in my assertions. I like Kubes, I think he'll be a good coach here with the franchise fully backing him and the synergy with him and Elway. It's a completely different situation than it was in Houston. Does that mean we'll win a Superbowl? Given we've won two in all the seasons, probably not, but I wouldn't want anyone else at the helm.

E: Looks like Wolfe just has a concussion.

captive

I don't even know what your trying to argue anymore.

Also its not a cop out to pin success on Peyton. Dude carried Jim freaking Caldwell to an almost perfect season and the superbowl.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

Also its not a cop out to pin success on Peyton. Dude carried Jim freaking Caldwell to an almost perfect season and the superbowl.

Kas is going to be writing a furious response to this later

Spinluck

I feel like Texans fans are always arguing.

We should all just be friends, and talk about how good Luck is and hope that he throws less INTs this year.

Bread

Banned
I feel like Texans fans are always arguing.

We should all just be friends, and talk about how good Luck is and hope that he throws less INTs this year.
texans fans are definitely the strangest of all, judging by this thread. what's in that houston water?

I really don't get the Caldwell hate, tbh I thought some of it was out of bounds to troubling levels. I saw a couple things that gave me pause last year (late game management and the conservatism of certain calls) but overall I think he did a really good job. Really my biggest complaint is that I think he fucked up picking his OC. If the offense doesn't take a leap this year Lombardi has to go. And once he's fired I sure as hell can't imagine him getting another OC job.

Spinluck

I mostly agree with this even though Manning choked it away. But I think Caldwell is actually a good offensive mind. Crap head coach, but he did work in Baltimore.

That or maybe Flacco is just fucking scary in the playoffs like Eli.

Konka

Banned
I mostly agree with this even though Manning choked it away. But I think Caldwell is actually a good offensive mind. Crap head coach, but he did work in Baltimore.

That or maybe Flacco is just fucking scary in the playoffs like Eli.

Fuck it and chuck it for either a long PI or a long catch, Win Win situation!

MechDX

I really don't get the Caldwell hate, tbh I thought some of it was out of bounds to troubling levels. I saw a couple things that gave me pause last year (late game management and the conservatism of certain calls) but overall I think he did a really good job. Really my biggest complaint is that I think he fucked up picking his OC. If the offense doesn't take a leap this year Lombardi has to go. And once he's fired I sure as hell can't imagine him getting another OC job.

TheManyFacesAndEmotionsOfJimCaldwell.jpg

and just because:

brl2Mzi.jpg

NDkuNSp.jpg

:jnc

Spinluck

How many rushing yards will the colts give up to New England this year?

Why are you playing this game

texans fans are definitely the strangest of all, judging by this thread. what's in that houston water?

If I did not know any better, I would just assume that Mech has physically assaulted at least 2-3 Colts fans in his lifetime. And has perhaps thrown glass bottles at a Cowboys fan at least once.

eznark

Banned
Awesome use of public funds!

Taxpayers will be paying for a new UWM arena which will house the Admirals, a team partially owned by billionaire Brewers owner Mark Attanassio.

So the Bucks deal is welfare for 3 billionaires! Well done Walker!

Top Bottom