• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Pre-Preseason Thread |OT| Milana Vayntrub presents "Wet Dreaming of a Super Bowl"

rando14

Anyone wanna play Rocket League ?? I may suck worse than Wilson at the 1 yard line BUT I can offer an award-winning smile AND I will not be disrespectful, I promise!! My PSN is nipun49

From the ESPN 2015 Body Issue, the Indianapolis offensive linemen, giving new meaning to the "O" line. That last pic tho. (I'll go ahead and spoiler tag it in case you guys don't want mostly naked men on your screen):

DbZOZYV.jpg

Anyone wanna play Rocket League ?? I may suck worse than Wilson at the 1 yard line BUT I can offer an award-winning smile AND I will not be disrespectful, I promise!! My PSN is nipun49

Rando!!! I missed you buddy! of course I'll play with you!!

PSN Maguss I'll add you right now!

A corner not being able to outrun a fat ass QB does sound like some bullshit Hollywood script!

But that same corner got stabbed by his girlfriend the night previous!

It has everything!

A legacy of championships that the current characters can't live up to - 70s Steelers
A respected coach that can't win the big one - Cowher
Crushing defeats - the 01 and 04 AFC Championships
A beloved retiring veteran coming back for one more year - Bettis
The brash and fiery leader of the team - Joey Porter
The clean cut young prodigy - Ben Roethlisberger
A promise of ultimate glory after a crushing defeat - Ben promising Bettis he'd get him to the Super Bowl

The team at its lowest point after getting destroyed by not 1 but 2 antagonists (The Bengals and Colts) -

tduzzle_display_image.jpg

Seemingly insurmountable odds - Steelers at 7-5 and needing to win EVERY REMAINING GAME just to make the playoffs as a 6th seed, and no 6th Seed has EVER won the Super Bowl in NFL history
Iconic moment -

Bettis_Urlacher_010615_Article_1.jpg

Redemption against the villain #2 - defeating the heavily favored Bengals (after Kimo takes out Palmer)

The hero's brush with death -

poy02.jpg

Redemption against the villain #1 - narrowly defeating the Colts, by the string of a shoe

ben-roethlisberger-nick-harper.jpg

Homecoming - Bettis playing his final game in his hometown

Passing the torch - Bettis to Willie Parker

Ultimate Victory and a retirement on the podium

giphy.gif

It even had Comic relief -

14-14239.jpg

It's like Disney wrote the bitch!

You should leave this thread Rando you're too innocent to get corrupted by these fucking animals.

rando, this place is a hellhole now. Go back to the MLB thread before you sully yourself hanging around with these heathens.

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
Can people trust them again? I don't think they are in the Northeast either.

I like Ice Cream though.
https://33.media.tumblr.com/d26407e9ba4eae3eb2301a741bb9fb90/tumblr_nr7frixgXK1si2qrmo1_500.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

I trust them with my life.

[quote="Grover Cleveland, post: 171428147"]rando, this place is a hellhole now. Go back to the MLB thread before you sully yourself hanging around with these heathens.[/QUOTE]

Screw you man. Even Gata is better than MLB gaf.

Spinluck

I only play with friends, sorry.

But that same corner got stabbed by his girlfriend the night previous!

It has everything!

A legacy of championships that the current characters can't live up to - 70s Steelers
A respected coach that can't win the big one - Cowher
Crushing defeats - the 01 and 04 AFC Championships
A beloved retiring veteran coming back for one more year - Bettis
The brash and fiery leader of the team - Joey Porter
The clean cut young prodigy - Ben Roethlisberger
A promise of ultimate glory after a crushing defeat - Ben promising Bettis he'd get him to the Super Bowl

The team at its lowest point after getting destroyed by not 1 but 2 antagonists (The Bengals and Colts) -

tduzzle_display_image.jpg

Seemingly insurmountable odds - Steelers at 7-5 and needing to win EVERY REMAINING GAME just to make the playoffs as a 6th seed, and no 6th Seed has EVER won the Super Bowl in NFL history
Iconic moment -

Bettis_Urlacher_010615_Article_1.jpg

Redemption against the villain #2 - defeating the heavily favored Bengals (after Kimo takes out Palmer)

The hero's brush with death -

poy02.jpg

Redemption against the villain #1 - narrowly defeating the Colts, by the string of a shoe

ben-roethlisberger-nick-harper.jpg

Homecoming - Bettis playing his final game in his hometown

Passing the torch - Bettis to Willie Parker

Ultimate Victory and a retirement on the podium

giphy.gif

It even had Comic relief -

14-14239.jpg

It's like Disney wrote the bitch!

Wow, not a single mention of Manning choking, I'm proud of you. :')

Godslay

Banned
Broncos: 52.9 win percentage
Raiders: 53.7 win percentage

Since the start of the Super Bowl, 1967 (48 Seasons):
Broncos: 56.5%
Raiders: 55.3%

Post-Merger, 1970 - 2014 (45 seasons):
Broncos: 58.1%
Raiders: 53.0%

Pre-Merger 1960-1969 (10 seasons):
Broncos: 29.3%
Raiders: 56.8%

Broncos have been better longer. As well as more consistently (over a longer set of years). The Raiders overall win percentage is slightly better simply due a dominance in a ten year period.

I mean, the only thing I'm going to play Wussy for the fact that he's taking care of Future's kid for free.

I can't give him too big an L for the no sex thing because he's still holding down a chick that most of us can only dream of being with.

Milchjon

Gator pls we are friend we should not speak this way to each other, we should instead be having barbecues and playing games together

I see no beer mentioned in this sentence.

You failed me, Rando.

Currently finishing off a 750 ml bottle of Belgian 8% beer. jak'd up

zychi

Banned
Its funny to turn espn on today. JA Adande throwing a tantrum because he thinks private medical records is okay to show, but cctv video of something occuring in public(like the punch by the fsu kid) is not.

Its funny how someone like Woody Paige, just an employee at ESPN and a guy who fucks around on tv, doesnt believe that was right, but a guy who is near the top of espn like Adande saying this is ok, shows how Espn is turning into tmz versus the old school mentality of some privacy.

Godslay

Banned
Its funny to turn espn on today. JA Adande throwing a tantrum because he thinks private medical records is okay to show, but cctv video of something occuring in public(like the punch by the fsu kid) is not.

Its funny how someone like Woody Paige, just an employee at ESPN and a guy who fucks around on tv, doesnt believe that was right, but a guy who is near the top of espn like Adande saying this is ok, shows how Espn is turning into tmz versus the old school mentality of some privacy.

Woody Paige is borderline mentally retarded though. He used to be a Denver guy. Him and Kislza have pretty bad takes typically.

cajunator

Banned
Blue Bell's coming back?

America saved!

Full disclosure: this is spoken by someone who eats ice cream maybe once every five years

Honestly I look forward to it because flavorwise everything else that I have been trying to replace it with has been disappointing.
Ive actually gone more for yogurt since then.
On a positive note, there is still a New orleans ice cream maker that makes a decent creole cream cheese so I might stick with them.
Its really difficult to find flavors like pecan pralines and cream and rocky road though.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Honestly I look forward to it because flavorwise everything else that I have been trying to replace it with has been disappointing.
Ive actually gone more for yogurt since then.
On a positive note, there is still a New orleans ice cream maker that makes a decent creole cream cheese so I might stick with them.
Its really difficult to find flavors like pecan pralines and cream and rocky road though.

Rocky road is hard to find?

I feel like that's one of those top 5 most common flavor things.

zychi

Banned
Woody Paige is borderline mentally retarded though. He used to be a Denver guy. Him and Kislza have pretty bad takes typically.

I know thats why its funny for him to be the voice of reason. The other two on the show were just kind of watching what they were saying and skewing around the question.

Adande was the most vocal and emotional, usually he's the laid back suck up. He has a lot of power within ESPN supposedly- and it shows because he has the TMZ mentality that shows like Sportscenter and some of the reporters there have.

cajunator

Banned
Rocky road is hard to find?

I feel like that's one of those top 5 most common flavor things.

you would think, but no.

A bunch of ice cream makers make all these mixed up "artisan" flavors and shit.
There are some interesting sounding ones but nothing simple like cookies and cream.
Granted the ice cream selection at Walmart usually sucks anyway, but thats where I go to get ice cream because its literally next door to the office building.

Godslay

Banned
I know thats why its funny for him to be the voice of reason. The other two on the show were just kind of watching what they were saying and skewing around the question.

Adande was the most vocal and emotional, usually he's the laid back suck up. He has a lot of power within ESPN supposedly- and it shows because he has the TMZ mentality that shows like Sportscenter and some of the reporters there have.

I don't watch ESPN. I know of all these guys due to popular culture, and snippets here and there.

If it's anything like Colin Cowherd's radio show, it's garbage media.

you would think, but no.

A bunch of ice cream makers make all these mixed up "artisan" flavors and shit.
There are some interesting sounding ones but nothing simple like cookies and cream.
Granted the ice cream selection at Walmart usually sucks anyway, but thats where I go to get ice cream because its literally next door to the office building.
You must have a shit Walmart

Top Bottom