• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Pre-Preseason Thread |OT| Milana Vayntrub presents "Wet Dreaming of a Super Bowl"

Hello, enemy.

How do you feel about murderers being inducted into the hall of fame?

:/

Welcome, friend.

How do you feel about Joe "Elite" Flacco?

I like him. I think he's probably Top 10, but when I think elite, I typically think Brady, Manning (you know which), Brees, Rodgers, and maybe Roethlisberger (but I think he'll never be as good as he was from 2005-2010). I think Newton, Wilson, and possibly Kaepernick are on their way. I honestly feel Flacco is in there among those quarterbacks. The thing with Flacco is he is good during the season, but seems to be a whole different beast once the playoffs come around. So, yeah I think Flacco can be (and has at times been) elite. I think, as last year showed, he had a good system in place. I'm happy Trestmann's system is essentially the same as Kubiak's.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
CONFIRMED: Kenny Stabler Passes Away

Kenny Stabler's ex-wife Rose Stabler confirms to Local 15 News that Kenny has passed away at the age of 69.

RIP

e -

CJgn6-MUcAAnDS-.png

Fuck you, cancer!

Since the start of the Super Bowl, 1967 (48 Seasons):
Broncos: 56.5%
Raiders: 55.3%

Post-Merger, 1970 - 2014 (45 seasons):
Broncos: 58.1%
Raiders: 53.0%

Pre-Merger 1960-1969 (10 seasons):
Broncos: 29.3%
Raiders: 56.8%

Broncos have been better longer. As well as more consistently (over a longer set of years). The Raiders overall win percentage is slightly better simply due a dominance in a ten year period.

Those ten years matter just as much as the last ten years when you are looking at overall records. The only way this is even a discussion is because the Raiders have been so poor the last ten years

Also the Raiders dominance was over 20 years, not 10. From 66 to 85 they had a 73.4 win percentage, The Broncos have been average over the majority of their existence whereas the Raiders had much longer highs and lower lows. When you average it all out though, the Raiders have the better winning percentage, no cherry picking necessary

gVTAUo1.png

19-0 Packers confirmed.

The fact that they're even asking this question confirms we're in the clownshoes part of the NFL schedule. Right between clickbait top 100 players lists and "WHATS THE GREATEST UNIFORM OF ALLTIME?" contests.

It's the black on black Panthers alternates by the way. Yes, the ones that the Panthers have only worn like six times and lost four of those games in.

Godslay

Banned
Those ten years matter just as much as the last ten years when you are looking at overall records. The only way this is even a discussion is because the Raiders have been so poor the last ten years

Also the Raiders dominance was over 20 years, not 10. From 66 to 85 they had a 73.4 win percentage, The Broncos have been average over the majority of their existence whereas the Raiders had much longer highs and lower lows. When you average it all out though, the Raiders have the better winning percentage, no cherry picking necessary

Broncos hit 300 wins in 30 seasons, and Bowlen is the only owner to do so.

A little more on the sustained success:

Bowlen is one of 13 owners in professional football history with a tenure of at least 30 years. Among them, his 60-percent career winning percentage ranks second only to Giants founder Tim Mara.

In his 30 seasons as an owner, the team has won 10 division titles. The franchise has seen regular-season win totals of 14, 13 (four times), 12 (twice), 11 (four times) and 10 (three times). Fourteen of the 15 best seasons in team history have come during Mr. Bowlen’s ownership.

In the last 30 years, the team ranks second in regular-season wins and Super Bowl appearances in addition to finishing with the fewest losing seasons among non-expansion teams during that span.

In the last 30 years the Raiders have:

Had a win percentage of 44%. Good for 7-9 over the last 30 years. The Raiders did have a good run in 1966-1985, but it's not sustained like the last 30 years the Broncos have posted.

Raiders do have the H2H regular season (tie in post-season 1-1) and Superbowls 3-2 over the Broncos. The Broncos have won the division more often 14 for Broncos - 12 for Raiders, have more wildcard berths 7 Broncos - 5 Raiders, and more Superbowl appearances also 7 Broncos -5 Raiders.

If that's an average existence, I look forward to the next 30 years! The first 10 years were shitty though, similar to the last 30 for the Raiders.

Godslay

Banned
People going to ride this defense after 2 games :(

Let's hope it's as good as we think it could be. We face these guys in the regular season (in order):

Flacco
Stafford
Rodgers
Luck
Cutler
Brady
Rios x 2
Roethlisburger

That's a pretty good set of QBs, not to mention facing some decent up and comers in Bridgewater and Carr. They'll have to be consistent.

Also saw this today:

5NTJZJy.png

Nickel package is likely to contain Ware, Von, and Ray. Good lord!

zychi

Banned
Any you jerks mmo players? Looking to get one to play for a month. Im torn between resubbing to ff xiv for $13 and play alone or to get eso on my roommates's xbox for $30($60/2) and gameshare it to play with another buddy. I was banking that the xbox deals would have eso on sale but it hasnt so far

Any you jerks mmo players? Looking to get one to play for a month. Im torn between resubbing to ff xiv for $13 and play alone or to get eso on my roommates's xbox for $30($60/2) and gameshare it to play with another buddy. I was banking that the xbox deals would have eso on sale but it hasnt so far

I play star trek online, alone....lol

Chris R

FFXIV looks like it would be more fun than more WoW at this point for me, but I'm waiting for ESO to go on sale just like you since it doesn't have the monthly fee and I only want to play whatever MMO I'm on at the moment for maybe 10 hours a month.

Also it looks like I'm going to a Broncos game... with the worst seats imaginable. Gonna bring the nose bleed seats to a whole new level lol

Malalaw

I have a frozen FF14 account I might re up.

Top Bottom