• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Pre-Preseason Thread |OT| Milana Vayntrub presents "Wet Dreaming of a Super Bowl"

Anime's bad for you
Stay off Page 2

giphy.gif

If we're going basketball analogies, Matthew Stafford is Tim Duncan. God given talent, humble and loyal to the city that drafted him. Doesn't have time for music videos and does not seek public attention or admiration for his God given talent. He just works everyday at improving his craft and being the best he can be at his particular position.
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

If we're going basketball analogies, Matthew Stafford is Tim Duncan. God given talent, humble and loyal to the city that drafted him. Doesn't have time for music videos and does not seek public attention or admiration for his God given talent. He just works everyday at improving his craft and being the best he can be at his particular position.

Tim Duncan wins tho

JABEE

The perfect analog to Matthew Stafford is Phil Kessel.

Both are fat.

Both are toolsy dudes that don't give a shit about improving or working out.

Both are hated by eznark.

Both played for eternally doomed franchises, the Lions and Maple Leafs respectively.

Kessel also is more talented than Stafford in a savant-like manner. Despite Kessel's weight, he is one of the fastest skaters in the NHL.

At least with Kessel, he was traded to the Penguins, a team with recent success. Stafford is stuck on the Lions. I actually feel bad about Calvin Johnson getting Barry'd by that shitty franchise.

Draxal

the Panera avocado, egg, and spinach breakfast sandwich is surprisingly good.

Sorry, Taylor Ham, Egg and Cheese with SPK is the only breakfast sandwich there is.

I laughed at first but now I'm wondering if that guy is dead/paralyzed...

I've been playing the new fire emblem for a while btw, it's so gooood, maps are so much better and the animations are really great. Can't wait for it to come out in the states.

I've been playing the new fire emblem for a while btw, it's so gooood, maps are so much better and the animations are really great. Can't wait for it to come out in the states.
Fantastic! I'd been wondering about your impressions now that you've had it for a good while. I loved almost everything about Awakening so if there are any improvements I'll be thrilled with it. I'm assuming you've played the two main paths? Has the third one released yet? How are you liking the mechanical changes like enemies being able to pair-up?

Reading the import OT got me so hyped for more FE I decided to go back and play through 6 for the first time. It's pretty great so far, I think I'm on Chapter 14 or so. Maps seem quite a bit larger than what I remember from 7.

Draxal

Fantastic! I'd been wondering about your impressions now that you've had it for a good while. I loved almost everything about Awakening so if there are any improvements I'll be thrilled with it. I'm assuming you've played the two main paths? Has the third one released yet? How are you liking the mechanical changes like enemies being able to pair-up?

Reading the import OT got me so hyped for more FE I decided to go back and play through 6 for the first time. It's pretty great so far, I think I'm on Chapter 14 or so. Maps seem quite a bit larger than what I remember from 7.

Only played half of Hoshido and started the third path right now (just came out two days ago). The pair up situation is handled better, as you kinda want to dance between the two stances. When the opponent pairs up though, you want to pair up yourself as the offensive stance loses all their benefits. It's just a tighter package than Awakening, as they really refined it.

The difficulty curve is better in this game, it was too easy too ramp up the avatar in the previous game, making mid game easy after a hard early game. Internet battles is going to be huge.

squicken

Those Dome Patrol LBs were awesome. It just sucked for them they were stuck in a division with the 49ers. Never won a playoff game with Mora

Draxal

Those Dome Patrol LBs were awesome. It just sucked for them they were stuck in a division with the 49ers. Never won a playoff game with Mora

I remember when Parcells told LT that Ricky Jackson (I think) was better than LT to LT. He didn't like that one bit.

Only played half of Hoshido and started the third path right now (just came out two days ago). The pair up situation is handled better, as you kinda want to dance between the two stances. When the opponent pairs up though, you want to pair up yourself as the offensive stance loses all their benefits. It's just a tighter package than Awakening, as they really refined it.

The difficulty curve is better in this game, it was too easy too ramp up the avatar in the previous game, making mid game easy after a hard early game. Internet battles is going to be huge.
Interesting that you went Hoshido second, that's the easier path with an Awakening style world map, right? I figured you'd want to do that one first.

I am so happy to hear that pair-up is refined. I liked it more than most but it did feel far too powerful and essential. The reason I love FE above all other SRPG's is the exceptional balance and thought put into the mechanics so everything you're saying is just raising my hype levels even more.

Best series ever! It makes me so happy that we are still getting new, quality entries in the year 2015. Thank goodness FE isn't a Capcom or Konami franchise.

Draxal

Interesting that you went Hoshido second, that's the easier path with an Awakening style world map, right? I figured you'd want to do that one first.

I am so happy to hear that pair-up is refined. I liked it more than most but it did feel far too powerful and essential. The reason I love FE above all other SRPG's is the exceptional balance and thought put into the mechanics so everything you're saying is just raising my hype levels even more.

Best series ever! It makes me so happy that we are still getting new, quality entries in the year 2015. Thank goodness FE isn't a Capcom or Konami franchise.

I didn't do Nohr at all, I don't speak moon language, so I figured the grinding would help me out. Honestly, I really love the animations in this game, swordmasters(trueblades) can dual wield if they use a special sword and it looks amazing.

We have a mascot now. It's Umaru-chan.

Our mascot always will be our cat from Toronto.

This is literally Chinese to me. Crazy.

I didn't do Nohr at all, I don't speak moon language, so I figured the grinding would help me out. Honestly, I really love the animations in this game, swordmasters(trueblades) can dual wield if they use a special sword and it looks amazing.
Oh, I'm with you now! That's great to hear about the animations, always one of my favorite parts of any FE.

How does it feel in terms of length? Do you think it will feel like 3 full games or something less?

This is literally Chinese to me. Crazy.
You should play Fire Emblem: Awakening!

Draxal

Oh, I'm with you now! That's great to hear about the animations, always one of my favorite parts of any FE.

How does it feel in terms of length? Do you think it will feel like 3 full games or something less?

Eh, I'm getting all three because I can afford it, but the game really does push the dlc third campaign as the true ending, so I can understand alot of people being upset with that.

They do reuse maps, but the reused maps have their own twists (and not all of them are reused).

I mean I understand why they're doing this (fire emblem fans are hardcore and will spend more on the game to make it survive, but at the same time I just don't think it will help grow the series at all as people will look at it as a blatant cash grab).

You should play Fire Emblem: Awakening!

Really isn't my type of game, after a quick Google search. I just like how people who love all different genres in gaming can get together and talk football
during the season

Draxal

Really isn't my type of game, after a quick Google search. I just like how people who love all different genres in gaming can get together and talk football
during the season

I'm just grumpy Bionic isn't here anymore. But yeah I do like how we're all different types of gamers and still can talk shit about all these games and football during the season.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Which would be better? A good pair of headphones for listening to at my pc or a good pair of speakers for listening to at my pc?

Top Bottom