• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Pre-Preseason Thread |OT| Milana Vayntrub presents "Wet Dreaming of a Super Bowl"

Zeke

I thought San Antonio was completely out of the running for a team? Pretty much confirmed that LA is getting the Raiders and Chargers right?
There is a glimmer left that's about it. Really depends on the rams. Stan is ready to break ground from what I read. Meanwhile SD and Oakland still have thumbs up their asses. If Stan takes the rams to LA then it's a toss up as to what other team will join him. I'd venture to say SD only for the fact that the spano's have deeper pockets. Davis had meetings and a tour of the city and likely sites for a new home while in SA.

Line_HTX

So mech can pretend they have a rivalry going like he does with dallas.

I like San Antonio more than Dallas.

“Ultimately,” [Hoyer] admitted, “you win over the fans by winning football games. I haven’t had the privilege of playing in front of our fans yet, but all I’ve heard is good things.”

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Just fucking score touchdowns and not have drives stall and the offense do nothing making the defense work for everything because y'all so inept...

jakncoke

Banned
Cause they already have Dallas/Houston teams to support

Im sure the political and rich arent thinking that way and thinking about the prestige of having their own nfl team. This isnt commy country giving support and dollars to others cities out of kindness and fairness, most do it because there isnt a chance to get a real local team and thats the next best thing.

cajunator

Banned
Im sure the political and rich arent thinking that way and thinking about the prestige of having their own nfl team. This isnt commy country giving support and dollars to others cities out of kindness and fairness, most do it because there isnt a chance to get a real local team and thats the next best thing.

There are already enough teams. 32 is pushing the limits as it is.

Zeke

Cause they already have Dallas/Houston teams to support
And? Dallas and Houston are Dallas and Houston's teams. They aren't "our" teams. If ny, cali and Florida can support three teams each why wouldn't the the second largest economy in the US be able to support another? All three cities have nba teams and all three are very well supported in their markets. Lots of people adopt the boys or Texans because we don't have a team. Bring team down here watch how many people jump on the train.

cajunator

Banned
You realize it's not an expansion right? It would be a relocation literally nothing changes talent wise.

the only team that could really relocate without severely upsetting too many fans would be Jacksonville.
The rest have strong regional identities.

Draxal

And? Dallas and Houston are Dallas and Houston's teams. They aren't "our" teams. If ny, cali and Florida can support three teams each why wouldn't the the second largest economy in the US be able to support another? All three cities have nba teams and all three are very well supported in their markets. Lots of people adopt the boys or Texans because we don't have a team. Bring team down here watch how many people jump on the train.

Eh, NY doesn't have three teams (and it in all honesty if it wasn't for some loyal owners they would have moved out of Buffalo, the two NYC teams are the tristate teams.

Zeke

the only team that could really relocate without severely upsetting too many fans would be Jacksonville.
The rest have strong regional identities.
So did the rams and the browns and the Oilers and the Colts and the cards etc. What fans want doesn't matter to the owner it comes down to profit and what's good for his team. It's not like they aren't going to pick up new fans if they move.

bb2.png

Do it, fools.

Spinluck

The only things I've bought from the Amazon sale are a USB 3.0 Flash Drive (32GB) and this really cool power outlet with 8 plug ports and 4 USB ones.

Last night I watched Amy, incredible documentary.

Don't do coke and heroin, and drink as much as jak kids.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
San Antonio would theoretically pull in the Austin market as well. They're only a little over an hour apart.

I'm guessing that's the appeal anyway because San Antonio doesn't seem like a very wealthy city to me.

Top Bottom