• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Pre-Preseason Thread |OT| Milana Vayntrub presents "Wet Dreaming of a Super Bowl"

Godslay

Banned
yikes. Von Miller going to get that type of money man.

Yep, it should be in that ballpark. Only thing that could prevent him from getting that type of money is the prior suspensions leading to the potential for greater suspensions. Although that's probably not a problem because most teams would pay him that anyways even with the history.

He's more well-rounded than Houston is as well, so he should easily get that.

Zeke

San Antonio would theoretically pull in the Austin market as well. They're only a little over an hour apart.

I'm guessing that's the appeal anyway because San Antonio doesn't seem like a very wealthy city to me.
SA would pull from Austin, south Texas and Mexico. The city is booming right now renovations are taking place at the dome and spurs home. Downtown has been undergoing revitalization as well. There is a lot on building going on right now.
McNair and Jones would completely block a team in San Antonio no matter what they say publically.
Jerry sure mcnair doesn't seem to care and lets be honest why would he care it's not like Texans have any sort base down here. Mcnair is about money if a team down here makes money and he gets a cut he won't care.

MechDX

SA would pull from Austin, south Texas and Mexico. The city is booming right now renovations are taking place at the dome and spurs home. Downtown has been undergoing revitalization as well. There is a lot on building going on right now.
Jerry sure mcnair doesn't seem to care and lets be honest why would he care it's not like Texans have any sort base down here. Mcnair is about money if a team down here makes money and he gets a cut he won't care.

McNair is working on the untapped Hispanic market in the valley. A team in San Antonio would greatly effect that. if the league asks for teams to play games in Mexico City I can see McNair jumping all over that if he hasn't already

Jerry isn't giving up his SA market .

I'm with ha. San Antonio will happen, it's a matter of when not if.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
McNair is working on the untapped Hispanic market in the valley. A team in San Antonio would greatly effect that. if the league asks for teams to play games in Mexico City I can see McNair jumping all over that if he hasn't already

Yeah I'm having a hard time seeing either Houston or Dallas giving up what would essentially be the pipeline to the Hispanic market.

A San Antonio team would basically dominate the entire Texan Hispanic fanbase mostly because San Antonio would reach into the RGV and San Antonio itself is what? 75%+ Hispanic?

So if I can't stay at my current job, my insurance premiums will go from $10 a month to $275 a month.

Fuck

Stop being so poor.

Zeke

He might as well slam his dick in a car door because cowboys are the team in the valley.

MechDX

Yeah I'm having a hard time seeing either Houston or Dallas giving up what would essentially be the pipeline to the Hispanic market.

A San Antonio team would basically dominate the entire Texan Hispanic fanbase mostly because San Antonio would reach into the RGV and San Antonio itself is what? 75%+ Hispanic?

Stop being so poor.

Thank you for agreeing with me fellow Texan fan. #BOB

v3KnYRH.gif

I'm thinking they'll both be in the mid-40s for guarantees. Unless Dez got them to buckle and pay Megatron dollars, which would be $48M+.

You think they'll get anything done by the beginning of the season? I wonder how much Peyton will even throw to DT if he comes back given they haven't really practiced together at all under this new system. Latimer better be stepping up.

Zeke

Stop being so poor.
Eh I think Mark could pull off the relocation. They can't force him to stay in Oakland and if they try to he can pull a page out of al's book and sue.

Godslay

Banned
You think they'll get anything done by the beginning of the season? I wonder how much Peyton will even throw to DT if he comes back given they haven't really practiced together at all under this new system. Latimer better be stepping up.

I'm hopeful that the rumors are true and DT wants it done today.

As far as the camp stuff, most guys on the radio are saying it shouldn't be a big deal to come in and pick it up quickly, even if he was to miss games going into the season.

Reason being his rapport with Manning, relative experience as a WR, and the fact that they'll go over the stuff leading up to a game in practice and the meeting room.

Personally, I wouldn't mind him sitting out training camp and pre-season games to give Latimer and some of the other guys a chance to get some experience.

San Antonio is Cowboys territory. Would still be even if there was another team there. Houston had a large chunk of old Oilers fans who didn't care for the Cowboys. San Antonio has always been for the Cowboys.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Didn't even realize that the Texans don't even own Orange, Texas out along the Louisiana border.

How does that even happen?

All DT will have to do is maybe learn some new blocking schemes he'll be fine in that regard.

Didn't even realize that the Texans don't even own Orange, Texas out along the Louisiana border.

How does that even happen?

They are in direct competition with (by far) the most popular team in the league.

Top Bottom