• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason 2014 |OT2| - It's only one week, deal with no new content!

jakncoke

Banned
Is Bradford's contract off the books after this year? There's a lot of talent on that team going to waste by their lack of finding a QB. Probably won't see situations like this much in the future now that we have a rookie wage scale.

According to spotrac he owed just shy of 13 and 3 and change in bonus for next season

JABEE

Colasante

The fact that the Jets opened free agency with $40 million in cap space and their cornerbacks will be Dee Milliner, Darrin Walls, Kyle Wilson, and Ellis Lankster is insane to me. Insane.

LJ11

Meaningless honestly, he was going to get cut regardless, guy mailed it in after getting a contract extension. No DT depth on this team, I've been complaining about the last two years and fans think I'm nuts. Luckily they have a couple of unproven guys in Cohen and Charles who have really flashed but in limited rolls and against backups... They'll get torn to bits if they lose either starter.

JABEE

Meaningless honestly, he was going to get cut regardless, guy mailed it in after getting a contract extension. No DT depth on this team, I've been complaining about the last two years and fans think I'm nuts. Luckily they have a couple of unproven guys in Cohen and Charles who have really flashed but in limited rolls and against backups... They'll get torn to bits if they lose either starter.
I've been reading that he was clinging onto his roster spot up until this point. The arrest and the expected subsequent discipline made the decision easier.

HylianTom

Banned
Hmm.. we might have a workaround for Jimmy (for home games, at least). The crowd is going to continue to attempt goading him into it..

JimmyWorkaround.png

Boose

Looks like Tru Johnson has a Sprained MCL supposed to be a 6 week recovery. Which is a lot better than I thought it was going to be after watching that hit last night.

Meanwhile still no news on Bradford seems like a bad sign.

LJ11

I've been reading that he was clinging onto his roster spot up until this point. The arrest and the expected subsequent discipline made the decision easier.

Yeah, Branch bailed them out to be honest, could point to his behavior instead of the fact that he completely quit before camp even started. Guy just gave up.

Edit I chose the Rams as my team in the madden league....

Narag

@mortreport
Rams QB Sam Bradford is out for season after MRI shows he did tear left knee ACL, per sources. Rams will announce later today.

No 1 QB of preseason is

Matthew fucking McGloin...bitches.

Qcl7nEu.jpg
How the hell do they derive the overall rating? Dude threw 56% and 7.3 YPA, and somehow he grades out higher than the rest of the league?

Formula is fucked.

e: check out Garoppolo. 65%, 9 YPA, 4:0 TD:INT. Half as many magical QB points.

David Newton ‏@DNewtonespn 1h
#Panthers QB Cam Newton slightly hunched over and walking stiff. Not sure how much he can do.

David Newton ‏@DNewtonespn 1h
With fourth string QB Matt Blanchard not here #Panthers have two healthy QBS in Anderson and Webb.

iD3GO6CpKxs8T.gif

fake edit: Bradford out for the season. Bad break for the Rams

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
So the question becomes: will they choose Marcus Mariota or Jameis Winston?

With that defense there is no way they're top 5 pick type of bad this year. They won 7 games with Kellen Clemens.

Still sucks for Rams fans. They should have gave up on Bradford way before this happened or at least had a better contingency plan in place instead of Shaun Hill.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Oh man.

If Shaun Hill (Rams' new QB) outplays Matt Stafford things are going to get hilarious in Detroit.

JABEE

Yeah, Branch bailed them out to be honest, could point to his behavior instead of the fact that he completely quit before camp even started. Guy just gave up.

Edit I chose the Rams as my team in the madden league....
I think the Madden league doesn't pay attention to injuries that happen after the game comes out. Not sure. I don't think Bradford would be injured in the first season.

Matt Stafford gonna have a beastly season.

5000+ yards and 40+ TDs. My Shirtless QB.

He'll also have like 5 wins with his Lions, but my fantasy team doesn't care about that

There are a lot of people who wound up being busts. But man, Bradford's the one I'm really sad about. What rotten luck.

Still, $50 million guaranteed.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Bradford's career is probably done after back to back ACL injuries plus that shoulder injury from way back when.

Should have gotten fat like Stafford since that seemed to solve his glass problem.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
I think the Madden league doesn't pay attention to injuries that happen after the game comes out. Not sure. I don't think Bradford would be injured in the first season.

Happened before the game came out!

that sucks for bradford. even though i troll him he can be a good QB with the right situation. reminds me of alex with the terrible injuries early and all the bullshit around. hopefully he finds his harbs someday!

that sucks for bradford. even though i troll him he can be a good QB with the right situation. reminds me of alex with the terrible injuries early and all the bullshit around. hopefully he finds his harbs someday!
So he can get stabbed in the back and exiled to Kansas City? For shame, hasn't he suffered enough indignity? :(

JABEE

Imagine if the Rams would have had the 1st pick and passed on Luck in the season they traded back from the 2nd pick. They got good value from the Redskins.

Do you think the Rams would have passed on Luck? I don't know how they could have, but I remember people saying that back then.

ShaneB

Imagine if the Rams would have had the 1st pick and passed on Luck in the season they traded back from the 2nd pick. They got good value from the Redskins.

Do you think the Rams would have passed on Luck? I don't know how they could have, but I remember people saying that back then.

Well the what if game will drive sports fans crazy, but they had plenty of options with their #2 pick this year!

Top Bottom