• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason 2014 |OT2| - It's only one week, deal with no new content!

Come on godslay please don't tell me your buying that bullshit. There were a few times when he played for the Pats were I thought he had a concussion. That one hit he took against the Steelers is one of the hits that comes to mind. It's sad, but no team is going to sit a player down for their own good. There was also chatter in the press about him having a concussion, but with the way the Pats hide their injuries you just never now. There's no doubt in my mind that he has had more concussions than the number that's being thrown out right now. Just seeing what concussions did to a player like Marc Savard for the Bruins makes me sad thinking about what Welkers future might be like. Savard had a two concussions that ended his career.

He also has said in live interviews that he suffers from memory issues, and I remember reading articles about his recovery was truly sad stuff. Concussions are scary as fuck, and it's pretty disgusting the way most sports treat them. I'm glad it looks like things are changing for the better now, but they are still the scariest injuries any player can have. Loved Welker when he played with the Pats and hope that his brain isn't scrambled. It should be if you have a certain number of concussions in a year you automatically sit the season. Players are never going to save themselves and teams will always look out for their own self interests. Right now there should be a system in place that takes that decision out of the teams/players hands.

I know they have concussion protocols now, but I hope they factor in the number of previous concussions. No matter how mild a concussion is, when it's like the 10th of your career you better be damn sure there's no symptoms before clearing the guy. As a fan of the guy, I hope he just retires. I don't want to feel nervous every time that manning throws him a duck over the middle that his brain is going to be broke .

Godslay

Banned
Come on godslay please don't tell me your buying that bullshit. There were a few times when he played for the Pats were I thought he had a concussion. That one hit he took against the Steelers is one of the hits that comes to mind. It's sad, but no team is going to sit a player down for their own good. There was also chatter in the press about him having a concussion, but with the way the Pats hide their injuries you just never now. There's no doubt in my mind that he has had more concussions than the number that's being thrown out right now. Just seeing what concussions did to a player like Marc Savard for the Bruins makes me sad thinking about what Welkers future might be like. Savard had a two concussions that ended his career.

He also has said in live interviews that he suffers from memory issues, and I remember reading articles about his recovery was truly sad stuff. Concussions are scary as fuck, and it's pretty disgusting the way most sports treat them. I'm glad it looks like things are changing for the better now, but they are still the scariest injuries any player can have. Loved Welker when he played with the Pats and hope that his brain isn't scrambled. It should be if you have a certain number of concussions in a year you automatically sit the season. Players are never going to save themselves and teams will always look out for their own self interests. Right now there should be a system in place that takes that decision out of the teams/players hands.

I've been very clear that he should sit until cleared, which according to protocol is by an independent doctor, or he should hang'em up.

As far as the helmet it is specifically designed to help, but who knows by how much. There really is no reason to push him to play, the depth is there at WR so he can rest. So maybe it's in part true? I guess we wont ever know, simply because we will only get what they tell us.

Trust me, I want the players to be healthy and happy, even after football. Even with that said, if they want to put their bodies at risk, that is their decision.

cdyhybrid

5lEEZKb.png

eznark

Banned
Fell asleep with NFLN on and woke up the their morning show. LaVarr Arrington just said that Tom Brady is the only active quarterback with multiple Super Bowl wins.

Ok, NFL.

gutshot

Fell asleep with NFLN on and woke up the their morning show. LaVarr Arrington just said that Tom Brady is the only active quarterback with multiple Super Bowl wins.

Ok, NFL.

It would be charitable to describe the position that Eli Manning is playing right now as "quarterback".

bionic77

Ok, NFL.
Fell asleep and woke up to NFLN sounds so much better than fell asleep while watching DOTA highlights.

eznark

Banned
It would be charitable to describe the position that Eli Manning is playing right now as "quarterback".

oh

My favorite thing is that the next sentence Arrington asked if anyone thought Ben Roethlisberger is a franchise quarterback. Like, he knew that for some reason he should be talking about Roethlisberger he just couldn't remember why.

gutshot

oh

My favorite thing is that the next sentence Arrington asked if anyone thought Ben Roethlisberger is a franchise quarterback. Like, he knew that for some reason he should be talking about Roethlisberger he just couldn't remember why.

Hey, that's the best I can do at 7:40 in the morning on a Tuesday.

Skele7on

Banned
Allen Herns looked pretty good against the lions this weekend.

Overall happy with the game, Lions looked strong, and nice to see Reggie can still run like a beast. man so close to the new season now!

Lions please destroy Eli....

gutshot

Some morning reading for you all. A good piece from Birds 24/7 on the rise of no-huddle or "tempo" offenses with quotes from Chip Kelly, Bill Belichick, Greg Cosell and others.

Bill Walsh predicted the up-tempo movement in his 1997 book titled, Finding the Winning Edge.

In a chapter called “Determining the Future Dynamics of Offense in the NFL,” he envisions a league where teams only huddle when the clock is stopped and use single-word audibles to call out a play.

The quarterback will look to the sideline the instant the whistle blows on the previous play to see which personnel combination is entering the game. The designated coach indicates the formation to the quarterback and whether he should audible his own play or will receive a play call from the coach. All of these steps will occur without a huddle.​

The movement is upon us.

Full article: http://www.phillymag.com/birds247/2014/08/25/chip-tempo-movement/

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

Ok, NFL.

Saw that too this morning. I was more upset no one else even dared call him out on how wrong he was.

Dragon

Banned

Ok, NFL.

It's not like Eli Manning played against Tom Brady in the SB twice and beat him......

jakncoke

Banned
Steelers down to 81, 6 more to go before 4 pm.

The Steelers have released running backs Jordan Hall and Miguel Maysonet, wide receivers C.J. Goodwin and Kashif Moore, tight end Eric Waters, safety Jordan Dangerfield, cornerbacks Devin Smith and Lewis Toler, and linebacker Vic So’oto.

Standard cuts in the first 9

ShaneB

The extra money in my paycheck will be nice since I want to get a Maddenstation 4, but man, fuck inventory =(

Think I'll take Monday and Tuesday off during week 1, enjoy the late night football with no worries of work the next day.

Ok, NFL.

Maybe he meant Tom Brady is the only active quarterback with multiple Super Bowl wins*.

Top Bottom