• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason 2014 |OT2| - It's only one week, deal with no new content!

Yea, I guess the more reasonable approach is to just start watching some game and if one Team manages to win me over I'll stick with it. Denver Broncos start with an advantage because it was the state I lived when I was in the USA (I made the mistake of not going to a game...), but I don't really know them much. I like how cool most teams sound and they usually have a very interesting story.

So was I.
Watching the season without picking a team seems like the best.

If you choose a team that happens to win a lot, Don't let anyone saying "ohhh you jumped on the bandwagon" stop you.

Pick who you want

Freeman

Banned
Who do you generally play as in Madden? I'd start messing around with different teams there. Just don't pick a team that's too good, no one likes gloryhunters.
Carolina Panthers, it felt like a competitive team, that wasn't overpowered. Dillon Panthers was the name of the team in the FNL series so that had some weight when I chose a team to start a season with.

If you choose a team that happens to win a lot, Don't let anyone saying "ohhh you jumped on the bandwagon" stop you.

Pick who you want

It makes sense that you end up picking the winning team or the ones that make it to the end in the first season you follow, they are the ones who will probably have the most dramatic games and the most exciting team. There also seem to be no dominant force in the NFL that last long, even if you pick the wining team soon enough it won't be the winning team anymore.

Gobias

Banned
So was I.
Touche.

Since you don't have a hometown team just watch a bunch of games this season and choose a team with a play style that fits you. I would also try to avoid picking a top 5 team since it'll be a lot more rewarding in the long run if you pick a bit of an underdog.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Nobody ever chooses the Saints. Im the only Saints fan and thats perfectly fine.

If Reggie Bush wasn't on the Saints I probably would have picked them as my team.

Pick who you want

Don't listen to this ignorant slut! Ask Shane how empty he felt about picking the Seahawks and then seeing them win instantly.

Love ya BG!

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
That was a beautiful blitz pick up by Harris who has been impressive all over the place tonight. Nice moves by White.

I'll think about it.

Thanks. I appreciate a good defense I suppose, I was watching a documentary showing some Super Bowl games of the past and it felt like when a team that relied more on its defense won it felt more heroic.
I'd say watch the season without picking a team from the outset. Red zone channel is the greatest human invention since fire, so you should be able to get a good feel for the way certain teams play and decide what you like.

And we here at NFL-GAF can inform you of the hidden truths that each team symbolizes.

For example:

Patriots = cheating, video cameras
Seahawks = PEDs
Ravens = murder

etc...

cajunator

Banned
These chips are great
bdqakXS.jpg

Freeman

Banned
Whatever you do....always hate the pats, no matter what!
Easy to hate the team that has a QB that is winning the Super Bowl every other year, is good looking and is married to a Supermodel. He has everything going for him, but I'll deny him my support.

I'd say watch the season without picking a team from the outset. Red zone channel is the greatest human invention since fire, so you should be able to get a good feel for the way certain teams play and decide what you like.

And we here at NFL-GAF can inform you of the hidden truths that each team symbolizes.

For example:

Patriots = cheating, video cameras
Seahawks = PEDs
Ravens = murder

etc...
The evil axis.

Gobias

Banned
Easy to hate the team that has a QB that is winning the Super Bowl every other year, is good looking and is married to a Supermodel. He has everything going for him, but I'll deny him my support.

That's a common mistake. The Patriots haven't won a legit Superbowl in a decade.

cajunator

Banned
If Reggie Bush wasn't on the Saints I probably would have picked them as my team.

Don't listen to this ignorant slut! Ask Shane how empty he felt about picking the Seahawks and then seeing them win instantly.

Love ya BG!

Nah its oki Kavey I still love you!

You're not the only one. truly and Big Baybee are here during the season.

As long as Dirtbag's not here, we good.

No you ain't!

I mainly lurk, but I'm definitely here.

Yeah I suppose there are a few. Those arent bad. Just wish they were more active.

You're alright with me!

rando14

Pats are winning the super bowel every other year? Wow I didn't know that!!

The evil axis.

Your facts are a little off but I like you already, you'll fit in just fine!

cajunator

Banned
They're the most evil, addictive, delicious chip ever created. Sweet, salty, zingy.. I can't do them justice with words.

If a bag makes it 24 in my house, it's a miracle.

You are sooooooo right.
I cant even describe how these chips taste except amazing.

The Fire Mel Tucker brigade is out in full force on the fan page I visit. Eh, I still think the defense will be somewhat improved. Historically the Bears always stink in the preseason regardless.

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
That's amazing.
So the general consensus is that the NFC North defenses still sucks

After the first drive, GB's defense has looked very good tonight. It's just hard to gauge because they are playing against the Raiders.

Curtis Painter might get a drive tonight and then be shown the door. Nassib sealed up that #2 QB spot a game ago but really cemented it tonight.

jakncoke

Banned
some of the greatest inventions are the result of a mistake.
These chips are delicious. Definitely some salt and vinegar/pickle taste, with a bit of bbq, and a hint of spice. It all mixes together in a way that just works.

Thats the thing tho, I fucking cant stand salt n vinegar chips.

That's probably true.

I'll give you that he's better than Anthony Morelli.

haha thats not saying much

Top Bottom