• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason 2014 |OT2| - It's only one week, deal with no new content!

cdyhybrid

Seahawks reach today's 75-man roster limit with the following transactions (updated roster at http://shwks.com/roster):

Terminated veteran contracts
T Wade Smith
CB Terrell Thomas

Waived
T Cory Brandon
RB Demitrius Bronson
S Mike Dobson
DE Jackson Jeffcoat
WR Kevin Smith
CB Thomas Wolfe

Waived/Injured
DT Michael Brooks
WR David Gilreath
LB Horace Miller

Placed on Injured Reserve
LB Heath Farwell
CB A.J. Jefferson
G C.J. Davis

Placed on Reserve/Non-Football Injury
CB Eric Pinkins

Seahawks reach today's 75-man roster limit with the following transactions (updated roster at http://shwks.com/roster):

Terminated veteran contracts
T Wade Smith
CB Terrell Thomas

Waived
T Cory Brandon
RB Demitrius Bronson
S Mike Dobson
DE Jackson Jeffcoat
WR Kevin Smith
CB Thomas Wolfe

Waived/Injured
DT Michael Brooks
WR David Gilreath
LB Horace Miller

Placed on Injured Reserve
LB Heath Farwell
CB A.J. Jefferson
G C.J. Davis

Placed on Reserve/Non-Football Injury
CB Eric Pinkins

Does TT have anything left? Eagles still need secondary help big time.

Bowser

Shit, I wouldn't mind the Panthers signing Thomas (he could get some advice/mentoring from Thomas Davis) and Wade Smith. Bound to be an upgrade over the backups we have at the moment.

No trolling, I'm actually surprised Carolina wasn't in that list. The FO projections seemed to really hate them when the book was published this year.

I've said all off-season that Miami will be the most surprisingly awful team. Glad science backs me up.

Defense is too good for the team to be outright assy ass. Even if they slip a bit from the offense not being to control the ball/clock as well, they are still going to be at worst, top 5 overall.

But yeah, everyone is down on the Panthers right now.

Dosia

I'm just saying can't really use the hurt argument when both teams had key guys injured. Neither team was full strength going in.

lol.

Pats offense that game:

Edelman 15 targets
Vereen 8 targets
Collie 6 targets
Hooman 3 targets
Dobson 3 targets
Mulligan 1 target
Amendola 1 target
Slater 1 target

All-star lineup right there.

MechDX

Okay this jj watt is amazing, I like him a lot

wattstaff.gif

iPa5ufsZPUUVN.gif

ttsurf.gif

He is sooo dreamy!

Godslay

Banned
lol.

Pats offense that game:

Edelman 15 targets
Vereen 8 targets
Collie 6 targets
Hooman 3 targets
Dobson 3 targets
Mulligan 1 target
Amendola 1 target
Slater 1 target

All-star lineup right there.

Not my fault your team can't field an offense that backups can shut down. If that is your offense, the problems are elsewhere.

MechDX

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter · 38s
RT @mortreport: Seahawks & Pete Carroll collectively fined over $300,000 by NFL for violation of off-season non-contact rules, per sources.

Chris Mortensen ‏@mortreport · 1m
The @Seahawks also lose 2 minicamp practices after review of June 16 OTA practice was deemed unsuitable under CBA rules. Story on @ESPNNFL

Dosia

Not my fault your team can't field an offense that backups can shut down. If that is your offense, the problems are elsewhere.

You are right there were a lot of problems. Hopefully both teams remain healthy this year and the winner can represent the AFC better than last year. Both teams would have gotten slapped by the hawks.

Godslay

Banned
You are right there were a lot of problems. Hopefully both teams remain healthy this year and the winner can represent the AFC better than last year. Both teams would have gotten slapped by the hawks.

Its always a better win/less crushing defeat when the competition is in optimal form.

As far as the Hawks, they came ready and the Broncos didn't.

Dragon

Banned
If only snes were still around to explain it to them.

Way to go, Dragon.

Way to go me, I made snes be a complete asshole and ask to be banned and have to register under a false name in which I then outed him completely without malice and then was bitched at for it for years afterwards while he continues to be snarky on his twitter account about neogaf and this thread specifically.

Way to go me.

Crisco

Banned
Defense is too good for the team to be outright assy ass. Even if they slip a bit from the offense not being to control the ball/clock as well, they are still going to be at worst, top 5 overall.

But yeah, everyone is down on the Panthers right now.

A lot hinges on the health of Jonathan Stewart. He can hide a lot of deficiencies along the offensive line with his aggressive running style and make the play action pass a real weapon, something we haven't had since 2011. Of course, that's like wishing for a unicorn at this point.

jakncoke

Banned
Way to go me, I made snes be a complete asshole and ask to be banned and have to register under a false name in which I then outed him completely without malice and then was bitched at for it for years afterwards while he continues to be snarky on his twitter account about neogaf and this thread specifically.

Way to go me.

Gata disciple

Well Madden 15 definitely looks much better than 25. I never bought 25 but played it with some friends on his X1 when he got it at launch. Nice visual upgrade and the models for the coaches/players look quite a bit better.

I was playing the Cowboys and took the Giants offense on a 9 play scoring drive with almost no resistance whatsoever on All Pro...

Difficulty needs up or realistic simulation of the Cowboys defense? You decide.

Phil Simms character model is the stuff of nightmares though. Yikes.

Syrinx

Saw the Mankins trade. I liked Wright in his rookie season (he and Glennon seemed to have a good connection) but we needed help at guard badly.

Dragon

Banned
Gata disciple

That doesn't even make sense bro! If I just assume for a second that your dumb argument about me and snes is correct (it isn't but let's assume) I snitched snes wayyyyy before Gata did any of his snitching. Believe me, no one deserves to be a disciple of Gata.

Well Madden 15 definitely looks much better than 25. I never bought 25 but played it with some friends on his X1 when he got it at launch. Nice visual upgrade and the models for the coaches/players look quite a bit better.

I was playing the Cowboys and took the Giants offense on a 9 play scoring drive with almost no resistance whatsoever on All Pro...

Been playing First Light, it's pretty damn good! The challenges actually seem challenging, and it has another platinum! Also downloading the NHL demo, I hope it's not just NHL 07 version 8.

How is the gameplay?

jakncoke

Banned
That doesn't even make sense bro! If I just assume for a second that your dumb argument about me and snes is correct (it isn't but let's assume) I snitched snes wayyyyy before Gata did any of his snitching. Believe me, no one deserves to be a disciple of Gata.

Been playing First Light, it's pretty damn good! The challenges actually seem challenging, and it has another platinum! Also downloading the NHL demo, I hope it's not just NHL 07 version 8.

I bet you're brothers or even father/son, You said you're an old like 32 right, gata is 12. It aligns!

MechDX

You had my curiosity but now you have my attention!
Who they playing on Thursday? because that's the game Ill watch

Forty Niners but it is the 4th preseason game. No starters usually except the Niners are playing their starters a couple series.

How is the gameplay?

I literally played a quarter. Can't speak with any level of intelligence on it outside of saying that it feels like last years game with some nice nips and tucks for the interface (play selection, making audibles, line shifts, etc,) and I actually dig the defensive player cam and the little mini-game to get a good jump on the ball.

Downloaded and waiting for me. Also got the Metro Redux and still playing through Diablo 3 (on Act 3 in fact). Plenty to do before Destiny hits.

I'm getting in as much gaming as I can now before I start school in January. :jnc

Top Bottom